You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacArthur92

No DD battles and 4 DD per side ones

36 comments in this topic

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles

Is it so hard to make such things not happen? No DD battle is so awful and boring, then you get 4 DD one. 

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Well at least the no dd games will give certain proof to those that believe dds are a dead class and that no one is playing them because of radar through islands :Smile-_tongue:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,335 posts
5,740 battles
3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Is it so hard to make such things not happen? No DD battle is so awful and boring, then you get 4 DD one. 

Hey some of us play DD's every day, in fact today I played nothing other than DD's (trying to figure out which of the DD missions to go for in directive 4 (so far leaning towards the pasian/ijn one))

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
7 hours ago, lafeel said:

Hey some of us play DD's every day, in fact today I played nothing other than DD's (trying to figure out which of the DD missions to go for in directive 4 (so far leaning towards the pasian/ijn one))

It's not about people not playing DDs. Cause next battle I had 4 DD one.

[DAVY]
Players
525 posts
8,871 battles

I am getting more and more 0 dd games and I do believe it is down to there being less dds in the queue at higher tiers.

Radar, CVs and a general increase in shell velocity has made life much more difficult for dds. This effect is amplified if you only have one or 2 high tier dds that are very power creeped and off meta. For example Khaba and shima.

I'm happy to play round radar in my dd as long as I am not facing enough on one flank to be perma spotted, which is possible. However fighting high shell velocity ships with oldschool dds and cv perma spotting is just no fun, so why do it?

• Cool 4

[ALYEN]
Players
2,065 posts
4,025 battles
13 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

I saw a few of those when I was forced to play a cruiser because Dockyard directive 1 cannot be completed in DDs only ... 2 and 3 are fine with DDs only so far ... I think the rather insensitive way WG is trying to gouge money from players is causing this .... yes I get that class balance and variety and yadayada ... but DDs are the least played surface ship class (I don't include the floating airfields in this one).

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
197 posts
2,867 battles

I play mainly T8 DDs currently. And I have the impression that I get up-tiered a lot more than I get same or lower tiers. Sometimes I have games, where all DDs are T8 and all other ships are T10.

The reason behind is IMHO, that T10 DDs are not very appealing. Currently, I play Lightning and I really don't know why I should play any other DD. It is quite perfect for it's tier. In T10 the maintanace cost are much higher. Since DD games are not very homogeneous (sometimes you die after 5 min before even do any damage because the enemy CV wants you sunk), it repels me from play in higher tiers.

But it's very frustrating to play with a T8 DD mainly against T10 ships. I think, WG should change this and limit to +1 tier. Of course, T10 games would be mostly without DDs.

[UA-NF]
Players
482 posts
7,983 battles
Vor 15 Stunden, MacArthur92 sagte:

I like variety... No DD or one DD/no CV situation is very rare. Much more often you have DD and he goes and suicides in first 5 min of the match... and then you don't have DD...

In no-DD games BBs have to spot, that's all. Cruiser can't be a spotter.

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles
17 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Playing DD's now above T8 is super hard and as a consequence you have to be super skilled to pull it off and even then it is no cake walk. It is no surprise that this is putting players off especially if they have the joy of those 4 radar ship and 1 Haku games. 

So I myself am not surprised to see a decline in DD population in the queue for battle and that this is being noticed as it has been noticed by me also. It was sort of obvious it was going to happen.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
4 minutes ago, GraySlayer said:

Playing DD's now above T8 is super hard and as a consequence you have to be super skilled to pull it off and even then it is no cake walk. It is no surprise that this is putting players off especially if they have the joy of those 4 radar ship and 1 Haku games. 

So I myself am not surprised to see a decline in DD population in the queue for battle and that this is being noticed as it has been noticed by me also. It was sort of obvious it was going to happen.

It's even on T6 now. Not about decline, I had 18 DDs waiting in queue and then such no DD battle...

Beta Tester
1,827 posts
18,457 battles
Vor 37 Minuten, MacArthur92 sagte:

It's even on T6 now. Not about decline, I had 18 DDs waiting in queue and then such no DD battle...

The obvious solution is to play an AA speced cruiser. As we all know you will not get a carrier but plenty DDs in your battle.

Players
619 posts
3,566 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

I don't even know what those queue numbers mean. I often see 6 CV and enter the game with none so what does it mean even?

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
2 hours ago, Johnny_Moneto said:

The obvious solution is to play an AA speced cruiser. As we all know you will not get a carrier but plenty DDs in your battle.

I often get such no DD game in Bagration... 

1 hour ago, GraySlayer said:

I don't even know what those queue numbers mean. I often see 6 CV and enter the game with none so what does it mean even?

Means there are in queue. Just the MM didn't take them into your battle (for whatever reason :fish_aqua:)

[FAILS]
Players
613 posts
21,061 battles

I would love to get four DD games more often, I think it makes for more dynamic (or chaotic) gameplay, if you will. Many BBs will camp anyway, so having some DDs instead of only cruisers to go up against the flood of BBs is desirable. Also, I always find it a bit amusing, but also hypocritical when some people complain about four DDs when there are FIVE BBs nearly every game...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,414 posts
21,872 battles
21 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Blame WG for their inability to come up with a good, fair and working MM.

Unless it's not inability but planned... for whatever reason people might come up with..

• Cool 2

[BS4]
Players
1,390 posts
7,591 battles

3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

18 Noobs click Battle then realise....FLAGS!!!  18 Exit battle....?

ATM I find generally that the amount of DD's increase throughout the day though, highest numbers afternoon and eve. Low numbers in the morning. Just an observation.

Alternatively its just poor/inconsistent class selection my match maker?:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
993 posts
13,280 battles

In addition, many DDs now play like scared puppies. Radar cruiser in game? Hide between the big ships. Planes approaching? Run for spawn. Pityfull :cap_win:

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,592 battles
Just now, Camperdown said:

In addition, many DDs now play like scared puppies. Radar cruiser in game? Hide between the big ships. Planes approaching? Run for spawn. Pityfull :cap_win:

Not pityfull but logical.

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
4 hours ago, Camperdown said:

Depends on situation, cv rework changed overall DDs playstyle. In the past I saw a lot of them rush into caps with speed boost, now they go towards the cap but carefully. Also The French and Swedish DDs have no smoke so they have to play around them (especially the French).

I'm not here to say if DDs are playing good or not. I just say that no DD games are boring AF and nobody wants to go forward at all.

• Cool 3

Players
1,990 posts
19,725 battles

It is weird that you can have a battle with 4 DDs per side and then the very next battle just 1 or none per side, it would be so much more convenient if they were more evenly distributed per battle.

Especially given how much more cautious people are in games without DDs to spot. 

• Cool 1

Players
41 posts
2,968 battles

I prefer games without dds. The ones on your team either hide at the back or just straight up die, and the ones on the enemy team are absolute wasps who know how to play a dd right.

A mix of both is good imo.. The same way some players hate playing with cvs.. It is nice to have games with and without them.

Beta Tester
1,827 posts
18,457 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, MacArthur92 sagte:

I often get such no DD game in Bagration... 

Your account is broken, call customer support.

• Funny 1

[LUZ1]
Players
993 posts
13,280 battles
9 hours ago, huymog said:

Not pityfull but logical.

I think it is a LtP issue. It is entirely possible to play DD moderately aggressively in the current meta. Most new players are not good enough yet (or never will be) and play excessively passively as a result. :fish_nerv:

I am DD main in part not to be dependent on noob DDs. I am now playing cruisers more, and it is sometimes frustrating to take risks to support a DD and said DD is doing absolutely nothing and I find myself exposed to no gain.

[-LA-]
Players
695 posts
5,281 battles
On 6/27/2020 at 10:35 PM, MacArthur92 said:

i really like getting a no DD game think its a lot more fast paced and fun , dont have to play hunt down the fun police at the start

[MORIA]
Players
7,795 posts
39,307 battles
41 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

i really like getting a no DD game think its a lot more fast paced and fun , dont have to play hunt down the fun police at the start

What is fun bro? As a squishy cruiser having zero spotting that's not fun. And you as BB if you won't move up - then the battle is so boring especially if you got sniper style BBs like Champagne, Musashi or Amagi. They won't push.

• Cool 1