You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WinggundamStriker

Ranking is too difficult.

60 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
3,011 battles

Guys.. I have been playing the Sprint Ranking for Almost a week now, I hate to say.. it's too difficult to play the game.. always getting lose, after going to rank up and going lose.. you lose your rank down.. i cant believe this game somehow its annoying. i played well but I get to these team members who played sucked. (sorry i said that) is there anyway that your not going to lose your ranking while loosing.. it's really annoying i hope you understand WG.

Thanks

WinggundamStriker

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,115 battles

Ranked has something to with skill and endurance. When you lack both, you will not get far. Ranked Sprint is considered to be the easy version as it does not take that long to rank out.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,110 posts
31,483 battles

Ranked can be a "beach".

Take one day break from it, play random or better another game.

When you return a day later, the curse should be broken.

[M_T_R]
Players
323 posts
23,906 battles

There are already some forum threads related to this topic ... do you really need to open another one? Is it that hard to use the search function?
I guess not.

All thats important about ranked battles/how to improve your experience is explained there.

You have only to take some time and read that stuff/act accordingly.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester, Players
711 posts

3 days ... for rank one in sprint ... and i have never bin rank 1 in normal Ranked battles 

[LSCA]
Players
1,498 posts
12,266 battles
4 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

Take one day break from it

a little bad advice, because if you get stuck there for too long, you will see more beginners every day

[SM0KE]
Players
6,391 posts
14,914 battles
8 minutes ago, WinggundamStriker said:

it's too difficult to play the game..

Ranked Sprint is supposed to be frustrating (although not to the degree that full Ranked is), but not impossible. FWIW, I'm a mediocre player at best, and ranked out in 20 battles this time (although it usually takes me longer).

Some tips that may, or may not, be of use:

• Pick the ship(s) that you do best in (in randoms); every time there's one of these events, you'll see lots of discussion about the optimal ships to pick in the context of the meta - if you have, and are good in, one such ship, great, but don't worry overly. Picking something you know well, and normally can perform well with usually trumps all other considerations.
  • Have realistic expectations: if you'll forgive me, you currently have three (?) T8 ships, and two of those have a respectable battle count ('respectable' meaning enough to have got the hang of their characteristics/foibles etc.), both of which are BBs. This is not about stat shaming, but rather suggesting that with this experience set, you aren't likely to waltz to rank one; I might suggest using this season as an opportunity to benchmark where you are, and what you need to focus on for next time. Get to as a high a rank as you can whilst it remains fun to play.
  • Play in a division, if possible, and ideally one where you can use voice comms - being in a coordinated division usually improves your chances of a win. If you're struggling a bit, you want to take every advantage you can get.
  • Try and play the same ship for several games in a row (all but two of my battles were in the same ship FWIW); in general, not hopping between ships is a good way to maximise your chances of doing well, as repeated play increases your fluency with that ship.
  • You'll be aware of the whole 'saving a star' thing (where the best loser doesn't lose a star)? I'd suggest not actively playing to save a star; this can result in passive farming, which can often increase the chances of a loss; just play the best that you can, and - hopefully - the results will come.
  • Only play as long as your frustration levels remain tolerably low; when you're starting to tear your hair out, you're more likely to mis-play, further increasing the likelihood of a loss.
  • Focus on your own play; only worry about what your team-mates are doing insofar as it impacts the most optimal things for you to be doing - the "it's all my team-mates' fault" mind-set isn't terribly helpful as it encourages fatalism, rather than trying to do something about improving yourself.

That's for this season. In the period between now and the next competitive event, I would suggest diversifying the ship types you play at all tiers you're active at - this will give you a better understanding of what everything can/can't do, and what they're trying to do to you specifically. This should increase your chances of success next time.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,815 posts
20,049 battles
On 6/27/2020 at 9:59 PM, WinggundamStriker said:

Guys.. I have been playing the Sprint Ranking for Almost a week now, I hate to say..

1. it's too difficult to play the game..

2. always getting lose, after going to rank up and going lose.. you lose your rank down..

3. i cant believe this game somehow its annoying.

4. i played well

5. but I get to these team members who played sucked. (sorry i said that)

5. is there anyway that your not going to lose your ranking while loosing.. it's really annoying i hope you understand WG.

Thanks

WinggundamStriker

1.no, it's not

2. as it should be

3. yes, it is

4. well, we could argue about that statement

5. i am pretty sure they say the same about you

6. playing REALLY good

Tipps for playing ranked MORE succesful:

1. Do NOT camp in the back when playing BBs

2. Support your DDs, shoot other DDs FIRST, then cruisers

3. Do NOT camp in the back when playing BBs!!

4. be aware of flanking maneuvers by the enem yteam, ESPECIALLY by DDs

On 6/27/2020 at 10:08 PM, ColonelPete said:

Ranked has something to with skill and endurance. When you lack both, you will not get far. Ranked Sprint is considered to be the easy version as it does not take that long to rank out.

Lol, no. It's all about pressing the Battle button often enough.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, VIadoCro said:

Ranked can be a "beach".

Take one day break from it, play random or better another game.

When you return a day later, the curse should be broken.

An algea covered beach, right next to a sewage recycling plant, after a oil-slick poisoned it. Where the locals deposed their trash. With lots of poisoned animals rotting in the hot summer sun. And the water is not only poisonous, but also infested with Sharks that shoot lazors out of their a**es and eyes.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
204 posts

12 games, 3 wins, 9 losses. if I have a good RNG ranked lottery ticket, i have a win rate 60%+, if a bad lottery ticket I can try anyway, it's a losses wr 40%-

shot-20.06.24_22.52.47-0317.jpg

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,115 battles
15 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Lol, no. It's all about pressing the Battle button often enough.

That is why I wrote endurance...

And when you are skilled, you just rush through.

[CAIN]
Players
4,815 posts
20,049 battles
On 6/27/2020 at 10:53 PM, ColonelPete said:

That is why I wrote endurance...

And when you are skilled, you just rush through.

Ah.

Well, skill helps you saving the star while still playing for the win.

Players
1,057 posts
15,102 battles

@WinggundamStriker if you're looking for specific feedback and suggestions how to improve your gameplay you're quite welcome to post replays here. While it's always worth mentally reviewing each battle to dwell on your own mistakes and thinking how you would do things differently, you might find it beneficial to have a third-party opinion that could give you new insights and change your approach to a battle.

I would only say that your T8's (Kagero, Tirpitz, North Carolina) have completely different playstyles, you need to be confident with at least one of them to carry you through considering the different matchmakings you can have. You can't rely on luck with MM.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,730 posts
10,363 battles

@WinggundamStriker

You're playing mostly kagero which is arguably the worst pick for this meta. Because everyone has hydro, there are cvs which negate your stealth and your HP + gunpower is meh. 

Besides, without trying to be condescending, you're not a player of the calibre who carries his team to victory each game. 

So to improve your winrate:

1. Div up with good players. 

2. Take better ships for this meta. 

(dd: lightning, cossack, lo yang, z23, kidd) 

• Cool 3

Players
3,144 posts
17,768 battles

Nah it's not. R1 without even losing a star this season, which is a first.

image.thumb.png.8f468b5e45a06901aa457b99917edb9c.png

OP needs some more experience.

Pick his favorite ship/class and stick with that.

DDs are best for carrying, but hardest to pull off. Positioning is super hard in CV games.

BBs are the hardest for winning, but likely the best for saving stars.

Cruisers and I just dont get along I'm too impatient. Cant help you with advice for those.

1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

(dd: lightning, cossack, lo yang, z23, kidd

What makes you suggest Z23? That thing belongs in a museum:cap_wander:

Kidd Isn't much better - lacks torpedo power.

• Cool 2

[CKBK]
Players
401 posts
19,422 battles

Before playing ranked, try to learn as many skills as you can, there are a lot of tutorials explaining about stuff like positioning, angling, where to aim and which ammo type to use, there is a learning curve, if you can't rank out in over 100 games in ranked sprint you are not at that level probably, so you will have to go through a learning curve before being ready for ranked, i would suggest sticking to lower tiers till you get used to the game mechanics.

you can keep track of your performances in that site:https://wows-numbers.com/

[SM0KE]
Players
6,391 posts
14,914 battles
22 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Kidd Isn't much better - lacks torpedo power.

Kidd - IMO - still works if your team knows to shoot at stuff that you spot; plus, you have the heal, and decent AA, which helps given the presence of CVs. She's still one of the better 'teamplay' DDs at T8.

All of which said, I used her for only one game this time - there are better choices for Sprint given how flaky random teams can be...

[-TCP-]
Players
232 posts
6,748 battles

I'm a potato.

Rank 2. Was 1 star from rank 1 but getting the "umm" teams now. 24 or 25 battles from rank 10 to rank 2, can't quite remember.

I'm a potato.

[IBAN]
Players
163 posts
4,412 battles

This seasons rank has stank for me (20% WR). Not the format's fault, I've just been really  unlucky with teams and not really having a suitable T8 ship (which is really important).

I went to rank 6 super quick .. and then failed back to rank 8 multiple times.

Like another guy said .. take a break and then  hope the MM falls in your favour.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,498 posts
12,266 battles
8 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Haven't lost a game yet and I'm still at rank 10.

Haven't played a game also haha :)

actually you are not, you need play game for get rank 10

• Funny 1

[-TCP-]
Players
232 posts
6,748 battles

I've done it. Rank = 1.

Potato peelings for everyone! 

Massa WR 69%, games played 34, W= 22 L =12. One game each in Lenin and Vanguard, both losses. Overall WR 65%. Kills per game = 1. Accuracy of mains = 30% (Vanguard 45%)

Secondary kills = 11 (7 direct, 4 by fire) I only used AP for the mains throughout the sprint.

I have to say I am a happy bunny :-) 

• Cool 1

[-TCP-]
Players
232 posts
6,748 battles
9 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

Just pick camping battleship with big guns and win, ez.

Not me, I don't hug rocks in any mode unless trapped by being pushed. I played in a very mobile way, looking for broadsides and getting in close to brawl as the opportunity presented itself. I played very aggressively and it worked, especially when team mates pushed with me (mainly DD and CC/CL). A few BB's looked to set up cross fires too. Other than at rank 2, most teams looked to exploit openings. At rank 2 I did get a few teams who almost seemed to not want to play. Most of the enemy campers I saw got flanked quite early and beaten down.

Still grinning :-)