Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
quickr

Moderation of this forum (i give this topic 5 minutes at most)

13 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,447 posts
10,468 battles

the warning is indeed funny and bit over the line

however it seems that you are here long enough to know that these things are not dealt with in this manner, pm to WG is the only way

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,663 posts
9,721 battles
9 minutes ago, quickr said:

When did we turn in such a [edited]snowflakes?

Have you looked outside lately? I think that pretty much sums it up, atleast for me....

• Cool 12

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts

If you have issues with this forum, for whatever reasons: Can't be too difficult to create a forum not run by WG where you can discuss the game. There is plenty of forum software and webspace available.

• Cool 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

I should post same gif for me this time. But do I get another warning if I abuse myself? :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 2

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
1 minute ago, II_UMIKAZE said:

If you have issues with this forum, for whatever reasons: Can't be too difficult to create a forum not run by WG where you can discuss the game. There is plenty of forum software and webspace available.

Quality advice, thank you!

• Cool 2

Players
7,074 posts
11,507 battles
14 minutes ago, quickr said:

I said what I wanted to say, ban away. :Smile_honoring:

We shall not forget you and remember you sacrifice :Smile_honoring: *fires a salute salvo*

• Cool 2

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

We shall not forget you and remember you sacrifice :Smile_honoring: *fires a salute salvo*

gwP8awL.gif

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,813 posts
20,049 battles

Happened to me too a while back, while the other forumite i had an argument with got away scot free, i got a warning point and my entire post got deleted because it contained an indirect insult.

His post was directly insulting me and yet it stayed. Two days after i reported his post, it got edited by removing my name, yet the post and the context stayed.

Was it because the guy i had an argument with, is in the same clan as one of the forum mods?

I'll guess we'll never know. /sarcasm

Do you honestly believe, that the Mods on this forum are un-biased and righteous?

Did you see what happened on reddit with flamu, all because a Mod acted on his personal "feelings", which coincidentally are backed-up by WG?

You honestly believe the Mods here are any different?

Maybe @MrConway and @Crysantos can explain these things?

There's a reason i take screenshots of EVERY post i make, and sometimes of other people posts as well.

In case you are getting silenced on one platform like the forums, it's easier this way to prove your point on other platforms (Twitter, Twitch, Reddit, FB,...), and you might consider doing it as well, considering how trigger/ban happy the forum/ redit police has become.

• Cool 5

Players
521 posts
7,943 battles

Meh this forum is still better than the one War Thunder has. Im already permabanned there

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
18 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Happened to me too a while back,

If only you see my other warnings. One is for being sexist cos I asked a guy, that was clearly overreacting, if he is in PMS. Other was for insulting a ship. I kid you not!

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

If you want to make an appeal please PM @Tanatoy

I literally have no choice but to lock this.

Edit: I just want to point out, in case it wasn't already known, that whenever someone complains about moderation and about how they are innocent, mods cannot reply with evidence proving the contrary so take anything you read with a grain of salt.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,232 posts
6,911 battles

I want to clarify this and since you published the content of the warning yourself and told others what this was about, I can share these details now:

It was not about posting the gif itself, the full text of the gif is "Stop breaking the law. [edited]".

And in this context this can be seen as an insult and is a rule violation.

You could have just send a PM to me if you think the warning was unjustified or send a PM to Tanatoy as explained by Teob.

If you ask me why you got a warning I will always explain why, at least as long as you don't insult me with that PM (I think I don't have to explain why that won't help defending your case^^).

It's also possible that you post something multiple times and won't get warned the first time. We don't have a list of words or images we consider to be rule violations. We look at the context of a post and some more things. So it is possible that you post the same thing twice but the first time it's just off topic/a little bit of trolling and the second time it's treated as insult.

I explained this in public because I think this is the best way to clarify this issue. For the future, please avoid breaking another rule by discussing moderation in a public thread and just send a PM to the moderator  who issued the warning or to Tanatoy if you think discussing it with the moderator won't work.

Edit: The forum automatically edits the word in question. But I think it's not hard to imagine the correct word :)

Edited by floribe2000
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2