You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

Supercontainer aren't super anymore. Time to rethink the concept or rewards?!

49 comments in this topic

Players
1,807 posts
11,973 battles

Back in 2016 when SC were introduced, i've started the brag about your SC thread:

If you check the first dozens of pages you notice that people were really excited about the SCs. This has changed drastically if you look at the later posts and the reason for this are the rewards, they are dull and boring and far from being super or special in any way.

When i got a SC it used to be like 'Wohoo, SC! YES! What do i get, what doi i get?' and nowaydays when a SC pops up it's more like 'oh sc, great another bunch of camos i don't need at this point' or when i'm really 'lucky' it's like 'aah, no camos, it's 1k doubloons which is what, 3 bucks worth? how great, kappa'.

So how about to rethink the rewards and make Supercontainer really super or at least diverse. Here are a bunch of ideas that could be a reward from a SC:

• if camos then really only good camos. stop with the 100% XP Halloween and alike. 50 camos with 100% triple stats bonus (xp, fxp, elite xp) only
  • premium time. 7 days or 14 days, really? it should be 3 months, 6 months or 12 months
  • if doubloons then a decent amount, like 2500 or 5000 or 7500 so there is an incentive to buy a bunch on top of that and use a coupon to spend them on a ship
  • permanent camos for tier 8 to tier 10. one that can be applied to a ship rather than a ship specific camo, so the user can chose for which ship of that tier it is.
  • premium ships. should only be tier 7 to tier 9/10
  • coupon bundles. a set of coupons with 50% discount for 1x special module, 1x camos and 1x signals. SC can give 15k coal which is pretty much equal to these 3 coupons, but 3 rewards just feels like it's more.
  • coupon, maybe 20%, for the expensive special commander, e.g. Lütjens, Kuznetsov
  • special commander of the cheap ones, e.g. John Doe, Honore, Dunkirk. They are usually 1500 doubloons which is far below the proposed doubloon increase mentioned above
  • 5000 or 7500 research bureau points
  • XP boost. for 48h increase the daily win bonus by 100% XP. could be an incentive for people to play more and different ships to make use of the XP bonus to farm free xp or something like this
  • if signals then only 100 of them and only useful ones. no more ramming flags or anti-detonation or zulus and so on. only useful combat signals like more heal, fire duration, speed flag, AA signals, stuff like this
  • special signals. 50 or 75 of them, get rid of the 25
  • commander booster. boost one commander of choice instantly to 19 points for free

Those were just a few idea, there are for sure many more ideas and suggestions. Yes, some rewards sound like they are powerful or valuable but then again, we talk about extremely rare Supercontainer, so make them super and exciting to get.

• Cool 20

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles

I like the idea of the discount coupons for commanders. Or there could be special discount coupons that are better than what's available in the Armory. Universal permacamos ? HELL YEAH !!!

RB points would be nice as well ..... most of the other stuff would just make the economy inflation worse ...

95% of my SCs are basic signals ... I think I got 25 Dragon signals from my last ... was nice but 25 games is not a lot ...

• Cool 1

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles

The super container concept was "hell yea! i got a ship!" when it was introduced first. It would take a month or two but one would get a ship out of those containers. That's how i got my Mutsu three years ago. Since then, didn't get any ship, any steel but it is not only me. They reduced the possibility of getting ships out of supercontainers to almost non-existent so people can spend money if they want a ship. Insteadthey added more possibility with camos, signals, occasional prem days (but like you mentioned what is 7-14 days? anyway). In the end, they destroyed the great player base friendly idea they created. The more WG became money focused the  less enjoyable game has gotten. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,128 battles
2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The super container concept was "hell yea! i got a ship!" when it was introduced first. It would take a month or two but one would get a ship out of those containers. That's how i got my Mutsu three years ago. Since then, didn't get any ship, any steel but it is not only me. They reduced the possibility of getting ships out of supercontainers to almost non-existent so people can spend money if they want a ship. Insteadthey added more possibility with camos, signals, occasional prem days (but like you mentioned what is 7-14 days? anyway). In the end, they destroyed the great player base friendly idea they created. The more WG became money focused the  less enjoyable game has gotten. 

That was not changed. You were just lucky.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,128 battles

Ship drop chance was always abysmal low around 2%. Considering that SC have a chance between 2 and 5% (depending on option), you get a ship at best every 1000th container. That is around 2 1/2 years of playing for three containers EVERY day.

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles

Not sure where you got those numbers from (and no, the spreadsheet which was on the forum including handful players' stats doesn't count) but they don't make sense to me unless u have access to WG spreadsheets. Back then, many people i know used to get one or more ships out of containers over time. My observation is the ship drop chance has been reduced drastically.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,764 posts
9,748 battles
8 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

It would take a month or two but one would get a ship out of those containers.

I think you just got lucky. I used to get a lot of SCs back then, and i never got a ship until last year (then i got 2 close to each other however)

I dont think SCs got worse over time - we just got more spoiled and actually need that stuff less. I feel the same way, but i wouldnt dare rant about it, only because its not good for me. It might be good stuff for a lot of players, we dont know that.

I got doubloons quite often lately, and i know someone else who also got more doubloons than usually (he even got 5k in one). Its actually nice for me, since i dont spend money and i have enough use for doubloons.

If i could choose, i only would take Coal/Steel, Doubloons and ships from SCs, but that doesnt really sound realistic, unless they lower the dropchance A LOT.

Some changes to drops could be a nice idea however. Alltho im against getting coupons. Then i rather have everyone get coupons like right now.

RP sounds good.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,128 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Not sure where you got those numbers from (and no, the spreadsheet which was on the forum including handful players' stats doesn't count) but they don't make sense to me unless u have access to WG spreadsheets. Back then, many people i know used to get one or more ships out of containers over time. My observation is the ship drop chance has been reduced drastically.

See, I did not get any back then. And I get a LOT of SC, since I choose only TYL container.

I got my first ship out of SC when WG gave SC for each Tier X ship last year.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,216 battles

I never noticed any difference in ship drop rates, got 2 ships in 3-4 years since they were introduced, the only thing that changed over time is the amount of filler you can find inside them. 

I never even got anything useful for my anniversary 20+ supercontainers. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,764 posts
9,748 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

See, I did not get any back then. And I get a LOT of SC, since I choose only TYL container.

I got my first ship out of SC when WG gave SC for each Tier X ship last year.

Interesting, same thing happened to me. I got Gallant from those. Then soon after Enterprise from a TYL SC.

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think you just got lucky. I used to get a lot of SCs back then, and i never got a ship until last year (then i got 2 close to each other however)

I dont think SCs got worse over time - we just got more spoiled and actually need that stuff less. I feel the same way, but i wouldnt dare rant about it, only because its not good for me. It might be good stuff for a lot of players, we dont know that.

I got doubloons quite often lately, and i know someone else who also got more doubloons than usually (he even got 5k in one). Its actually nice for me, since i dont spend money and i have enough use for doubloons.

If i could choose, i only would take Coal/Steel, Doubloons and ships from SCs, but that doesnt really sound realistic, unless they lower the dropchance A LOT.

Some changes to drops could be a nice idea however. Alltho im against getting coupons. Then i rather have everyone get coupons like right now.

RP sounds good.

I don't understand how i am lucky to get a ship out of a super container three years ago. When you compare you getting s.containers and possible ship chances out of them you need to consider the amount of battles played, too. With having five times less battles played you got two ships and that is fine, i wish you get more. But statistically, i had five times the opportunity to be luckier which i wasn't and hence it makes me not lucky but unlucky. I wrote before, my observation is not based on my own but on others i know as well.

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,128 battles

That are my containers until Summer 2017:

image.thumb.png.7e5e54dc051640d5ae4831cd634ddb88.png

2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I don't understand how i am lucky to get a ship out of a super container three years ago. When you compare you getting s.containers and possible ship chances out of them you need to consider the amount of battles played, too. With having five times less battles played you got two ships and that is fine, i wish you get more. But statistically, i had five times the opportunity to be luckier which i wasn't and hence it makes me not lucky but unlucky. I wrote before, my observation is not based on my own but on others i know as well.

9 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

You say here that the experience of other players does not count. Why do you argue with the experience of other players then?

Either they count or not. And when they count, I can assure you the chance for a ship is VERY low, as I explained.

• Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,764 posts
9,748 battles

Getting ships is always about being lucky. You said, you knew a lot of players who got ships back then - i didnt. And i also know some, who didnt get a ship back then either. But i got 2 ships last year, so maybe they didnt change it? I dont want to claim one is right, but it doesnt look like it changed to me. I was just unlucky before, and then i got lucky twice.

Also, even tho you have many more games, you wont get that many more containers, since they are limited to 3 per day. I played 2 games yesterday, and got 2 containers. Even if you played 10 games, you would have gotten only 1 more than me.

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Also, even tho you have many more games, you wont get that many more containers, since they are limited to 3 per day. I played 2 games yesterday, and got 2 containers. Even if you played 10 games, you would have gotten only 1 more than me.

We'd have equal chances if we both started playing daily since s.containers came out. I played daily and got all 3 containers each day since then for instance.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
20 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

The numbers were leaked on some websites.

https://sea-group.org/?p=1332&lang=en

There was another one with a pie chart but I can't find that one anymore. I'll keep looking.

The drop chances have been changed since then. For example: We do not get credits anymore in a SC.

• Cool 1

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You say here that the experience of other players does not count. Why do you argue with the experience of other players then?

Either they count or not. And when they count, I can assure you the chance for a ship is VERY low, as I explained.

Nice personal log.

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,826 posts
20,091 battles
1 hour ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Back in 2016 when SC were introduced, i've started the brag about your SC thread:

If you check the first dozens of pages you notice that people were really excited about the SCs. This has changed drastically if you look at the later posts and the reason for this are the rewards, they are dull and boring and far from being super or special in any way.

When i got a SC it used to be like 'Wohoo, SC! YES! What do i get, what doi i get?' and nowaydays when a SC pops up it's more like 'oh sc, great another bunch of camos i don't need at this point' or when i'm really 'lucky' it's like 'aah, no camos, it's 1k doubloons which is what, 3 bucks worth? how great, kappa'.

So how about to rethink the rewards and make Supercontainer really super or at least diverse. Here are a bunch of ideas that could be a reward from a SC:

• if camos then really only good camos. stop with the 100% XP Halloween and alike. 50 camos with 100% triple stats bonus (xp, fxp, elite xp) only
  • premium time. 7 days or 14 days, really? it should be 3 months, 6 months or 12 months
  • if doubloons then a decent amount, like 2500 or 5000 or 7500 so there is an incentive to buy a bunch on top of that and use a coupon to spend them on a ship
  • permanent camos for tier 8 to tier 10. one that can be applied to a ship rather than a ship specific camo, so the user can chose for which ship of that tier it is.
  • premium ships. should only be tier 7 to tier 9/10
  • coupon bundles. a set of coupons with 50% discount for 1x special module, 1x camos and 1x signals. SC can give 15k coal which is pretty much equal to these 3 coupons, but 3 rewards just feels like it's more.
  • coupon, maybe 20%, for the expensive special commander, e.g. Lütjens, Kuznetsov
  • special commander of the cheap ones, e.g. John Doe, Honore, Dunkirk. They are usually 1500 doubloons which is far below the proposed doubloon increase mentioned above
  • 5000 or 7500 research bureau points
  • XP boost. for 48h increase the daily win bonus by 100% XP. could be an incentive for people to play more and different ships to make use of the XP bonus to farm free xp or something like this
  • if signals then only 100 of them and only useful ones. no more ramming flags or anti-detonation or zulus and so on. only useful combat signals like more heal, fire duration, speed flag, AA signals, stuff like this
  • special signals. 50 or 75 of them, get rid of the 25
  • commander booster. boost one commander of choice instantly to 19 points for free

Those were just a few idea, there are for sure many more ideas and suggestions. Yes, some rewards sound like they are powerful or valuable but then again, we talk about extremely rare Supercontainer, so make them super and exciting to get.

I like your suggestion but it will NEVER happen. 

Pleb rewards for plebs. 

But, there is a way! All you have to do is join a certain someones butt-kissing squad and you’ll be showered with goodies.* 

*as recent drama has un-earthed certain facts about butt-kissing squads...

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,764 posts
9,748 battles
7 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

We'd have equal chances if we both started playing daily since s.containers came out. I played daily and got all 3 containers each day since then for instance.

And how often do you take TYL? I used to take it almost always before they introduced resource containers. Now i take TYL as first always, the others (if i get them ofc) i take Resource.

Beta Tester
5,429 posts
21,893 battles

So I get a SC about every 100 containers or so and don't go for "roll for luck" anymore, as it gives only crap for the other 99+ containers I get.

I got two or three ships from containers. Never any dubloons or premium time - IIRC - and the things I get most often are 50 or - in earlier days - 250 not too usefull flags or some camos...

Super doesn't feel as super as it used to be...

• Cool 1

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

And how often do you take TYL? I used to take it almost always before they introduced resource containers. Now i take TYL as first always, the others (if i get them ofc) i take Resource.

I didn't take those daily. There were months i only took those boxes, and months only took TYL boxes. But this only increases or decreases of getting a s.ontainer (yes also indirectly getting a ship probability). What matters is, how many ships received from how many s.containers. 

Players
2,389 posts
32,145 battles
23 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I wrote a handful of people's experience doesn't count unless you have WG spreadsheet. Do you have it? If not, shush. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,913 posts
15,128 battles

I wrote a handful of people's experience doesn't count unless you have WG spreadsheet. Do you have it? If not, shush. 

But you argue that your observation is shared by others...

So subjective observation counts, but objective stats from people and thousands of containers does not?

Players
3,387 posts
20,509 battles

I got about 2 or 3 ships from SC over the years, and I always pick resources as crate type. I usually played enough to get 3 crates a day almost every day since the crates appeared. I play less now. The rewards got a bit diluted, I wouldn't call them super, but the rewards are still much better then the regular crates. The excitement for them died out a bit. Coupons would have been a great idea, also for WG as I surely would have spent way more on the game. I never buy at full price but am a sucker for discounts, I'm guessing most people might be too. For me coupons as a reward might be too late as I've stopped all financial support for this company 7 months ago. But still, a good idea.

• Cool 1