You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Kilinowski

FYI: Shipstorm tournament no longer supported by WG

14 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
1,573 posts
18,560 battles

So we just got the following announcement on the Shipstorm-Discord:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.b2901056329843050a84e78eb9554e37.png

It's very unfortunate that there will never again be a Shipstorm tournament.

I want to take the opportunity to express my regret. I fielded a team once and had hoped to participate again.

I think Wargaming has made a bad decision here. The Shipstorm event always had a good mix of a tournament and still a certain lightness to it. It was unique . I strongly disagree that Clan Brawls have taken on this role. Clan Brawls are no tournaments. And Clan Brawl teams are from the same clan, whereas Shipstorm saw many teams of players across clans. It promoted a sentiment of community that went beyond the loyalty to your clan. For many players it was a bit of KotS-light, a dress rehearsal. One would participate in Shipstorm to see how the chemistry in a small team works and if there is enough teamplay to go for bigger events.

Many hours of volunteer work went into organizing Shipstorm. The organizers must feel like someone has utter disrespect for that effort and the free publicity it brought to WoWs.

So once again, I want to stress how much wiser I would have deemed it, had Wargaming made up their minds.

• Cool 22

Players
13 posts
7,042 battles

Another brillant move from wargaming to annoy their playerbase. They're really good at it ^^

I can't understand why did they this... You're hurting us wg...

• Cool 8

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

with WG's new include every class of ship mentality, i'll guess it's because CV's weren't in ship storm...

• Cool 6

[ORCA]
Players
873 posts
14,393 battles

Clan Brawl is no tournament. You just play against noobs for the first 10-15 games to get useless rewards. Shipstorm was fun, average level was way better and rewards meant something to players.

Really bad move from WG

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,766 posts
5 hours ago, Salentine said:

with WG's new include every class of ship mentality, i'll guess it's because CV's weren't in ship storm...

Exactly

Players
2,299 posts
20,563 battles

It is a pity as Ship storm was a lot of fun, however it's not in the least surprising that WG have pulled their support. 

Players
650 posts
17,160 battles

Well weegee is confiscating everything possible to have control over !!! Just like they did with subreddit !!!! CC program changes .....

This is how communists do in their country

• Bad 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,084 posts
10,289 battles
2 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

It was a tournament that teams could register to participate in that used to be show on steam Via various CCs and was a lot of fun 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/ship-again/

How the fuq did I miss this? I follow the news and everything.

Players
2,299 posts
20,563 battles
6 minutes ago, domen3 said:

How the fuq did I miss this? I follow the news and everything.

You may have seen some examples in previous years the commentators used to have to commit suicide at the start of a battle so then they could have over views of the map. 

It was great fun to play and although I only participated a couple of times I hope the community keep it going even if WG has pulled their support.

Players
27 posts
9,664 battles

Very well Wargaming, Stealing teh format naming it Clanbrawls...

And then killing the original thing. Great move WG. SAddens me to say that another great organized torunament gets cancelled becasue Wg dont wants to support organized tournaments excpet KotS. Particpated once loved it. Just simply funny.

R.I.P was great to be part of it. :(

• Cool 1