You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Quexcy_de_Eerste

Pan-American Ships

8 comments in this topic

Players
52 posts
655 battles

Hello everybody!

In my eyes, I think we need more Pan-American ships to build a tech tree I have some suggestions:

1. Cruiser Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)   Wikipedia

Armament guns: 10 x 120 mm guns AA: 6 × 3 pdr 1,85 "/ 47 mm guns Torpedoes: 2 × 18 "/ 457 mm torpedo tubes  

Max speed: 27 kts

Length (oa) × Width: 122,38 m × 11,91 m Class: Bahia-klasse Launched: 1909
WoWS-stats tier: 5

Hull (A), hull from 1909

Hull (B), hull after modernizing somewhere in the mid-1920s

2. Cruiser Chacabuco (Chile)

Armament

Guns: 2 x 203 mm guns

10 × 120 mm guns

12 x 76 mm guns

AA / Secundair: 6 × 3-pounder guns Torpedoes: 3 × 457 mm torpedotubes  
General facts

Max speed: 23

kts

Length (oa) × Width: 109,7 m × 14,2 m Class: ?? Launched: 1898
WoWS-stats Niveau: 4

Hull (A) from 1898

Hull (B) from modernizing 1941

3. There will come more, I'll post them later this week.

Ik will make a little list:

Tier 1: Almirante Lezo (Colombia)

Tier 2: Ferrier (Hiati)

Tier 3: Bahia (Brazil)

Tier 4: Chacabuco (Chile)

Tier 5: Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

Tier 6: La Argentina (Argentina)

Tier 7: Veinticinco De Mayo (Argentina)

Tier 8: Diez Y Siete De Octubre (Argentina)

Tier 9: Barroso (Brazil)

Tier 10: Maybe an unfinished project, I can't find a finshed tier-10-worthy project.

I hoop that some suggestions will come in the game.

Edited by Quexcy_de_Eerste
Translated
  • Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Hello!

Sorry but this is the English section of the forum so all posts have to be in English.

Locked.

[TTT]
Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Unlocked as per OP's request in order for them to change it to English.

Players
2,420 posts
25,026 battles
3 hours ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

Hallo iedereen!

In mijn ogen denk ik dat we meer Pan-Amerikaanse schepen nodig hebben om een hele technische boom te bouwen, ik kreeg enkele suggesties:

1. Cruiser Rio Grande do Sul (Brazilië)  Wikipedia

2. Kruiser Chacabuco (Chili)

3. Er komen er meer, maar ik zal ze later deze week plaatsen

I will make a little list:

Tier 8:  Diez Y Siete De Octubre (Argentina)

Tier 9: Barroso (Brazil)

Tier 10: Maybe an unfinished project, I can't find a finished project worthy of tier 10.

Ik hoop dat daar de suggesties in het spel komen + wat voor extra Pan-Amerikaanse schepen.

Interesting tree and probably last of bigger ships tree to be constructed and added to the game. Personally speaking I want to see TIX as proof thet TVII-IX ships is possible to tier only by their parametres in game. 

Bahia and Rio Grande do Sul as same class ships on different tiers I doubt especially when conspirancy theories about sinking of Bahia are so strong - still TII-IV ships are considered like mixing of bigest of disasters by WG so it's anything possible. 

Considering fact that WG still enabled 2 papers into European destroyers I bet in about 4 papers in Latin America Cruisers.

Beta Tester
5,446 posts
2,939 battles
7 hours ago, Quexcy_de_Eerste said:

I will make a little list:

Tier 8:  Diez Y Siete De Octubre (Argentina)

Tier 9: Barroso (Brazil)

Tier 10: Maybe an unfinished project, I can't find a finished project worthy of tier 10.

I've dipped my toes in a pan south-american cruiser tree a while ago and it was kinda messy, so I combined it with the even more lackluster pan-asian cruiser branch and it was... not any less messy.

Amongst other things, there's the fact that I didn't want to utilize the sold Brooklyn-classes which severly limits high tier, and would have preferred not to mix CA and CL if possible unless it can be done with a single clean cut with Cls in the low tier and CAs in the high tiers. I've also put aside protected cruisers and anything really with the old mixed main weaponery so that event eliminates Chacabuco. Person preference there, gameplay of those things would be weird and they break any hope of a branch continuity in my sense.

I've put Bahia at tier 2 instead of 3 because it's slow, and has a weak armament, and is unarmored, and is also small. La Argentina, I actually wondered if it could make a tier 7 - now probably not, its tier 6 is what should be expected of it in the game, but it was a good design so it's not that far of a stretch with enough soft stats manipulation. Although I LoOove Veinticinco de Mayo, I wasn't able to find any CA for higher tier, even obscure projects, and I didn't want a single CA lost in a CL branch so I've moved it to premiums. Also unlike La Argentina I wonder if it's not gonna struggle on T7. I mean I think it's more of a match to Aoba than to Myoko even tho it was a fairly good design aswell.

There are a bunch of paperships to toy with, many others on this forum have introduced me to. And also the ones that Tzoli drew, once such Cl that got in my branch is a Vicker export for Argentina, Design 758A. For high tiers tho I don't have much. The only option are the Vickers-Armstrong cruisers offered to Venezuela, if i'm not mistaken one such was to be based on the Tiger class. Even that doesn't get to TX... 

All in all I'm much more satisfied of my SA DD branch than I'll ever be of my SA cruisers. Bias speaks here again I guess.

Spoiler

TII - Catamarca (Argentina)

TIII - Almirante Lynch (Chile)

TIV - Serrano (Chile)

TV - Mendoza (Argentina)

TVI - Greenhalgh (Brazil)

TVII - Tornycroft-White-Yarrow Destroyer Design 1947 (designed for south-american buyers, with Argentina primarly in mind)

TVIII - Nueva Esparta (Venezuela)

TIX - Almirante Riveros (Chile)

TX - Veinte de Julio (Colombia)

I'm still wondering if the TWY design shouldn't swap place with Nueva Esparta. Maybe it makes more sense in terms of tiering, I dunno.

The overall goal with to give approximately equal representation to the three major navies of South America during the era, but Brazil ends up with a single vessel. I used to have Acre aswell but it's diffcult to place either it of Greenhalgh at tier VII.

Other than that, I really like the cohesive theme that starts at TVI and ramps up all the way to the no-brainer TX Veinte de Julio. Gunnery DDs. THE Gunnery DDs, the ones that pepper you down the fastest. Veinte de Julio being based on the Halland type fires at 40rpm with its three double guns so I think it remains to this day the destroyer that could fire the most shells from its main batteries within a minute (theorically). Almirante Riveros may be a bit overtiered but its 4 102mm guns achieve a similar rate of fire so that's basically the output of an Akizuki in terms of numbr of shells. Granted, there are a bunch of post-war vessels, but they fit with the theme well (hell, from Greenhalgh onwards they all have only a single torpedo launcher, emphasithing their gun DD identity.

I really like that line. But it has some pretty cool DDs in it and turned out better than I expected so that's probably why~

Players
52 posts
655 battles
5 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

Ik heb een tijdje geleden mijn tenen in een Zuid-Amerikaanse kruiserboom gedompeld en het was een beetje rommelig, dus ik combineerde het met de nog meer matte pan-Aziatische kruiser tak en het was ... niet minder rommelig.

Er is onder andere het feit dat ik geen gebruik wilde maken van de verkochte Brooklyn-klassen die het hoge niveau ernstig beperken, en ik had liever geen CA en CL gemengd indien mogelijk, tenzij het kan worden gedaan met een enkele schone snede met Cls in de lage laag en CA's in de hoge laag. Ik heb ook beschermde kruisers opzij gezet en alles wat echt is met de oude gemengde hoofdwapens, zodat Chacabuco door die gebeurtenis wordt uitgeschakeld. Persoonlijke voorkeur daar, gameplay van die dingen zou raar zijn en ze breken elke hoop op een continuïteit in mijn branche.

Ik heb Bahia op niveau 2 gezet in plaats van 3 omdat het traag is, een zwakke bewapening heeft, niet gepantserd is en ook klein is. La Argentina, ik vroeg me eigenlijk af of het een niveau 7 zou kunnen maken - nu waarschijnlijk niet, zijn niveau 6 is wat ervan verwacht zou worden in de game, maar het was een goed ontwerp, dus het is niet zo ver van een stuk met voldoende zachte statistieken manipulatie. Hoewel ik LoOove Veinticinco de Mayo verliet, kon ik geen CA vinden voor hogere niveaus, zelfs obscure projecten, en ik wilde niet dat een enkele CA verloren zou gaan in een CL-filiaal, dus ik heb het verplaatst naar premiums. Ook in tegenstelling tot La Argentina vraag ik me af of het niet gaat worstelen op de T7. Ik bedoel, ik denk dat het meer bij Aoba past dan bij Myoko, ook al was het ook een redelijk goed ontwerp.

Er zijn een hoop papieren om mee te spelen, vele anderen op dit forum hebben me aan je voorgesteld. En ook degene die Tzoli tekende, eens zo'n Cl die in mijn branche kwam, is een Vicker-export voor Argentinië, Design 758A. Voor hoge niveaus heb ik niet veel. De enige optie zijn de Vickers-Armstrong-cruisers die aan Venezuela worden aangeboden, als ik me niet vergis dat zo'n zou zijn gebaseerd op de Tiger-klasse. Zelfs dat haalt TX niet ... 

Al met al ben ik veel tevredener over mijn SA DD-filiaal dan ooit over mijn SA-cruisers. Bias spreekt hier weer, denk ik.

Inhoud verbergen

TII - Catamarca (Argentinië)

TIII - Almirante Lynch (Chili)

TIV - Serrano (Chili)

TV - Mendoza (Argentinië)

TVI - Greenhalgh (Brazilië)

TVII - Tornycroft-White-Yarrow Destroyer Design 1947 (ontworpen voor Zuid-Amerikaanse kopers, met voornamelijk Argentinië in gedachten)

TVIII - Nueva Esparta (Venezuela)

TIX - Almirante Riveros (Chili)

TX - Veinte de Julio (Colombia)

Ik vraag me nog steeds af of het TWY-ontwerp niet mag worden vervangen door Nueva Esparta. Misschien is het logischer in termen van tiering, ik weet het niet.

Het algemene doel was om de drie grote marines van Zuid-Amerika gedurende het tijdperk ongeveer gelijk te vertegenwoordigen, maar Brazilië eindigt met een enkel schip. Ik had vroeger ook Acre, maar het is moeilijk om het ofwel van Greenhalgh op niveau VII te plaatsen.

Anders dan dat, hou ik echt van het samenhangende thema dat begint bij TVI en helemaal oploopt tot de no-brainer TX Veinte de Julio. Gunnery DDs. THE Gunnery DD's, degenen die je het snelst naar beneden halen. Veinte de Julio is gebaseerd op het Halland-type en vuurt om 40 tpm met zijn drie dubbele kanonnen, dus ik denk dat het tot op de dag van vandaag de vernietiger blijft die (theoretisch) binnen een minuut de meeste granaten uit zijn hoofdbatterijen kan vuren. Almirante Riveros is misschien een beetje overbelast, maar de 4 102 mm kanonnen bereiken een vergelijkbare vuursnelheid, dus dat is eigenlijk de output van een Akizuki in termen van aantal granaten. Toegegeven, er zijn een aantal naoorlogse schepen, maar ze passen goed bij het thema (hel, vanaf Greenhalgh hebben ze allemaal maar één torpedolanceerder, wat hun DD identiteit benadrukt.

Ik hou echt van die lijn. Maar het bevat een aantal behoorlijk coole DD's en is beter geworden dan ik had verwacht, dus dat is waarschijnlijk de reden waarom ~

I totally understand it. If there will come Cruisers and DD the tech tree will be great, I will change the order of the ships and I will look for BB's. If you agree with me, I'll start right away!

Players
52 posts
655 battles

New tech tree for cruisers (I hope this one is better) Info of all ships on this site

Tier 1: Ferrier (Haiti)

Tier 2: Bahia (Brazil)

Tier 3: Chacabuco (Chile)

Tier 4: Almirante Barroso (Brazil)

Tier 5: Rio Grande du Sol (Brazil)

Tier 7: Veinticinco De Mayo (Argentina)

Tier 8: Almirante Grau (Peru) (Originally Dutch, sold to Peru in 1973)

Tier 9: Barroso (Brazil)

Tier 10: Still unknown, maybe the Capitán Quiñones (Peru), but I think that this ship is more a T7-9 ship...

If you disagree, you can also search on the website for more suitable ships.