You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrettMRC

Asashio in ranked makes you scum

36 comments in this topic

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,410 battles

I never knew!

I just took a -7 karma hit in a game beccause I used an Asashio..can anyone beat that for a reaction from their own team?

Is there some other rule book or something I am missing that has a list of unacceptable life choices in WOWS?

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 11

[OGHF]
Players
1,424 posts
24,597 battles

Sorry for laughing, but how many - Karma points came from the opposition.

• Cool 1

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,410 battles

Not sure, the chat was all in team chat - so seems unlikely unless I am universally hated :D

[LEEUW]
Players
3,143 posts
10,750 battles

Did you play well tho? I mean if you yolo'ed in and died than you kinda deserve it tbh.

[OLEUM]
Players
241 posts
21,597 battles

playing aircraft carriers, but at some point you don't notice the karma loss  anymore. fixed at 0  so i don't care about it anymore

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,424 posts
24,597 battles

I universally hate most BB, if you say that as DD you go A and ask them to go B, they just follow you like lost sheep and that just REALLY WINDS ME UP ! :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,410 battles

I might just start taking my mk1 monarch on the A hull....

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,410 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Did you play well tho? I mean if you yolo'ed in and died than you kinda deserve it tbh.

You can see my win rate, of course I don't play well!

I don't suicide either though.

:Smile_child:

• Funny 3

Players
2,797 posts
33,739 battles
27 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

I never knew!

I just took a -7 karma hit in a game beccause I used an Asashio..can anyone beat that for a reaction from their own team?

Is there some other rule book or something I am missing that has a list of unacceptable life choices in WOWS?

Well, you should have gotten +7 from the enemy so they could equal each other out :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,081 battles
38 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

I  just took a -7 karma hit in a game beccause I used an Asashio..can anyone beat that for a reaction from their own team?

Do you have a replay?

It may be interesting to watch.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,948 posts
15,455 battles

Asashio might not be an entirely daft choice at the moment, given the massive spike in BB numbers in the queue (plus, 16 km torps - assuming TA - gives you a shout at hitting the CV if it does something silly)?

I didn't take mine out because a) they have lousy AA, even by DD standards and b) For me, having torps that hit anything is a bit more useful than being able to annihilate gormless BBs/CVs, but nothing else.

I don't think the presence of an Asashio should be an instant -1, but it does require that the team (and the Asashio driver) know to adjust their play style to make the most of her...

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,320 posts
23,343 battles

I think you have 1 too many 's' in the title.

Asashio in Ranked is fine as long as the player remembers he has potent guns and one of the best spotting abilities. In Sprint every ship is fine, it's a fun mode. I wish this mode would come back home to tier 5 and 6, maybe even 4?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, BrettMRC sagte:

80% karma you get is from teammates, not from opponents... 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,601 posts
4,358 battles
4 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

I never knew!

aaand that is important because ? karma is a useless feature just taking up database space and coding ...

if there would be some achievement tied to it ... that would be nice ... but as it is now ... meh ...

Beta Tester
939 posts
11,894 battles
35 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

80% karma you get is from teammates, not from opponents... 

Not true.

When I come into any CV game I report both of them. Also, Asashio is not terrible in ranked.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
352 posts
9,109 battles

As long as you weren't the Asashio who accused me of cheating a few days ago in my Edinburgh but I suspect you weren't as you seem to know what's going on with the ship.

He ranted and raved in chat because I sailed straight over his torps, I knew, he obviously didn't, cue much hilarity from in game chat and a kind of joining of teams in dishing out some, to be fair, good natured abuse to him, which may have fallen on deaf ears. :cap_fainting:

• Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
554 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Campbell said:

Is this because the asashio is too good or too bad? 

Both.

Torps cannot hit cruisers or destroyers but have default 20km range as well being fast, relatively stealthy and it have a torpedo reload booster that doesnt take smoke slot, now consider the recent additions to modules in particular the ones that gives even more speed to torpedoes and considering how static BB can play and its a very scary ship ... that is as long there are only Battleships around, AA defense is ... lets say it have some AA defense, "some" so CVs can counter it even if they wont like going after DDs if they can avoid that. But it cannot do much against a Cruiser outside give away her position so the Cruiser can kill her.

However, considering how static Ranked can be, Asashio slipping by and flaking means suddenly your parked BB is flooding and she can do that unmolested if there are no Destroyers or CVs around to stop her, even Cruisers still need to spot her and since Asashio torps can comfortably be fired outside even Glorious Soviet radar detection range, she have to give herself away but completely worthless if no battleships remain as it cannot engage full health cruisers.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,038 posts
16,908 battles
7 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

I didnt take as much per 1 game but got something like -25/35 per day (some 15 games) several times, does that count?

Sometimes i wish there was negative karma, might have set some record for the server.

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles
8 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

I never knew!

Mine is 27 or 28-ish, there is a screenshot in the Greatest achievements thread. It has been a while tho...ahhh, the glorious olden days. 

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
367 posts
15,512 battles
14 hours ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

As long as you weren't the Asashio who accused me of cheating a few days ago in my Edinburgh but I suspect you weren't as you seem to know what's going on with the ship.

He ranted and raved in chat because I sailed straight over his torps, I knew, he obviously didn't, cue much hilarity from in game chat and a kind of joining of teams in dishing out some, to be fair, good natured abuse to him, which may have fallen on deaf ears. :cap_fainting:

Jeez! How people can sail around in a ship which they dont even know the very basics of never ceases to amaze me!😂

its almost as if you would rant about your failure to set fires with Edinburgh!😀

• Funny 1

Players
533 posts
9,048 battles
7 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

Jeez! How people can sail around in a ship which they dont even know the very basics of never ceases to amaze me!😂

its almost as if you would rant about your failure to set fires with Edinburgh!😀

I once killed a ship with edinburgh with fire

My secondaries saved the day

• Cool 2