Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JesusRaptorTank

Weird lag in game

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
26 posts
210 battles

Has anyone else noticed or is anyone else experiencing the flickering lag atm?

The only way I can describe it as is the red lag sign in the upper left corner flickering on and off and ping shooting up and down constantly followed by an onscreen effect of what feels like your ship is being slowed down and then shoots forward like a rubber bad popping forward after being wound up, it's bugging the hell out of me and I know it's not my connection I've ran multiple packetloss and jitter tests and everything's fine on my end.

I also have a few friends I play with over teamspeak who experience the exact same issue and they live in different parts of the world.

Does anyone know what it is or why it's happening, and if so can or will it be fixed?

• Cool 2

[L10NS]
Weekend Tester
415 posts
1,564 battles

Its a micro lag, a delay between what your client thinks is happening and what is happening on the server. Extreme examples are known as 'rubber banding'. Possibly due to server load as after the server restarts in the early hours of the morning it isnt generally an issue.

[-EMM-]
Beta Tester
8 posts
3,871 battles

Yes its what playarci mentioned. Ive seen more threats about this issue.

When there is a high population playing, then the servers seem to lag somewhat. Serverside, so you cant fix it on your part.

Beta Tester
26 posts
210 battles

Has wargaming issued any statements on it or given any indications of plans on upgrading server capacity as to deal with the increased influx of players?

Beta Tester
657 posts

Yeah, I've noticed this. Taken a huge amount of damage..... and then 1 or 2 seconds later the shells hit me :amazed:

[TRV]
Beta Tester
119 posts
9,459 battles

Yupp, that same lag is happening in world of tanks, there its so bad sometimes that i almost get sea sickness from it. Its also common at prime time in world of warships.

WG hasnt put up good enough servers and i think they use cheap VPN ( not shure, but ull see if you run ping plotter that the lag/packet loss rises last jumps).

I havent tested it propperly but in the future i will try out a VPN from another place  then my current to see if its a difference in lag from where you are connecting from.

But quality isnt what usually comes from the E... so i dont exspect bether, that way i dont get disapointed. In WoWs its not to bad, but its killing wot ;)

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

I have to say that I get this alot in WOWS, last night was really bad but don't tend to get it in WOT. 

I assume that as this is still a CBT we are running on bare minimum server requirements and would hope that when we move to soft release that servers are given a big upgrade.

It would be foolish for WG to think that it's OK after release to have these issues, it's a game breaker for many.

Edited by Aldramelech

Beta Tester
26 posts
210 battles

I have to say that I get this alot in WOWS, last night was really bad but don't tend to get it in WOT. 

I assume that as this is still a CBT we are running on bare minimum server requirements and would hope that when we move to soft release that servers are given a big upgrade.

It would be foolish for WG to think that it's OK after release to have these issues, it's a game breaker for many.

Yeah I completely agree with you on that point, I didn't spend massive amounts on my machine so I could run the game on ultra only to get the "console experience" so to speak, and the smooth 60 fps gameplay feel being missing is probably going to be a game breaker for alot of people of it isn't fixed.

Sign in to follow this