You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eagle613UK

3 battle penalty

17 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
2,306 battles

I received a 3 battle penalty for unsporting conduct(leaving a battle early)when in fact

I suffered a crash and had to re-install,I feel bad about this as it seems WoWS

slaps you with a penalty without finding out why you left!!

• Boring 3

Players
115 posts
2 minutes ago, Eagle613UK said:

I received a 3 battle penalty for unsporting conduct(leaving a battle early)when in fact

Could be worse you seen gophers post he got 13 and restricted to coop and such.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
9 minutes ago, Eagle613UK said:

Why Comic Sans?

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles

- Dont leave the battle early

- Fix your PC / Dont play with instable connection, PC, w/e.

- If you chose to play like this anyway, dont cry when you get punished. You think, the other 11 players in your TEAM care, why you arent playing? Why should they get punished played a man down?

Its not WGs fault. You dont have a stable connection / PC = you dont play a online multiplayer game. Blame yourself, blame your ISP but dont blame WG. Simple as that.

Obviouly WG stepped the punishment up and I absolutly applaude this. Its about time to get rid of the afk´ers.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
115 posts
11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

- Dont leave the battle early

- Fix your PC / Dont play with instable connection, PC, w/e.

- If you chose to play like this anyway, dont cry when you get punished. You think, the other 11 players in your TEAM care, why you arent playing? Why should they get punished played a man down?

Its not WGs fault. You dont have a stable connection / PC = you dont play a online multiplayer game. Blame yourself, blame your ISP but dont blame WG. Simple as that.

Obviouly WG stepped the punishment up and I absolutly applaude this. Its about time to get rid of the afk´ers.

But if it was a crash you got less than 20m to log back in.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles
1 hour ago, Eagle613UK said:

how does the game know if you've crashed or turned the game off because you didn't like the MM??

• Cool 2

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles
45 minutes ago, Eagle613UK said:

To forlorn Sailor,if thats your attitude what incentive has anyone got to come and play the game!!

You answered the question yourself: the incentive is to actually play the game.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
30,974 posts
15,698 battles
51 minutes ago, Eagle613UK said:

To forlorn Sailor,if thats your attitude what incentive has anyone got to come and play the game!!

Fun?

When you do not have fun playing games, do not play them.

And yes, playing in a team of 11 against  a team 12 is a servere disadvantage. Lost often enough just because of this.

• Cool 1

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, Eagle613UK said:

Re-install what? I had game crashes from time to time (that was previous update) but I never had to re-install anything.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
294 posts

I know it seems unfair, but the game has no way of knowing if it was a CTD or intentional.

As far as I know, no online game can detect this sort happenstance, so the penalty will apply to all players, intentional or not.

That said, 3 battles in co-op goes quickly, so just get that done, and off you go again.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
15,044 battles
3 hours ago, 98195498984849894 said:

But if it was a crash you got less than 20ms to log back in.

I think the time you have to get back in-game is longer than this as I doubt many people could make that time (20ms).

20ms is twenty milli-seconds by the way.

The OP did post that they had to reinstall the game so there was no way they could do that in even 15 minutes.  I would think the only reason to do a reinstall is if some files got corrupted but I think there is an option to check and repair the install on WGC in the Game Settings.   I'd try that before a reinstall.

• Cool 1

Players
115 posts
7 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I think the time you have to get back in-game is longer than this as I doubt many people could make that time (20ms).

20ms is twenty milli-seconds by the way.

The OP did post that they had to reinstall the game so there was no way they could do that in even 15 minutes.  I would think the only reason to do a reinstall is if some files got corrupted but I think there is an option to check and repair the install on WGC in the Game Settings.   I'd try that before a reinstall.

Ah ok I ment minutes. Happened many times crashed and im back with in 2m but i feel bad because those 2m I'm mainly in a cv

Beta Tester
2,133 posts
19,294 battles
Vor 16 Stunden, Otowi sagte:

That said, 3 battles in co-op goes quickly, so just get that done, and off you go again.

Sounded to me as OP just turned pink for 3 games. That is not a real punishment or disadvantage but rather a warning like a yellow card in football. Nothing to worry about. Just go on with life, @Eagle613UK.

Players
80 posts
3,223 battles

The 3 game pink is just a warning, to get stuck in coop you need repeated 'offences' or do something like torp a friendly to death. Goes away really quick

Players
5 posts
2,306 battles

Thanks Johnny moneto and captain Campbell,your replies are much more constructive than Forlorn Sailors.I probably erred when I said I had to re-install,what I meant to say was I had to restart the game because the glitch had shoved me back to my home screen.In reply to Forlorn Sailor,I wasnt a AFK-r,I was actually sat looking at the screen when the glitch happened,the reason I posted this was that I was accused of unsportsmanlike conduct which is rubbish.Anyway,thankyou to those who have explained to me why this happened,I enjoy playing the game and for information I am 71 yrs young and a forces veteran,playing PC games and playing on my PS4 keeps me sane and stops the onset of things like dementia and altzheimers,thankyou one and all.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,687 posts
22,514 battles
54 minutes ago, Eagle613UK said:

Thanks Johnny moneto and captain Campbell,your replies are much more constructive than Forlorn Sailors.I probably erred when I said I had to re-install,what I meant to say was I had to restart the game because the glitch had shoved me back to my home screen.In reply to Forlorn Sailor,I wasnt a AFK-r,I was actually sat looking at the screen when the glitch happened,the reason I posted this was that I was accused of unsportsmanlike conduct which is rubbish.Anyway,thankyou to those who have explained to me why this happened,I enjoy playing the game and for information I am 71 yrs young and a forces veteran,playing PC games and playing on my PS4 keeps me sane and stops the onset of things like dementia and altzheimers,thankyou one and all.

I'm 60 years old and - except for getting drafted to military service like all other german guys in the early 80's - managed to mostly evade military service.

I don't know if that's the reason why I usually manage to restart my PC and the game to log in again into the same battle I've got thrown out of... or it's only pure luck...

Maybe it's the PS4 to blame? Wouldn't touch something like that with a 10m pole to play online games ^^