You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

so wg can nerf premiums ?

107 comments in this topic

[SVX]
Players
1,387 posts
16,420 battles

so they nerf graff zeppeline a already truly mediocre premium cv. but they refuse to touch enterprise ??

i mean seriously i tought they where not allowed to premiums ? and graff zeppeline was really bad to begin with now it will suck eaven more >:>( i feel bad man.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,315 posts

Of course they can nerf premiums. It has been explained many times already. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles

Ethically they can't since people paid money for an X ship to play it in that condition.

Unethically, yes they can do whatever they want.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
7 minutes ago, albin322 said:

so they nerf graff zeppeline a already truly mediocre premium cv. but they refuse to touch enterprise ??

The AP bomb alpha nerf affects Enterprise as well. 

• Cool 3

Players
28 posts
568 battles
6 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Ethically they can't since people paid money for an X ship to play it in that condition.

Unethically, yes they can do whatever they want.

Actually no, at least according to UK law.

https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/digital/digital-content#Typesofdigitalcontent

Relevant section:

As described

Digital content must match any description the trader gives to the consumer about it. Every contract to supply digital content has 'as described' as a contract term.

It does not matter if the consumer examines a trial version of the product before the contract is made and the final product matches the trial product or is even better; it is the description that is given to the original digital content that is important.

Certain digital products are upgraded over time. The digital content must continue to match the description but it can contain additional or enhanced features that are not part of that description.

Certain specific information about the main characteristics, functionality and compatibility of digital products must be given to consumers before they buy. Where information needs to be provided it is to be treated as a term of the contract and effectively becomes part of the product description.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
14 minutes ago, albin322 said:

i mean seriously i tought they where not allowed to premiums ? and graff zeppeline was really bad to begin with now it will suck eaven more >:>( i feel bad man.

• they can
  • they did
  • and for special ships you can even expect direct changes

Players
6,702 posts
5 minutes ago, Wyrmw00d said:

https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/digital/digital-content#Typesofdigitalcontent

Relevant section:

As described

Digital content must match any description the trader gives to the consumer about it. Every contract to supply digital content has 'as described' as a contract term.

It does not matter if the consumer examines a trial version of the product before the contract is made and the final product matches the trial product or is even better; it is the description that is given to the original digital content that is important.

Certain digital products are upgraded over time. The digital content must continue to match the description but it can contain additional or enhanced features that are not part of that description.

Certain specific information about the main characteristics, functionality and compatibility of digital products must be given to consumers before they buy. Where information needs to be provided it is to be treated as a term of the contract and effectively becomes part of the product description.

Hmm... but the servers are in the HRE... I mean the EU. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles
9 minutes ago, Wyrmw00d said:

Relevant section:

As described

1. I wrote ethically. You respond me with lawfully. I don't see these two being the same.

2. It writes there "trial product". Players don't pay money for a "trial product" here. They pay money for a thoroughly tested and finalized version of a ship.

Players
28 posts
568 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Hmm... but the servers are in the HRE... I mean the EU. :Smile_glasses:

That's irrelevant if the customer is in the UK. I haven't checked but this is probably EU law too as it is from well before the UK chose to leave.

At the very least, according to the law, they will have to offer refunds.

• Cool 2

Players
6,702 posts
1 minute ago, Wyrmw00d said:

That's irrelevant if the customer is in the UK. I haven't checked but this is probably EU law too as it is from well before the UK chose to leave.

At the very least, according to the law, they will have to offer refunds.

Don't know how the EU law applies, not a lawyer myself. Does it require corporations to actually do what the law says, or does it work more like it works over in the USA.....

• Funny 3

Players
28 posts
568 battles
4 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

1. I wrote ethically. You respond me with lawfully. I don't see these two being the same.

2. It writes there "trial product". Players don't pay money for a "trial product" here. They pay money for a thoroughly tested and finalized version of a ship.

You also said "unethically yes they can do whatever they like"

Read the article - it "includes" trial products as well as bought ones. In the section "Types of digital goods" it actually specifies "virtual items purchased within video games"

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

They no longer offer refunds, they have made many changes that mean their first description is no longer accurate  on many ships.

There may be a legal case but who would make it for a few  pounds with of ships?

Players
36 posts
4,253 battles

Actually, WG owns everything on your account, even the things you bought. So they reserve the right to change it whenever they feel like it.

Fairly certain you can find that in the terms of service or something.

Every company likes to protect itself from legal action when they end up doing something questionable.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles
1 minute ago, Wyrmw00d said:

Read the article - it "includes" trial products as well as bought ones. In the section "Types of digital goods" it actually specifies "virtual items purchased within video games"

Well, i don't like to speculate laws and try to be a google law expert as i'm not a lawyer which is the reason i only wrote ethical. I'm sure we have lawyers playing this game who can enlighten us.

Players
28 posts
568 battles
1 minute ago, RurushuVuiBuritania said:

Actually, WG owns everything on your account, even the things you bought. So they reserve the right to change it whenever they feel like it.

Fairly certain you can find that in the terms of service or something.

No contract, by law, and this includes EULAs, is allowed to diminish a consumer's statutory rights.

• Cool 3

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
415 posts
9,647 battles

WeeGee does not nerf premiums, only mechanics, like smoke firing

LE: @Wyrmw00d  I do not remember about the smoke firing nerf, however, when the CV rework happened they did offer a refund in the form of doubloons.

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,596 battles

Well, how about games that are patched and become awful? Unethical for devs to try to change the game? Grounds for refund? How is it?

Or how about other software that had mandatory patches that makes it worse?

Players
28 posts
568 battles
Just now, Origin47 said:

WeeGee does not nerf premiums, only mechanics, like smoke firing

Were refunds offered for affected premiums at the time?

[SPURD]
Players
869 posts
6,596 battles

Also the idea that premiums can't be changed means that bad premiums won't be ever made good. I'd sure like for some buffs on certain ships I foolishly bought...

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,777 battles
3 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Also the idea that premiums can't be changed means that bad premiums won't be ever made good. 

If they are changing the characteristics of a product the customer paid for, and that change can be good or bad, they need to offer compensation because it is not the same product anymore. Maybe the customer (s) were not going to buy this version of the product, hence it is unfair and unethical.

• Boring 1

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
415 posts
9,647 battles

They do buff premiums, Kii received some buffs (not to accuracy/sigma though), Atago received it's repair consumable, LolYang received it's hydro, PrinzPotato repair consumable, Ashitaka received better AP.

Players
6,702 posts
18 minutes ago, Wyrmw00d said:

Were refunds offered for affected premiums at the time?

I'm sure the product details didn't include any other information apart from say, having smoke. If they make universal/meta changes they can still claim it matches the product description, even if it does not match your expectations.

• Cool 1

[NCDF]
Players
237 posts
6,723 battles
Vor 59 Minuten, albin322 sagte:

They are not nerfing a ship, they are nerfing a gamemechanic. 

GZ stays in the same balance to all other same kind CV's. Therefore it's not a nerf. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1