You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Supersubway

Killing Venezia? Are you serious?

128 comments in this topic

Players
4,423 posts
5,713 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Am I really the only one who thinks that calling losing 5 degrees of her sap pen angles, half a second of main battery reload, and a second of rudder shift, as "killing" her as the very definition of hyperbole?

Sure she will be weaker for these changes, but she'll definetly not be "dead" by any definition.

To tell you the truth, I almost cryed my a$$ of with laughing on that 0.5 seconds reload rage.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,957 posts
6,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

To tell you the truth, I almost cryed my a$$ of with laughing on that 0.5 seconds reload rage.

It's a barely 2,5% reload nerf. Want to bet that 9 times out of ten you wouldn't even notice?

I'm not denying it's a nerf, that is clear as day, I just don't think it is as severe as a lot of our fellow members think it is.

Then again I don't have a Venezia..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
10,533 posts
12,056 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

It's a barely 2,5% reload nerf. Want to bet that 9 times out of ten you wouldn't even notice?

I'm not denying it's a nerf, that is clear as day, I just don't think it is as severe as a lot of our fellow members think it is.

Looking at Daring and what, 3 reload nerfs in a row, I doubt it would end at only 0.5s nerf.

For reference, Daring reload nerfs essentially removed any dps boost you would get from adding BFT with points you would otherwise spend on IFHE and brought her theoretical dpm down to Gearing level. Which didn't fixed her outstanding utility and survivability due to all the consumables on board

[GOMS]
Players
289 posts
5,790 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

so your opinion is based on one video?

Just search on YT any video with 400k+, even 500k+ damage battles and you will see, that also Minotaur can be damage monster... but does it makes the ship OP? Definitely not

The Smolensk has Hydro, torpedo range 8.1km, smoke, good concealment, 4.4 second reload (main guns), firing range 13.8km, Speed 35kts

This ships can burn down BB's in no time, Khaba was heavily nerfed because it was way op, Smolensk imo is way op, but that's my opinion from gameplay observation

I appreciate you have your opinion that its not overpowered, but many will disagree, play it badly and players will sink fast, play it well and its totally devastating

• Cool 1

Players
10,533 posts
12,056 battles
2 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

play it badly and players will sink fast, play it well and its totally devastating

Which sounds like rewarding ship design to me?:cap_hmm:

Players
4,423 posts
5,713 battles
30 minutes ago, lafeel said:

They will light on fire forum because of 0.5 seconds reload nerf.

This is their reaction if nerf would be 0.1 seconds

vader-no-550x250.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,123 posts
4,562 battles
Před 17 minutami Mahaaret řekl/a:

The Smolensk has Hydro, torpedo range 8.1km, smoke, good concealment, 4.4 second reload (main guns), firing range 13.8km, Speed 35kts

This ships can burn down BB's in no time, Khaba was heavily nerfed because it was way op, Smolensk imo is way op, but that's my opinion from gameplay observation

I appreciate you have your opinion that its not overpowered, but many will disagree, play it badly and players will sink fast, play it well and its totally devastating

Mino has Hydro, torpedo range 10km, smoke, better concealment, 3.2 reload, 15.8 firing range, speed 33.5kts... so from your mentioned parameters Mino is better with everything, just it is 1,5km slower.

Of course they have different armament of torps and main guns shells and plenty other things.

Smolensk can definitely burn down a BB quite easily... but it BB manages to be alone against Smolensk in his firing range, then there is something wrong. It is about adapting the situation when you have to face certain enemy... When there is Yueyang you also won't go alone with your GK to open waters...

• Cool 2

Players
2,289 posts
9,218 battles
9 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

They will light on fire forum because of 0.5 seconds reload nerf.

This is their reaction if nerf would be 0.1 seconds

vader-no-550x250.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

It's the rudder shift and SAP angle nerf which kills the ship. The 0.5s reload nerf is just the final humiliation suggesting "there will be more if you dare to move".

• Cool 1

Players
1,211 posts
25,696 battles

Venezia nerf shouldn't be a surprise. Remember CBs season 9 had mostly 6v6 Venezia match-ups in hurricane league? I expect more nerfs to this ship in the the future.

• Angry 1

Players
4,423 posts
5,713 battles
7 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

It's the rudder shift and SAP angle nerf which kills the ship. The 0.5s reload nerf is just the final humiliation suggesting "there will be more if you dare to move".

Doesn't matter. Its the fact that ship was is OP.

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,957 posts
6,482 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Looking at Daring and what, 3 reload nerfs in a row, I doubt it would end at only 0.5s nerf.

Let's not jump the gun and talk about where it might end just yet after just one nerf, that's a bit premature.

• Bad 1

Players
4,230 posts
21,192 battles

All this talk about how the Venezia is 'a veru gud bote' makes me wheep a little on the  inside. My WR in her is 35% i think :Smile_sad:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BBMM]
Players
7,102 posts
10,559 battles
10 minutes ago, Europizza said:

All this talk about how the Venezia is 'a veru gud bote' makes me wheep a little on the  inside. My WR in her is 35% i think :Smile_sad:

I wonder what your WR was like in the grind up to it then... :Smile_hiding:

[TES6L]
Players
258 posts
11,958 battles
1 hour ago, mantiscore said:

No, i just did not know it correctly

Do you think it makes my point invalid?

Ofc your point is invalid.

If you dont know for sure then check before boasting nonsense.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,722 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

''I've seen much more than you at every level''...

Are you kidding me with this bs?

No, I am not. It's just a fact. 

Is it harder for you to believe there are better and more experienced players than you, or harder to believe that not everybody recites the same mantra you constantly see around here?

Let me put it this way: If you're the type of player who likes to sit statically in bow-in BBs or play far too aggressively then yes, Smolensk is OP and totally kills the game. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,781 battles
1 ora fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

When there is Yueyang you also won't go alone with your GK to open waters...

Man, bringing up Yueyang and GK when discussing Smolensk's performance...I can understand Benham and Kremlin, but those:cap_win:

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,804 posts
4,416 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

The change will not kill her, but one must question if it was necessary to go that far.

The change of the ricochet angle would have probably been enough.

image.thumb.png.5f17158961e343e7c3bfd8e9b58cdc67.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200620/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

DM outperforms Venezia and was not touched for quite some time. While the RU CA are a balance disaster in waiting.

Venezia is a damage machine, while being good at mitigating damage. She has no hydro or radar to flush out important targets.

Incorrect, DM UU was changed.

[CATS]
Players
31,679 posts
15,887 battles
9 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Incorrect, DM UU was changed.

That is the Upgrade, not the ship. Not everyone uses that stuff. One could even argue that the normal upgrades are stronger.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,804 posts
4,416 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is the Upgrade, not the ship. Not everyone uses that stuff. One could even argue that the normal upgrades are stronger.

So if you change something no other ship can use it is not a nerf to that one ship ? interesting ....

[4_0_4]
Players
8,221 posts
14,628 battles
13 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

As I mentioned above, I am not even sure if we are allowed to nerf coal and steel ship. Maybe for ship with "special" status (not premium) it is somewhat possible, if needed. But this is only me speculating.

Not allowed? :cap_fainting:

It's your game and your content, why shoudn't you be allowed to adjust your own stuff?

Special ships cannot be bought with money directly, so that argument of the prem ships falls flat.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
8,278 posts
43,294 battles
15 hours ago, mantiscore said:

kremlin aa retard nerf

So the Kaga can drop you 3 times and you shoot down 1-2 planes. Cause you lose 50% of your already pathetically needed AA in few Thunderer salvos. After having 2 battles with no AA at all that I couldn't even shoot down fighter planes - so cv was perma spotting me all the time - I stopped playing Kremlin. 

Venezia nerfes aren't that bad, the main nerf will be in the rudder. 

• Bad 1

Players
2,289 posts
9,218 battles
3 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

So the Kaga can drop you 3 times and you shoot down 1-2 planes. Cause you lose 50% of your already pathetically needed AA in few Thunderer salvos. After having 2 battles with no AA at all that I couldn't even shoot down fighter planes - so cv was perma spotting me all the time - I stopped playing Kremlin. 

Venezia nerfes aren't that bad, the main nerf will be in the rudder. 

If the Venezia nerfs are not bad, then it will be still the best ship in the broken 1CV 6CA Clan Wars meta, and will be nerfed to the ground next time. These community initiated nerfs are the worse, as WG just tries to please the crowd. Kremlin is OP if it can get close, which is barely possible in the current meta. It's inferior to Yamato at distance. Nerfing the AA had a significant effect in CV matches, as now it's considered an easy target. Basically Kremlin was the answer to the community complaining about the HE spam. They created a ship that can endure more spamming and can be used for brawling. The community disliked it because it was Russian. WG has Russian bias for sure, but the community has an anti Russian bias. We are just people with similar biases after all.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,946 posts
14 hours ago, lafeel said:

999 of 1000 times really, I have Ragnarok, i dont really notice the 10% reload nerf she has compared to normal Amagi...

This Venezia business is just a token nerf 

• Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,435 posts
27,266 battles

sap in itself/as a concept deserves getting scrapped imho. venezia was like the only viable pick next to stalin (up the the only one) and cv's in last cb season. the ship is so gimmickly overloaded, with workable AA (lol) and concealment, good agility, fuel smoke, SAP, torps and not too bad survivability.....

called it from the start, concept of the line is borked. and venezia at the top close to being... i dunno woat it is, but for sure not balanced! i don't know either what to behold of these changes now, i sense it to not be fitting the matter really.

2cts

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
8,278 posts
43,294 battles
4 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

If the Venezia nerfs are not bad, then it will be still the best ship in the broken 1CV 6CA Clan Wars meta, and will be nerfed to the ground next time. These community initiated nerfs are the worse, as WG just tries to please the crowd. Kremlin is OP if it can get close, which is barely possible in the current meta. It's inferior to Yamato at distance. Nerfing the AA had a significant effect in CV matches, as now it's considered an easy target. Basically Kremlin was the answer to the community complaining about the HE spam. They created a ship that can endure more spamming and can be used for brawling. The community disliked it because it was Russian. WG has Russian bias for sure, but the community has an anti Russian bias. We are just people with similar biases after all.

You know I mean Venezia will be still playable. Unlike Henri.