You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Supersubway

Killing Venezia? Are you serious?

128 comments in this topic

Players
534 posts
9,589 battles
2 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Because it sit in smoke and spam HE. Doesn't matter that its HE pens hardly anything and is all reliant on fire, when BB gets put on fire too much siren goes of blaring and then the audio and visual input of all the shells makes BB player brain panic, regardless of what is actually happening. BB is a forgiving class that attracts players of almost all kinds, but mostly gets "mained" by people with a certain type of character that cannot handle this kind of traumatising experience. This is not what they play BB for!

Smolensk is not frustrating to play against only in BBs, but destroyers as well

That monstrosity has hydro and if you get spotted in his area you are pretty much dead

So much fun and skills

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,891 battles
2 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Because it sit in smoke and spam HE. Doesn't matter that its HE pens hardly anything and is all reliant on fire, when BB gets put on fire too much, siren goes of blaring and then the audio and visual input of all the shells makes BB player brain panic, regardless of what is actually happening. BB is a forgiving class that attracts players of almost all kinds, but mostly gets "mained" by people with a certain type of character that cannot handle this kind of traumatising experience. This is not what they play BB for!

I wish there was a way to turn off that f*cking fire alarm. I KNOW the ship's on fire! I CAN SEE IT ON FIRE! I have misplayed because the fire alarm was so infuriating I literally put out the fire to get the game to f*cking shut up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

That monstrosity has hydro and if you get spotted in his area you are pretty much dead

In the area of the Hydro or the area of the ships range?

First one you deserve to die, 2nd one aint true.

2 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

I wish there was a way to turn off that f*cking fire alarm. I KNOW the ship's on fire! I CAN SEE IT ON FIRE! I have misplayed because the fire alarm was so infuriating I literally put out the fire to get the game to f*cking shut up. 

Indeed, that annoying sound alone makes you prone to DCP because its SO [edited]ANNOYING.

Players
8,472 posts
9,331 battles
Just now, mantiscore said:

Smolensk is not frustrating to play against only in BBs, but destroyers as well

That monsomtrosuty has hydro andif you get spotted in his area you are pretty much dead

So much fun and skills

Hydro is if Smol rushes you by itself. In which case any cruiser can end you, even a Yoshino.

As to getting spotted near a Smolensk, at the very least most of the time you have a very clear grasp of where the hell it is. Go get spotted near a Venezia.

1 minute ago, dasCKD said:

Best thing is when I get disconnected after sinking, it loads in again and I get fire alarm despite being dead. Can't even press R.

Players
534 posts
9,589 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

In the area of the Hydro or the area of the ships range?

First one you deserve to die, 2nd one aint true.

Indeed, that annoying sound alone makes you prone to DCP because its SO [edited]ANNOYING.

Second one. The hydro renders your torps useless, so even the braindead players can calmly farm from smoke

Good luck dodging 16 fast velocity he shells every 2 seconds in your fragile dd

[JRM]
Players
7,958 posts
Just now, mantiscore said:

Second one. The hydro renders your torps useless, so even the braindead players can calmly farm from smoke

Smol doesnt reload at 2s

Players
8,472 posts
9,331 battles
2 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

Truely braindead players don't turn on hydro.

Also just because Smolensk is about as hard to torp while camping a spot than any other cruiser except Stalingrad and radar Salem doesn't make it OP. It just makes it normal.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,532 posts
13,472 battles
27 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

If you are in that proximity to get detected by a smol.. 
you deserve to be blasted by 16 fast firing guns.. 
because you either made a mistake and pushed too far.. 

or the smol had brown pants on and pushed too far... 

Players
534 posts
9,589 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

If you are in that proximity to get detected by a smol.. 
you deserve to be blasted by 16 fast firing guns.. 
because you either made a mistake and pushed too far.. 

or the smol had brown pants on and pushed too far... 

Good thing is you can get spotted by a billion other things, like a radar or fun police airlines

[SPURD]
Beta Tester
584 posts
9,745 battles

It’s about time this OP pos got a nerf, 10-15k volleys no matter how your angled yeah that’s balanced 

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,182 posts
4,567 battles
Před 37 minutami Bunny_Lover_Kallen řekl/a:

Because it sit in smoke and spam HE. Doesn't matter that its HE pens hardly anything and is all reliant on fire, when BB gets put on fire too much, siren goes of blaring and then the audio and visual input of all the shells makes BB player brain panic, regardless of what is actually happening. BB is a forgiving class that attracts players of almost all kinds, but mostly gets "mained" by people with a certain type of character that cannot handle this kind of traumatising experience. This is not what they play BB for!

so apart from FR and EU, this applies to all DDs, that they can sit in smoke and spam HE...

But as I mentioned, I fully agree, that Smolensk is really pain and frustrating to play against. That is true. But still it doesn't explain, why it is that much more OP than any other ship. Still it is easily punishable. To be honest, while on BB when there is Smolensk spotted I always try to release random salvo, as one shell can do huge problems to this ship.

It can be strong, but is is far from being OP...

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,812 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, ColonelPete sagte:

Henry needs some improvement too.

One could argue about Moskwa and Zao.

Wooster and Mino look fine.

One should note that Tier X is an area where changes for established ships should be small. One of the reasons I am not sure the Venezia changes are not a bit too much as the ricochet change alone is quite significant, but necessary.

I agree that the nerf could be a bit drastic. But yeah that's the well known hammer nerf when a screwdriver would have been enough.

• Cool 2

Players
8,472 posts
9,331 battles
1 minute ago, Donar79 said:

I agree that the nerf could be a bit drastic. But yeah that's the well known hammer nerf when a screwdriver would have been enough.

2.5% dpm nerf, a minor rudder shift nerf and a nerf to minimum ricochet angles that only comes into play at steep angles is a hammer nerf now?

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,812 battles
Vor 51 Minuten, dasCKD sagte:

Quite frankly though apart from the Henri, these ships are all still rather good at what they do and that hasn't really changed.

I wasn't questioning that at all. I only wanted to refer to the fact that Pete uses the WR of the DM for his argument and ignores the rest of the statistics. Statistics that show Venezia is borderline.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Mahaaret said:

Rather than go into detail, just watching this video will give good reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dtrVZ8mCU

So having a 300k game makes a ship OP now? Uh, thats bad, i think we need to nerf all hightier ships...

That was his best game ever

image.thumb.png.f8d0ef57a53adc84934b5abf4c5c39b2.png

His Smolensk has the highest damage for TX Cruisers (but same as Wooster), but its 4th last in WR. Only Henri , Zao and Moskva are worse for him (ill ignore Nevsky and Salem due to small sample size).

Useless damage farming is not OP.

[CATS]
Players
31,794 posts
15,918 battles
30 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

I wasn't questioning that at all. I only wanted to refer to the fact that Pete uses the WR of the DM for his argument and ignores the rest of the statistics. Statistics that show Venezia is borderline.

To the contrary. If our Tier X CA looked like this:

image.thumb.png.aa3752e27e446b26ba6d3049a685741d.png

I would have been against making Venezia weaker. One could have even argued for improvement.

But since I did not ignore the rest:

image.thumb.png.923a7735a4610b3c885d49f76cd25b0f.png

a change is ok, just not what WG proposed now.

Players
4,429 posts
5,713 battles
2 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Also, it's not overpowered. 

Lol. Yea, keep telling that to yourself...

Its your word against gameplays I saw with my own eyes.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,182 posts
4,567 battles
Před 21 minutami Mahaaret řekl/a:

Rather than go into detail, just watching this video will give good reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dtrVZ8mCU

so your opinion is based on one video?

Just search on YT any video with 400k+, even 500k+ damage battles and you will see, that also Minotaur can be damage monster... but does it makes the ship OP? Definitely not

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,780 battles
Just now, Hades_warrior said:

I saw the same gameplay. No, actually I've seen much more of it than you and at every level in random and competitive. 

You're welcome to think that it's OP or breaking the game, however, imo you would be wrong. 

[TES6L]
Players
258 posts
11,958 battles
42 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

She is OP against noobs.

[TES6L]
Players
258 posts
11,958 battles
2 hours ago, mantiscore said:

Since when Smolensk reload in 2s.

You deliberately lie or that is some weird way to made your point?

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,965 posts
6,482 battles

Am I really the only one who thinks that calling losing 5 degrees of her sap pen angles, half a second of main battery reload, and a second of rudder shift, as "killing" her as the very definition of hyperbole?

Sure she will be weaker for these changes, but she'll definetly not be "dead" by any definition.

• Cool 2

Players
534 posts
9,589 battles
11 minutes ago, Hawker_gb said:

Since when Smolensk reload in 2s.

You deliberately lie or that is some weird way to made your point?

No, i just did not know it correctly

Do you think it makes my point invalid?

Players
4,429 posts
5,713 battles
46 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I saw the same gameplay. No, actually I've seen much more of it than you and at every level in random and competitive. 

You're welcome to think that it's OP or breaking the game, however, imo you would be wrong. 

''I've seen much more than you at every level''...

Are you kidding me with this bs?