Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Supersubway

Killing Venezia? Are you serious?

128 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
105 posts
11,092 battles

We have a new line, which is awful. Try play t5, t6, t7 of the italian line. Crap play time. Not funny.

People play that just to grind to Venezia.

Which is a gudbote.  

But still worse than 3 other cruisers. ALL ARE RUSSIAN. And they nerf, BADLY, the fourth.

20.5 reload time? Are you kidding me? 20 was already a pain, now 20.5?
And you dramatically transform a truck into a train (+10% on turn) with bullets that now bounce easily? (Use the sap, they don't bounce!)

Look at the chart, and tell me what are you thinking. Tell me why three best are from the same country and the 4th get nerfed. So the only way to get a good boat is to choose Russian ships?

What a crap. What a C-R-A-P.

You don't for sure need me, but I'm not going to spend time on this game anymore.

mad.jpg

• Cool 13
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 2

[BATES]
Players
1,057 posts
13,602 battles

Well  it seems you forget below simple algorithm

if (ship.Nation != USSR)

Nerf();

• Cool 3
  • Funny 15

[FAILS]
Players
713 posts
21,807 battles

Wow, someone is seriously triggered about what are imo realitvely small changes to a very strong ship. The SAP angles of Venezia are now in line with the rest of the tech tree (never saw a reason why they should be better in the first place). Will you really notice 0.5s extra reload? The rudder shift might be more noticeable, but because of her very trollish armour some kind of nerf to her survivability might be warranted. I don't see those nerfs changing the playstyle of the ship in any way. As for the three Soviets that are performing even better: One has just been introduced, one is not yet introduced and one is blatantly too strong, but mostly played by good players anyway. Nevsky and Petropavlovsk are too new to have conclusive statistics (and yes, I believe they are too strong right now and need nerfs, but we will see).

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
3,922 battles
18 minutes ago, Supersubway said:

We have a new line, which is awful. Try play t5, t6, t7 of the italian line. Crap play time. Not funny.

Which is a gudbote.  

But still worse than 3 other cruisers. ALL ARE RUSSIAN. And they nerf, BADLY, the fourth.

And you dramatically transform a truck into a train (+10% on turn) with bullets that now bounce easily? (Use the sap, they don't bounce!)

Look at the chart, and tell me what are you thinking. Tell me why three best are from the same country and the 4th get nerfed. So the only way to get a good boat is to choose Russian ships?

You don't for sure need me, but I'm not going to spend time on this game anymore.

mad.jpg

Pure and simple. In the last CB season Venezia was the ship of choice for 6 slots along with a Hakuryu amongst the competitive clans. Same thing happened to Hindy after CB season 1 which was dominated by them. It's got nothing to do with how the ship performs in randoms, although in the right hands Venezia is a beast.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Players
320 posts
14,031 battles

The changes will not kill Venezia, do not overreact. Also, Wows-numbers is notorious for having incomplete ships stats, please use maple syrup for that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,773 posts
4,523 battles
Před 20 minutami Supersubway řekl/a:

Which is a gudbote.  

mad.jpg

Hello,

I am sorry, that this announcement made you angry. I am also not happy with Venezia nerf, but I need to say, that this ship was overperforming.

In your chart, on first place is a ship, that has only 1500 battles and only testers has it so far. And as you know, testers are generally quite skilled players.

Second in your chart is steel ship. Yes, Stalingrad is strong, but it is hard to get ship and again mostly highly skilled players has it. Possible nerf of steel ship would be tricky.

Third Nevsky, newly released ship. 50k battles are not so much, but ok, we can take that into comparison.

That was WR.

But let's take a look on average damage and mostly experience:

Damage: Venezia 3rd, Nevsky 5th - even Goliath is better damage farm..

Average experience: Venezia 3rd, Nevsky 4th.

See, that Goliath is again pretty close...

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

So the crown of an otherwise totally crap line of cruisers gets nerfed. Well done, please delete Italian cruiser line and replace with more Russian napkin ships.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,928 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

Hello,

I am sorry, that this announcement made you angry. I am also not happy with Venezia nerf, but I need to say, that this ship was overperforming.

In your chart, on first place is a ship, that has only 1500 battles and only testers has it so far. And as you know, testers are generally quite skilled players.

Second in your chart is steel ship. Yes, Stalingrad is strong, but it is hard to get ship and again mostly highly skilled players has it. Possible nerf of steel ship would be tricky.

Third Nevsky, newly released ship. 50k battles are not so much, but ok, we can take that into comparison.

That was WR.

Its a joke that you nerf all over performing ships of last clan wars season but leave Stalingrad like it is. Yeah yeah I get it it's Russian. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,773 posts
4,523 battles
Před 1 minutou Aixin řekl/a:

Its a joke that you nerf all over performing ships of last clan wars season but leave Stalingrad like it is. Yeah yeah I get it it's Russian. 

As I mentioned above, I am not even sure if we are allowed to nerf coal and steel ship. Maybe for ship with "special" status (not premium) it is somewhat possible, if needed. But this is only me speculating.

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

Players
847 posts
8,054 battles

I'll be the first to don my tin foil hat and say that Russian bias is rampant, but the fact remains: Venezia was way overpowered. It probably still will be, but a little more manageable.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
31,087 posts
15,723 battles

The change will not kill her, but one must question if it was necessary to go that far.

The change of the ricochet angle would have probably been enough.

image.thumb.png.5f17158961e343e7c3bfd8e9b58cdc67.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200620/eu_2month/average_ship_u.html

DM outperforms Venezia and was not touched for quite some time. While the RU CA are a balance disaster in waiting.

Venezia is a damage machine, while being good at mitigating damage. She has no hydro or radar to flush out important targets.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
21 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Hello,

That was WR.

Venezia is still relatively new and owned by much better players than the server average. It has good damage but has difficulty influencing the game otherwise (no radar, no hydro, cannot play close to the caps). Also I don't see why it should be compared to Nevsky. I'd like to see the stats (WR) of Venezia players compared to their other recently played T10 cruisers. Why is nerfing a steel ship tricky? You have nerfed a couple of premiums recently (IFHE cruisers, Enetrprise upcoming) for which people played cash. Steel was mostly a free to obtain resource.

• Cool 3

Players
1,098 posts
3,828 battles
6 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

As I mentioned above, I am not even sure if we are allowed to nerf coal and steel ship. Maybe for ship with "special" status (not premium) it is somewhat possible, if needed. But this is only me speculating.

here is an idea for WG: give a flat 10% buff to ships that have been built for real.

nearly all OP ships are theoretical paper designs.

• Cool 2

Players
2,797 posts
33,762 battles

Hi @YabbaCoe

"testers are generally quite skilled players."

I'm afraid this is untrue. As you know it almost everyone has access to these ships from clan testing programs, to ccs, mods, supermantestesters, etc. , and there are tons with low wr&pr. I think it would be fair to say "some skilled testers" not "general".

• Cool 4

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

DM outperforms Venezia and was not touched for quite some time.

You know what Pete, I ignore you most of the time but when you start poking at my DesM..... you crossed the line mate. Don't you dare suggest things to WG. :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 8

Players
533 posts
9,058 battles

When was the last time a russian non-test ship got nerfhammered?

Im not talking about kremlin aa retard nerf, but a significant one, similar to henri?

• Cool 3

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
110 posts
5,707 battles

Couldn‘t you just reduce the sap damage slightly? 20 secs reload is already unconfortable. On the other hand the responsivity of the venezia makes ist fun. Nerfing this feels wrong.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
31,087 posts
15,723 battles
2 minutes ago, quickr said:

You know what Pete, I ignore you most of the time but when you start poking at my DesM..... you crossed the line mate. Don't you dare suggest things to WG. :Smile_izmena:

Ok, lets say that many other cruisers are underperforming compared to DM and need some love :cap_rambo:

• Funny 6

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
3,922 battles
13 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Then if you can't nerf them the answer is simple, buff everything else up the other way to restore balance.

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,109 posts
10,318 battles
5 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

When was the last time a russian non-test ship got nerfhammered?

Im not talking about kremlin aa retard nerf, but a significant one, similar to henri?

Khaba

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,062 posts
4,928 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, YabbaCoe sagte:

That did not stop you from nerfing the Graf Zeppelin for the 5th time. And yet again it's the one that gets hit the hardest by your ap bomb nerf. It needed a massive buff to make it viable. And you nerf it again? And now I could say it's German it's supposed to be bad. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles

Crying about the ''nerf'' of a cruiser which have one of the highest DPS in the game makes logic.

Speaking of rudder shift nerf - Good. Now this thing won't be able to troll-dodge citadels.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

The SAP ricochet angle nerf brings the SAP in line with all other SAP. Given how it already is workable enough on preceeding ships, it's not like Venezia will be worse, it'll just make it less silly when it pens almost perfectly angled ships.

The rudder nerf is basically half a second from neutral to hard over. Given how Italian rudder never was great to begin with, but the turning circle is, this reinforces the playstyle of starting turns timely to dodge.

Reload nerf is half a second ontop of 20s. If you can wait 20s, you can wait 20.5s. This isn't some Hindenburg-level or YY-level reload nerf that actually makes meaningful differences.

But hey, if people think everything before Venezia is crap and only Venezia is good, I'm not sad if such people drop the line. It's wasted on them anyway.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Khaba

Most recent would be Ognevoi getting defAA and losing a charge of smoke and speed boost in exchange.