Sign in to follow this  
png_1941

invisible

5 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,497 posts
929 battles
3 hours ago, Cpt_P4N0S_GR said:

Hello everyone, would you like someone to help me and explain to me what I am doing wrong and I can't see the destroyer? Thanks in advance

20200626_072042_PFSB506-Dunkerque-1940_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

Hi Captain, 

Yes, as Dome3 already mentioned to you couldn't see the DD because it was using Smoke. If you want some more clarification about this consumable and its effects you can consult our wiki 😊

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
On 6/26/2020 at 7:12 AM, Cpt_P4N0S_GR said:

Hello everyone, would you like someone to help me and explain to me what I am doing wrong and I can't see the destroyer?

Those are 2 different points.

The 2nd was already answered by @domen3, the Harekaze was in smoke which blocks line of sight like an island does

unless someone that is hidden by that smoke either by sitting in it or behind it fires their guns within their smoke-firing range of an enemy that has LOS, (that's what you did and what kept you spotted for the DD)

in which case that ship becomes visible for 20s or until the closest enemy with LOS gets further away the smoke firing range (or the full firing range if someone else gets an LOS that is not interrupted by smoke in the meantime).

As to what you did wrong:

-You stopped bow in when there were many BBs that could overmatch your bow (15'' guns or larger) on the enemy team and you had no DD-spotting or much support at all for that matter.

Ideally you should have angled away and just shot your guns rearwards so you can easily run away when things get dicey.

-You kept firing at that smoke when the DD within was at full HP, so not a quick kill which kept you spotted and and allowed that DD to just free-farming you.

-Additionally you charged the smoke, which brought you to within LOS/line of fire of several BBs that overmatch you (and kept you spotted for the DD) and made it very easy for him to yolo-torp you when his torps would have been reloaded.

Ideally you should have stopped shooting, reversed behind the island to go unspotted and then just turned away and ran away since that was a no-win situation for you.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this