You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Champagne

26 comments in this topic

Players
145 posts

Nice one

Now can we have Flandres @ some point? (3x3 406mm, t9 if Alsace hull or t10 if Bourgogne...)...just an idea ;)

Players
132 posts
185 battles

Maybe if you didn't keep introducing frustrating and broken mechanics this would be sitting with almost every other ship on my main, it looks interesting but your frustrating and broken mechanics and insistence on totally ignoring the community means i no longer buy anything in the game......interesting but a hard pass.

• Cool 5

Players
400 posts

I was looking forward to this ship she looks good something of a Super Spee in concept, great secondaries the works Money ready for the Admirals Pack :crab:  Then I noticed you forgot to put the armour and hit points on her, will these be buyable as an add on perhaps or should it be in the cruiser category, Turning up as bottom tier in random, Jeezus interesting times indeed :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
132 posts
185 battles
25 minutes ago, motor_g_b said:

I was looking forward to this ship she looks good something of a Super Spee in concept, great secondaries the works Money ready for the Admirals Pack :crab:  Then I noticed you forgot to put the armour and hit points on her, will these be buyable as an add on perhaps or should it be in the cruiser category :Smile_trollface:

They also failed to add armour plating to the new German ships, simply removed the forward citadel protection totally making it easy for russian pen and added the armour instead to the russian light/LMAO cruisers. So the "we accurately model the ships from blueprints" is another WG myth exposed. To see little armour on the French ships is no surprise...don't wanna be forcing those russian cruisers to use IFHE do we. Also since the KGB style censoring now on the CC's we don't even know if these things work or are balanced in any way at all...Anyone who buys a ship untested from WG gets what they deserve if its a junk.

WAY TO GO FOR CENSORSHIP lmao

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[MEBB]
Players
7 posts
10,343 battles

Yet another ship for the long range sniper brigade 30k range the REMFs will like that, yet more boring game play Yawn !!!.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
199 posts
8,230 battles

Its manny Money fore this Ship. When the Price 45 Euro and no 85 Euro then maybe OK . Bud soo no Thx WOWS. I have manny bedder Ships . Have Fun all.

• Cool 1

Players
10 posts
8,250 battles

I bought this ship today.

I am ... going to dump it tomorrow!! ;-)

Find it really hard and no fun to play, reason:

- guns are absolutely not as good as advertised,

- armour ... what armour?

- guns do not feel as 406, damage is mostly overpen (1,2k) or 3 to 4 k ... when lucky.

- you will only survive .. top tier or not, if you play way way back ..... and than hitting ..... almost nothing with your 6 barrels.

-secundaries .... massive luck if they hit something.

So not worth a penny, unless: guns are made more precise or armour a bit better so you can survive midrange battles. 

Anyone thoughts about my comments?

• Cool 1

[2PTS]
Players
63 posts
34,249 battles

stop making ships and try to ballance this freakin game every battle is a disaster your team or the opposition teams either die  in the first 8 minutes tops without even managing to kill more than one or two ships or the other way round this is no fun at all the game goes from bad to worse day by day game is unplayable 

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
153 posts
17,646 battles
8 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

They also failed to add armour plating to the new German ships, simply removed the forward citadel protection totally making it easy for russian pen and added the armour instead to the russian light/LMAO cruisers. So the "we accurately model the ships from blueprints" is another WG myth exposed. To see little armour on the French ships is no surprise...don't wanna be forcing those russian cruisers to use IFHE do we. Also since the KGB style censoring now on the CC's we don't even know if these things work or are balanced in any way at all...Anyone who buys a ship untested from WG gets what they deserve if its a junk.

WAY TO GO FOR CENSORSHIP lmao

Amazing - every single word in this verbal vomit is plain wrong. How do you even achieve this level of misinformation?

1) Breyers armour layout of final O-Project (1939 final design) shows no extended armour belts. Speaking of which - if you really want "historical armour" we should nerf Agir and Siegfried turrets to about 210mm. Those somehow escaped your "missing armor" rant.

20200413_212117.jpg

2) No matter how much you [edited] about it, Nevsky isn't worst offender when it comes to pushing CL boundaries - that honour goes to light cruiser Pensacola (yes, she was ordered as a light cruiser with 10 203mm guns) and Cleveland with its 14k tons displacement in 1940

3) Do yourself a favour and learn something about french naval doctrine. Apart from Richelieu-class, every ship had poor vertical but good horizontal protection of machinery spaces - which is - to nobody surprise - repeated at Champagne.

4) If the KGB-censure is a nod to Flologate - perhaps he might consider stopping being drama queen. It's not exactly normal procedure to make a post on twitter so his fans might rage and get in touch with mods of subreddit about his shadow ban TWO HOURS after the twitter post. If it´s a nod to iEG "letter" - that thing was proven factually incorrect and you really should refrain from reading disgruntled former employee trash talk. 

• Cool 2

[ADML]
Beta Tester
60 posts
18,638 battles

If you put back the Hermes operation, I'll buy that ship with the bundle and all.
But you need to put Hermes back, or my Credit Card will stay silent.

Players
400 posts

Well I've been playing at T8 since the Poor Champers was released and I've not come across a single one, are the poor :etc_swear:s getting shoved into T10 all the time? :Smile_sad:

Players
132 posts
185 battles
On 6/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, ScarecrowCZ said:

Amazing - every single word in this verbal vomit is plain wrong. How do you even achieve this level of misinformation?

1) Breyers armour layout of final O-Project (1939 final design) shows no extended armour belts. Speaking of which - if you really want "historical armour" we should nerf Agir and Siegfried turrets to about 210mm. Those somehow escaped your "missing armor" rant.

20200413_212117.jpg

2) No matter how much you [edited] about it, Nevsky isn't worst offender when it comes to pushing CL boundaries - that honour goes to light cruiser Pensacola (yes, she was ordered as a light cruiser with 10 203mm guns) and Cleveland with its 14k tons displacement in 1940

3) Do yourself a favour and learn something about french naval doctrine. Apart from Richelieu-class, every ship had poor vertical but good horizontal protection of machinery spaces - which is - to nobody surprise - repeated at Champagne.

4) If the KGB-censure is a nod to Flologate - perhaps he might consider stopping being drama queen. It's not exactly normal procedure to make a post on twitter so his fans might rage and get in touch with mods of subreddit about his shadow ban TWO HOURS after the twitter post. If it´s a nod to iEG "letter" - that thing was proven factually incorrect and you really should refrain from reading disgruntled former employee trash talk. 

Players
132 posts
185 battles

Princess, go to port and pull up the armour layouts of the ships mentioned...talk about vomit, you add blueprints and talk about armour belts...when i plainly said front citadel plate, you know the front, the bow...the nose, the pointy end, you get it yet...the front plate...they are missing, totally removed by WG. Jeez if your gonna spout about vomit at least look at the reviews and in game armour layouts. And learn to understand basic English princess....I'm being sarcastic when i mention the blueprint yours so stupidly intent on spouting your own vomit you failed to even understand. So where princess do i mention any extended armour belts. My whole post is about the forward citadel plate you know the bit protecting the pointy end from bow penetrations. I appreciate your pointless visit to la la land when digging up facts about ships and armour layouts not even mentioned...but i'll put it simply for you princess..in as few words as possible....they removed the citadel plate from the German ships (pointy end)...and one last thing princess...its a game...no ones expecting 100% accurate blueprint to server accuracy it is a game after all. But as almost every other ship in these classes has the citadel forward citadel plate its glaringly obvious they are no where to be seen on the German ship. CC's are prevented from reviewing ships fully now till after release, but the reviews are there....try looking and at least have the right area of armour before you start ranting about it. Jeez verbal vomit indeed.

Its a game, WG have decided to differentiate the classes based on gun class, IE your Pensacola in game is classified as a heavy cruiser due to its 203mm guns, and nevsky deemed light due to its smaller calibre. And are you aware in your attempt to appear superior in your history digging that many nations classified their ships differently, some by tonnage, some by guns some by armour. Even today there is no right or wrong when trying to fit ships of different nations into classes its not as black and white as dd,cl,bb ect there are a ton of national and historical reasons ships are put in classes by their nations. Get into your skull its a game, your facts are wrong, your grasp of the original post is also deeply flawed.

Flologate...what are you on about princess. Again you show your lack of basic English and go on another rant about some disgruntled former employee and conspiracy theories...its simple...KGB used to censor much of russian media. WG are now banning the CC's from reviews and opinions of upcoming ships till after release...you know similar to state and KGB censorship of russian media in the past. Do you need everything explained and broken down for you.

Now this pointless, miss read verbal shite your spouting is in response to our spat in game last week...you are pathetic, get a life.

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
153 posts
17,646 battles
17 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Princess, go to port and pull up the armour layouts of the ships mentioned...talk about vomit, you add blueprints and talk about armour belts...when i plainly said front citadel plate, you know the front, the bow...the nose, the pointy end, you get it yet...the front plate...they are missing, totally removed by WG. Jeez if your gonna spout about vomit at least look at the reviews and in game armour layouts. And learn to understand basic English princess....I'm being sarcastic when i mention the blueprint yours so stupidly intent on spouting your own vomit you failed to even understand. So where princess do i mention any extended armour belts. My whole post is about the forward citadel plate you know the bit protecting the pointy end from bow penetrations. I appreciate your pointless visit to la la land when digging up facts about ships and armour layouts not even mentioned...but i'll put it simply for you princess..in as few words as possible....they removed the citadel plate from the German ships (pointy end)...and one last thing princess...its a game...no ones expecting 100% accurate blueprint to server accuracy it is a game after all. But as almost every other ship in these classes has the citadel forward citadel plate its glaringly obvious they are no where to be seen on the German ship. CC's are prevented from reviewing ships fully now till after release, but the reviews are there....try looking and at least have the right area of armour before you start ranting about it. Jeez verbal vomit indeed.

Its a game, WG have decided to differentiate the classes based on gun class, IE your Pensacola in game is classified as a heavy cruiser due to its 203mm guns, and nevsky deemed light due to its smaller calibre. And are you aware in your attempt to appear superior in your history digging that many nations classified their ships differently, some by tonnage, some by guns some by armour. Even today there is no right or wrong when trying to fit ships of different nations into classes its not as black and white as dd,cl,bb ect there are a ton of national and historical reasons ships are put in classes by their nations. Get into your skull its a game, your facts are wrong, your grasp of the original post is also deeply flawed.

Flologate...what are you on about princess. Again you show your lack of basic English and go on another rant about some disgruntled former employee and conspiracy theories...its simple...KGB used to censor much of russian media. WG are now banning the CC's from reviews and opinions of upcoming ships till after release...you know similar to state and KGB censorship of russian media in the past. Do you need everything explained and broken down for you.

Now this pointless, miss read verbal shite your spouting is in response to our spat in game last week...you are pathetic, get a life.

ad the first paragraph: Get your terminology straight - your "front citadel plate" is called "fore/aft armoured belt" or "extended armoured belt" or "belt extension"- you know, the bit protecting the pointy end from bow/stern penetrations. O-Class lacked this "bit" in its final configuration and it was not being seriously considered since April 1939. So yes, the fore/aft 60mm armoured belt was removed - not by WG but by Kriegsmarine itself - in the late design stage. 

ad the second paragraph - Neither of those is light cruiser by WNT because as even you might notice - 180mm is more than 155mm.

ad the third paragraph - Almost as if reviewing of WIP ships gave the completely wrong idea of the final version of the ship.

As for the last one - I'm not even sure we met.  

EDIT: You should really learn how to quote posts.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,832 posts
6,852 battles

If you wanted to make Armor Historically Accurate in this Game. You would need to Rework not just the Armor of Literally every Single Ship.

But you would also need to Rework all of the Penetration, Damage and Especially Overmatch Mechanics.

Even most Battleships had only 10 and partially even less mm of Armor on the Bow unless they had an Ice Breaker.

Most DDs had no Armor at all. Having only a Hull of a few mm Thickness.

Most Light Cruisers only had Armor on the Belt and certain Deck Parts.

In WoWs only the Trademark Armor Parts like Main Belt, Conning Tower and Turret Front are usually in Line with Historical Values. And even there. There is alot of Exceptions.

Needless to say that almost all of the 32mm for T8 and above etc etc stuff. Is Wrong under Historical Aspects and if its Right anywhere thats likely an Coincidence and wasnt Intended or even Checked.

But in Reality. Overmatch did not exist. Even if Mighty Yamato Hit a Light Cruiser with 30mm Armor. The 30mm Armor was more than Capable of Deflecting that Shell if it Landed at 85 Degrees Angle to the Plate.

The Reason being that the Shells Tip never even Connected. Causing the Shell to Possibly Dent the Armor to some Degree. But still having 98% of the Force Pushing the Shell Further and thus Simply Bouncing off.

But in the Game we have Overmatch. Thats why they had to Increase Certain Armor Parts to not Allow Overmatch unless the Caliber is Intended to do so by Wargaming.

Moreover. Most Ships had the Combat Relevant and the Floating Relevant Stuff in the Heavily Armor Sections. So you Could Literally not Sink a Ship without actually Penetrationg the Strong Armor Parts of it.

And even making the Ship Combat Ineffective usually Required at least some Damage to Well Armor Parts.

But that would make alot of Ships Especially Light Cruisers and DDs Unplayable. Because they would have no way of actually Killing a Battleship. So Ships will get Damaged and Sunk even if you never hit anything but Superstructure.

Then there is the Absurd Damage of Torpedoes to Big Ships and the Hilariously Low Damage of Overpenetrations. Because In Reality. Torpedo Armor on Battleships was actually really Good. And many Torpedoes actually didnt cause any Significant Damage because they only hit the Torpedo Bulge Armor and thus caused some Listing due to Flooding the Torpedo Bulges but not do anything beyond that.

Meanwhile Overpenetrations could cause Significant Damage by Flying through the Ship and could also cause Significant Flooding when they Exited the Ship below the Waterline. But in the Game. Overpens are Basicly Treated like dealing almost no Damage at all.

This Game is not Historical Guys. Its an Full Blood Arcade Game. The Only even Remotely Historical Accurate Parts. Are the Ship Models and Names. Not Withstanding the Armor and other actual Values used for them.

And also not Withstanding alot of the Superstructure and AA Placements that WG Added to them which wasnt actually there.

(Paperships and Upgrades for Existing Ships that were Planned but never Build being Excempted here of course)

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
2,755 battles
1 hour ago, ScarecrowCZ said:

Get your terminology straight - your "front citadel plate" is called "fore/aft armoured belt" or "extended armoured belt" or "belt extension"

Sorry dude but the Front citadel plate was the piece that went across the beam of the ship to form the front of the citadel, typically as a reinforced bulkhead wall, there would be armoured bulkheads in front of that but WG ignore those for all ships. Extended belt was a continuation of the Main belt along the length of the ship, while these could be part of the ice breaker bow to form a continous piece of frontal protection that still wouldn't be part of the citadel protection.

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
153 posts
17,646 battles
20 minutes ago, The_White_Whale said:

Sorry dude but the Front citadel plate was the piece that went across the beam of the ship to form the front of the citadel, typically as a reinforced bulkhead wall, there would be armoured bulkheads in front of that but WG ignore those for all ships. Extended belt was a continuation of the Main belt along the length of the ship, while these could be part of the ice breaker bow to form a continous piece of frontal protection that still wouldn't be part of the citadel protection.

Awthawtship is improved as well - straight 110mm over 80-110-80 O-Class should have. Besides the only "controversy" with missing armor was the extended belt taken from wrong blueprints.  

Players
132 posts
185 battles
On 7/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, ScarecrowCZ said:

ad the first paragraph: Get your terminology straight - your "front citadel plate" is called "fore/aft armoured belt" or "extended armoured belt" or "belt extension"- you know, the bit protecting the pointy end from bow/stern penetrations. O-Class lacked this "bit" in its final configuration and it was not being seriously considered since April 1939. So yes, the fore/aft 60mm armoured belt was removed - not by WG but by Kriegsmarine itself - in the late design stage. 

ad the second paragraph - Neither of those is light cruiser by WNT because as even you might notice - 180mm is more than 155mm.

ad the third paragraph - Almost as if reviewing of WIP ships gave the completely wrong idea of the final version of the ship.

As for the last one - I'm not even sure we met.  

EDIT: You should really learn how to quote posts.

Princess...i'm impressed you can grab a few facts from wiki after the initial clash, what a genius, now if you had been smart enough to understand things that were stated its pretty obvious what front citadel plate means. If i had meant belt armour i would have said belt armour...but i didn't, most players here have never stood on a warship let alone gone all anal about it enough to trawl wiki pages. So I meant the front citadel plate. You know the plate defending the citadel from the front...names in the description. The fact you feel the need to jump on wiki for diagrams and blueprints and start randomly spouting ship parts nowhere near the obviously described front citadel plate...you know the plate WG put in the game to protect the citadel from the front, then you wouldn't feel the need to launch an attack.

Now WG removed the plate after first round of testing to destroy the ship as a pushing ship as it was described as fun and effective in this role. Something WG doesn't seem to want German ships to be in the game anymore. You are aware it's a game son ain't you? Also again you seem lack enough basic understanding to grasp WG have made ship classes based on gun calibre in the game. Nations for hundreds of years have classified their ships by their own needs, whether it be by calibre, armament or displacement. There is no definitive global ship classification. You have made an arguement out of nothing. WG take blueprints real or concept and adapt them how they want to in their eyes fit into the game. Always have always will, so their claim to "accurately recreate" is in itself inaccurate.

Get some perspective here, WG removed the "front citadel protection". Which they did i might add. How does something like that send you into melt down and a wiki frenzy....get a life, to follow me to the forum because we butted heads in game chat is pathetic and a little creepy son.

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
153 posts
17,646 battles
2 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Princess...i'm impressed you can grab a few facts from wiki after the initial clash, what a genius, now if you had been smart enough to understand things that were stated its pretty obvious what front citadel plate means. If i had meant belt armour i would have said belt armour...but i didn't, most players here have never stood on a warship let alone gone all anal about it enough to trawl wiki pages. So I meant the front citadel plate. You know the plate defending the citadel from the front...names in the description. The fact you feel the need to jump on wiki for diagrams and blueprints and start randomly spouting ship parts nowhere near the obviously described front citadel plate...you know the plate WG put in the game to protect the citadel from the front, then you wouldn't feel the need to launch an attack.

Now WG removed the plate after first round of testing to destroy the ship as a pushing ship as it was described as fun and effective in this role. Something WG doesn't seem to want German ships to be in the game anymore. You are aware it's a game son ain't you? Also again you seem lack enough basic understanding to grasp WG have made ship classes based on gun calibre in the game. Nations for hundreds of years have classified their ships by their own needs, whether it be by calibre, armament or displacement. There is no definitive global ship classification. You have made an arguement out of nothing. WG take blueprints real or concept and adapt them how they want to in their eyes fit into the game. Always have always will, so their claim to "accurately recreate" is in itself inaccurate.

Get some perspective here, WG removed the "front citadel protection". Which they did i might add. How does something like that send you into melt down and a wiki frenzy....get a life, to follow me to the forum because we butted heads in game chat is pathetic and a little creepy son.

The only armour removed was the fore/aft end belt and 21mm worth of deck. O-class had no "frontal citadel protection" you claim it had - athwartship got buffed even. So take your "front citadel plate" and (without any sort of respect, I would normally show to a human being) shove it to the place where you store your imaginary friends.

Ad second paragraph of something I would loathe to call post -  Ships within time period game encompasses were always classified by the caliber of armament and tonnage (depending on a treaty in effect) and that goes even retroactively.

Ad the last paragraph - WG removed fore/aft end belts which had not existed and 21mm worth of deck - surely you have a blueprint of O-class which has "front citadel plate" you claim it was meant to have and you can share it. As for our "butting of heads" - your last battle was in February this year ergo we couldn't have argued "last week" (having to make crap like this up is plain pathetic). Also, since you seem to have need to fabricate this, I highly doubt you have any sort of real-life you seem to love preaching about.

Players
132 posts
185 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, ScarecrowCZ said:

Ad the last paragraph - WG removed

Your even typing it yourself...how are you not grasping it LMAO...WG removed the plate from previous tests, your really boring me now. As for shoving what and where and not human comments thats a bit much princess.....dunno if thats ok in your turnip picking village but not alright in educated parts of the world...now take your toxicity elsewhere, your boring and irrelevant. Have a nice day.

[TORPZ]
[TORPZ]
Beta Tester
153 posts
17,646 battles
4 hours ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Your even typing it yourself...how are you not grasping it LMAO...WG removed the plate from previous tests, your really boring me now. As for shoving what and where and not human comments thats a bit much princess.....dunno if thats ok in your turnip picking village but not alright in educated parts of the world...now take your toxicity elsewhere, your boring and irrelevant. Have a nice day.

Again, what plate? Why did nobody but you notice it, why do you lack any evidence, why there isnt any devblog and why do german blueprints lack simple mention of that thing? 

And let me get something straight - in a world where proven liar like you dares to judge what is and isn't civilized, I would much rather stay uncivilized. 

Players
132 posts
185 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, ScarecrowCZ said:

Again, what plate? Why did nobody but you notice it, why do you lack any evidence, why there isnt any devblog and why do german blueprints lack simple mention of that thing? 

And let me get something straight - in a world where proven liar like you dares to judge what is and isn't civilized, I would much rather stay uncivilized. 

Your an idiot. WG removed the plate, a plate they had in test iterations, its that simple, cant be broken down any more simply for you than 2 letters...... WG, not me, not your mum and not Santa. WG. It's pretty sad your spending so many hours trawling through dev blogs ect when you can just watch a few youtube CC's displaying armour layouts in phase 1 and 2 of the tests, you really should get a life m8. Explains the terrible clan your in though for sure. If getting the last word in is the ultimate goal in your life then you win, you can only bang a stupids head against the wall so many times and my arms beginning to ache now, if its just beyond their comprehension you just gotta let it go. Your really boring me now i'm done lol.