Sign in to follow this  
aystaklos

and the lag continues

5 comments in this topic

[SFH]
Players
19 posts
4,262 battles

the same issue and again after the last update.

its not the pc

it happens random not every game

last day i palyed 3 hours straight nothing happens

today first game same old lag

it;s not only me

if the company can't fix it let's say it 

i communicate with the wargaming the last 3 months so that issue and no luck.

i5 - 8265

ram 4 gb

nvidia mx110

windows 10 64 bit

don't tell that is the ram or the pc because it would be like that in every game

this while you see starts and last for about 3 mins and then finish

so its not the pc

20200625_195204_PGSB108-Bismarck_53_Shoreside.wowsreplay

[-0_0-]
Players
245 posts
10,012 battles

I play a lot of multiplayer games and WOWS is the only one where I have lag and micro freezes, my ship just stops moving for 1 or 2 seconds every few minutes and then jumps to the right place, can't shoot and turn etc as well of course. I think their servers aren't very good. It happens to me a few times per battle. Fortunately it mostly don't happen during a very important moment, but once had it when I needed to dodge torps in my DD and couldn't and died

Players
2,141 posts
13,024 battles
14 hours ago, aystaklos said:

ram 4 gb

nvidia mx110

windows 10 64 bit

Totally not your PC, especially not your RAM :Smile_smile:

You are aware of the fact that Windows 10 consumes about 3GB of RAM on its own just in an idle state? And i've never seen WoWs use less than about 3GB as well. This means that your computer tries to hold at least 6GB of data in your 4GB RAM and consequently will start to swap data into the pagefile, which is a file on your storage device, probably HDD (i highly doubt you have a SSD in your system). So when you launch an app or have to load data in the game, it will read it from the swap file and this is extremely slooooooow, like you can go and brew a coffee slow. This 'lag' you may experience is probably your hard drive sweating to death under the workload.

Download a diagnostic tool such as Open Hardware Monitor, it's free and open source so it's safe to use. Look what it reports, what it tells you about your memory usage and so on. This might give you a clue what the real problem is with your computer. Your mobile GPU is also on the very weak end of the spectrum, especially for gaming.

I know you deny that it's the computer, especially RAM, but numbers don't lie. The reason why it sometimes work is simply, that some games loadless data, is less often access the pagefile. Also your computer has different workload in the background without you noticing it. I know, you doubt this as well, but open your task manage and go to the Details tab and look how dozens upon dozens of tasks are running in the background, consuming your resources. This is normal, your computer is just not good at handling it. But as i said, it is very easy to verify this by using the task manager or better, installing a tool such as open hardware monitor. Maybe you'll trust your own eyes if you see what the problem is.

• Cool 2

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
45 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Totally not your PC, especially not your RAM :Smile_smile:

You are aware of the fact that Windows 10 consumes about 3GB of RAM on its own just in an idle state? And i've never seen WoWs use less than about 3GB as well. This means that your computer tries to hold at least 6GB of data in your 4GB RAM and consequently will start to swap data into the pagefile, which is a file on your storage device, probably HDD (i highly doubt you have a SSD in your system). So when you launch an app or have to load data in the game, it will read it from the swap file and this is extremely slooooooow, like you can go and brew a coffee slow. This 'lag' you may experience is probably your hard drive sweating to death under the workload.

Download a diagnostic tool such as Open Hardware Monitor, it's free and open source so it's safe to use. Look what it reports, what it tells you about your memory usage and so on. This might give you a clue what the real problem is with your computer. Your mobile GPU is also on the very weak end of the spectrum, especially for gaming.

I know you deny that it's the computer, especially RAM, but numbers don't lie. The reason why it sometimes work is simply, that some games loadless data, is less often access the pagefile. Also your computer has different workload in the background without you noticing it. I know, you doubt this as well, but open your task manage and go to the Details tab and look how dozens upon dozens of tasks are running in the background, consuming your resources. This is normal, your computer is just not good at handling it. But as i said, it is very easy to verify this by using the task manager or better, installing a tool such as open hardware monitor. Maybe you'll trust your own eyes if you see what the problem is.

This.

Plus I wanna add that  4 GB of RAM is in general low for today standards. You need at least 8 GB. @aystaklos