You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hms_Artful

WoWs replays

6 comments in this topic

Question

[INTRO]
Players
35 posts
1,400 battles

Hi, I just wanted to ask a few things:

1. Is there a 'free camera' mode, and if so how do you access it as well as use it EDIT: what controls are there for manipulating the view that you see, if so what are they?
  2. How can you 'save' a replay file so that you can watch it at any time, regardless of the update? (includes via screen recorders/external software, any recommendations will be useful).
  3. How can you hide the overlay (for information) so that you are only left with the base image (hide controls etc)?

I have already watched replays back, but only from this version (0.9.5/6 (not sure, version as of 25/06/2020)

I have also already looked at forum posts (maybe from different server group), and YT vids, but they are all to the version(s) where you had to edit files manually.

Thanks in advance.

HMS_Artful

Edited by Hms_Artful
To add clarity/ask extra about a section of my question.

5 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,866 posts
14,654 battles
39 minutes ago, Hms_Artful said:

Is there a 'free camera' mode, and if so how do you access it as well as use it?

Left Ctrl + Left Shift + Backspace enables free camera.

How can you 'save' a replay file so that you can watch it at any time, regardless of the update? (includes via screen recorders/external software, any recommendations will be useful).

Watching older replays is troublesome, if youre happy to just have the videos then you can record them with something like nvidia shadowplay, thats what I use so not really sure of many current alternatives but its useless to you if you're not using an nvidia graphics card.

How can you hide the overlay (for information) so that you are only left with the base image (hide controls etc)?

Left Ctrl + J

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
10,041 battles
35 minutes ago, Hms_Artful said:

Hi, I just wanted to ask a few things:

1. Is there a 'free camera' mode, and if so how do you access it as well as use it?

Hello,

there are two free camera options:

• After your ship sinks, you can just press "Shift" and you switch to free cam that allows youto zoom through the battlefield.
  • There is one more way, but warning, do not use this while in battle - it is good for training rooms or again, when you are sunk, because the controls atake some time to get used to and while it is a great thing for beauty shots, it is not a great thing for actual gameplay ;) Press "Ctrl+Shift+Backspace".

1. How can you 'save' a replay file so that you can watch it at any time, regardless of the update? (includes via screen recorders/external software, any recommendations will be useful).

The only way to do this reliably is to store old clients, sadly. 

1. How can you hide the overlay (for information) so that you are only left with the base image (hide controls etc)?

"Ctrl+J"

I have already watched replays back, but only from this version (0.9.5/6 (not sure, version as of 25/06/2020)

I have also already looked at forum posts (maybe from different server group), and YT vids, but they are all to the version(s) where you had to edit files manually.

Thanks in advance.

HMS_Artful

[INTRO]
Players
35 posts
1,400 battles
4 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Hello,

there are two free camera options:

• After your ship sinks, you can just press "Shift" and you switch to free cam that allows youto zoom through the battlefield.
  • There is one more way, but warning, do not use this while in battle - it is good for training rooms or again, when you are sunk, because the controls atake some time to get used to and while it is a great thing for beauty shots, it is not a great thing for actual gameplay ;) Press "Ctrl+Shift+Backspace".

The only way to do this reliably is to store old clients, sadly. 

"Ctrl+J"

I was talking about a free camera in the replay, but thanks.

How do you store old clients?

Thanks.

[INTRO]
Players
35 posts
1,400 battles
On 6/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Watching older replays is troublesome, if youre happy to just have the videos then you can record them with something like nvidia shadowplay, thats what I use so not really sure of many current alternatives but its useless to you if you're not using an nvidia graphics card.

Thanks, I've found the recording to be good.