You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gvozdika

Rejoice - let the CV AP nerf come to pass!

137 comments in this topic

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,077 battles

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/38?fbclid=IwAR1qIyf02qcY6S3k8q9ajatZ9NOnyFHciiAHnzAAHehoJ2rA87pgOGdZ6ew

My only complaint is that they've taken the best part of two years to actually work out that CV AP bombs are a bit too powerful in their ability to chunk AA cruisers out of existence. I suspect quite a lot of feedback was screaming that this was the case since the Rework went live back in Feb 2019.

If we maintain this lightning-rapid response to game balance - I can't wait to see how quickly they sort out subs once they go into Randoms. 2025? 

Sarcasm aside - a good change if they get it through. I'd be in favour of scrapping them altogether for the impact they have on CAs but I'll take what I can.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[_OC_]
Players
93 posts
1,348 battles

I don't think the issue with CVs is AP bomb damage, it's the oppressive way they act upon in the game, spoiling the experience for all other players in the game. WG won't fix that, but they'll jump on Venezia's unique selling point at the drop of a hat.

• Cool 4

Players
569 posts

Head -> Desk.

The CV - DD interaction is way more problematic than the CV - CA interaction. Nerfing AP bombs is fine, but the ridiculous spotting needs to go.

Also wierd that the def AA buff mentions the US silver DDs, but not Monaghan, Sims and Kidd. 

• Cool 8

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,077 battles
10 minutes ago, Captaindanz said:

Main issue isn't the damage the ap bombs can deal, even though it's massive, biggest issue is how useless aa is in the current meta.

True - but we're talking about WG here. They'll work that one out next year. 

1 minute ago, Mastodon2 said:

I don't think the issue with CVs is AP bomb damage, it's the oppressive way they act upon in the game, spoiling the experience for all other players in the game. WG won't fix that, but they'll jump on Venezia's unique selling point at the drop of a hat.

Yeah - they might twig onto that 2022 or thereabouts.

The issue that irked me was that you had a trio of terrible mechanics that made playing in an AA cruiser pretty bad vs. CVs with AP.

1) Slingshot - they just yolo past all of your AA. Now removed (after a full year someone at WG worked out it was a thing). 

2) Most of the overall AA damage delivered in the form of flak. Still a thing - long range AA isn't a deterrent unless the CV is actively TRYING to fly into your flak clouds. AA cruisers aren't particularly good at AA....

3) AP bombs - basically you could be taken out in two strikes. Less of a thing now albeit an AP strike will still hurt a lot. 

1 minute ago, thisismalacoda said:

Head -> Desk.

The CV - DD interaction is way more problematic than the CV - CA interaction. Nerfing AP bombs is fine, but the ridiculous spotting needs to go.

Also wierd that the def AA buff mentions the US silver DDs, but not Monaghan, Sims and Kidd. 

C'mon people. 17% AP damage reduction has probably sent the spreadsheet into a numerical tailspin. Removing omniscient spotting from CVs would probably make the servers fall over....

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
144 posts
6,360 battles

I am fully on board with all these changes EXCEPT the freaking Graf zep nerf.

HOW MUCH DOES THAT SHIP HAVE TO SUFFER?

You're basically forced into meme gameplay because its planes are becoming even more useless with each passing "let's balans dive bombers" WG decision that never goes around graf's Premium Protection shield.

Jesus.

Just remove the ship and refund people, be done with it.

• Cool 4

Players
569 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, CroPanzer sagte:

I am fully on board with all these changes EXCEPT the freaking Graf zep nerf.

HOW MUCH DOES THAT SHIP HAVE TO SUFFER?

You're basically forced into meme gameplay because its planes are becoming even more useless with each passing "let's balans dive bombers" WG decision that never goes around graf's Premium Protection shield.

Jesus.

Just remove the ship and refund people, be done with it.

That's actually a buff. Aiming goes faster.

Just saying.

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

They should work towards making AA relevant again so you can defend yourself.

Also what happened to not nerfing premiums ?

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
22 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Rip Venezia :/

Lol they barely scratched her

Beta Tester
939 posts
11,951 battles

Awesome, now I won't lose 80% of my hp when I try to defend a cap.

Now we only have to wait 2 more years for nerfs to rocket planes.

Players
101 posts
5,826 battles
4 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Just saying.

Now they just need to hit more than once in a blue moon... GZ bombers are useless. Even with perfectly timed and aimed drops you rarely get any worthwhile damage out of them: They're really a last resort thing when your other squadrons are depleted.

I wonder what this means for German upcomin AP rockets...
It is hard not feeling a little bit of toxcity with this, since it is, again German ships that get the shaft.
I'd bet real money that Russian carriers will have HE bombs.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
564 posts
1 minute ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

No, Comrade ... they will have Semi-Armor Piercing Bombs because if only GLORIOUS SOVIET NAVY had Aircraft Carriers the Great Patriotic War would had ended in 1942.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
392 posts
3,934 battles
27 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Rip Venezia :/

Nice overreaction.

Those venezia nerfs barely even changes anything.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
939 posts
11,951 battles
5 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

It is hard not feeling a little bit of toxcity with this, since it is, again German ships that get the shaft.

Just wait. Russian CV bombers will drop mini nukes, the fighters will be MIG-21's, and the rocket planes launches AShM 's. (Anti ship guided missiles.)

Players
2,759 posts
15,329 battles
5 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

Nope. For Ru CVs WG has A-bombs planned. 

[NEXT]
Players
6,213 posts
12,222 battles
34 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/38?fbclid=IwAR1qIyf02qcY6S3k8q9ajatZ9NOnyFHciiAHnzAAHehoJ2rA87pgOGdZ6ew

My only complaint is that they've taken the best part of two years to actually work out that CV AP bombs are a bit too powerful in their ability to chunk AA cruisers out of existence. I suspect quite a lot of feedback was screaming that this was the case since the Rework went live back in Feb 2019.

If we maintain this lightning-rapid response to game balance - I can't wait to see how quickly they sort out subs once they go into Randoms. 2025? 

Sarcasm aside - a good change if they get it through. I'd be in favour of scrapping them altogether for the impact they have on CAs but I'll take what I can.

I see an issue in T10 Cbs.

It was dominated by Hakuryu, Venezia and Staling.

2 of 3 get nerfed. And Haku was actually picked because of stationary crusers like Stalin :D

Players
1,186 posts
13,523 battles

Cvs already don't do crap. Its become a pain to play, AA is simpler and stronger than ever, and its very hard to deal any damage at all. 

I'm a CV fan, but if you continue nerfing CVs like this, just give me back my money & remove the class really

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[NEXT]
Players
6,213 posts
12,222 battles
3 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Cvs already don't do crap. Its become a pain to play, AA is simpler and stronger than ever, and its very hard to deal any damage at all. 

I'm a CV fan, but if you continue nerfing CVs like this, just give me back my money & remove the class really

People want no fly zones :cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

And Haku was actually picked because of stationary crusers like Stalin :D

No, CVs in general were picked because they are better than BBs. Haku is just better than the others often enough, since DDs automatically got removed aswell due to CVs.

Stalingrad was the most obvious choice, longrange railguns with strong AP and good HP. Venezia made it harder for CVs due to smoke, while also having good ballistics to hit ships at range. And pluging fire actually exists for Venezia at >20km.

4 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

The concept is broken, good players are still able to dominate the game. There is no balancing possible which would make it any better (not to mention, why should a noob be allowed to be good in CVs, when he sucks in any other class?)

• Cool 9

[-S3I-]
Players
175 posts
4,187 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

The concept is broken, good players are still able to dominate the game. There is no balancing possible which would make it any better (not to mention, why should a noob be allowed to be good in CVs, when he sucks in any other class?)

How many of them are in the game? 

And what chance the other team has if your team has super unicums in ANY ship class?

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,077 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

People want no fly zones :cap_cool:

Not really - I'd just like a class that doesn't kybosh the game thanks.

If you want a toy you can just YOLO past any and all defences then I can see where you are coming from. Otherwise think of this as an opportunity for self-improvement. Adapt to new changes. Embrace them. Enjoy the challenge. Otherwise my advice to you is the following. 

JuS t DoDGe!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
144 posts
6,360 battles
30 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Just saying.

Nerfing AP damage is a buff?

To make graf work, you need to aim it a wee bit before even starting a run, it's already fully aimed, it really changes nothing, even if it did, it would be far too little to make it worthwhile.

• Cool 2

Players
1,186 posts
13,523 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

No, CVs in general were picked because they are better than BBs. Haku is just better than the others often enough, since DDs automatically got removed aswell due to CVs.

Stalingrad was the most obvious choice, longrange railguns with strong AP and good HP. Venezia made it harder for CVs due to smoke, while also having good ballistics to hit ships at range. And pluging fire actually exists for Venezia at >20km.

The whole point is, good people *should* be allowed to be good in carriers, but they are not. It is freaking impossible to hit your enemies with most CVs, unless they dont try to dodge. It is impossible to score good damage, and in something like a Graf Zeppelin you can't even reliably citadel anything anyway- even though AP bombers are its primary weapon supposedly- and now they're nerfing the crap out of it. 
Not good.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1