Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoSoRetroJakko

Ignis/Ragnarock Secondary Rework

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
48 posts
12,615 battles

So i decided to jump into the new warhammer boat, while i'm having fun and some decent games in it, it doesn't feel very warhammer, sure it looks the part and the captain is semi decent (Needs more Emperor), the ship feels very bland to play.

You would think a warhammer boat would be the definition of "Drive Me Closer I Want to Hit Them With My Sword", so where are the good secondaries (Probably in the same recycling bin as the Agir's ones, sigh"

 

Is there any chance this could be reworked post launch, i feel like the design department put in the effort but the balancing guys either didn't care or ran out of time because one does not bend the timesheet in Wargaming

 

EDIT: I know Wargaming isn't one to go back and change things, because hey, money, but in this case you would get more people interested if it was actually somewhat fun for most to play and enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[K117]
[K117]
Players
71 posts

Amagi's 2ndaries ARE good. And, true to your wish "Drive me closer!", they are rather short ranged. I enjoy her very much, and I brawl with her on every occasion - close enough to be considered at boarding distance, if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,773 posts
15,168 battles

Amazing has a lot of secondaries and the 140mm have Massachusetts style improved dispersion. Give the a 7.5km base range and Amagi would be a very strong secondary ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
6,456 battles

bearing in mind they have 33s reload and 0.1 worse sigma than tech tree amagi i really hope they change them to fit more in line with warhammer playstyles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,709 battles
15 minutes ago, Sexy_Nightmare said:

bearing in mind they have 33s reload and 0.1 worse sigma than tech tree amagi i really hope they change them to fit more in line with warhammer playstyles

The sigma is 0.1 better than regular Amagi, not worse. Worse reload, better shell distribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
On 6/25/2020 at 6:00 AM, NoSoRetroJakko said:

Is there any chance this could be reworked post launch,

Ships are out and are not likely to be changed in any way unless its some "systemic" change happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
270 posts
3,016 battles
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

So you want to roll dice? :Smile_smile:

It's a RNG game anyway.

 

The worse reload is daft on a Warhammer ship, noone could say the 40k world features a 'lack of dakka'. They should have heavily nerfed the main gun range and buffed secondaries and added the kii torps. Go all in on suicide fighting.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, PeteEarthling said:

So you want to roll dice? :Smile_smile:

Arent we doing that anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
15 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Arent we doing that anyway?

There is a notable difference between a random adjustment of dispersion (CEP) and a random generation of accuracy in general. In WoWs, RNG will generally not cause all shots of a well-aimed salvo miss the target entirely, while in WH a bad roll often results in scoring no hits at all regardless how favorable position, range and LoS are. At least that is my experience with both games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
48 posts
12,615 battles
13 hours ago, The_White_Whale said:

It's a RNG game anyway.

 

The worse reload is daft on a Warhammer ship, noone could say the 40k world features a 'lack of dakka'. They should have heavily nerfed the main gun range and buffed secondaries and added the kii torps. Go all in on suicide fighting.

 

 

This. After playing it abit i thought why did they not use the Kii/TIrpitz, Reduced Main Battery range for better performing secondarires. Once again i think it was just some lazy tie in they did (WOT got a whole new tank model for they tie in)

 

Once again i enjoy the ship but it does feel somewhat half arsed, heck i would have loved them do have done a campaign to get a special captain (Such as the Admiral from Gothic Armada 2), with a Talent called "For The Emperor" which enhances secondary reload when low on health or something along those lines

 

EDIT: At least on Tanks Blitz i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEGIO]
Players
644 posts
9,811 battles

Hello all. I bought the Ragnarök. And feel like she is very accurate. Felt like I really hit where I aimed. 0.1 is not that much improvement, but still. I like MrRagnar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,773 posts
15,168 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoRetroJakko said:

This. After playing it abit i thought why did they not use the Kii/TIrpitz, Reduced Main Battery range for better performing secondarires. Once again i think it was just some lazy tie in they did (WOT got a whole new tank model for they tie in)

 

Once again i enjoy the ship but it does feel somewhat half arsed, heck i would have loved them do have done a campaign to get a special captain (Such as the Admiral from Gothic Armada 2), with a Talent called "For The Emperor" which enhances secondary reload when low on health or something along those lines

 

EDIT: At least on Tanks Blitz i think

Kii’s secondaries have better pen and dpm but far worse accuracy.

Kii also has an altered turtleback so takes more citadels.

 

Kii is a worse Amagi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×