You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Shikishima HE alpha damage

11 comments in this topic

Players
1,186 posts
13,523 battles

Hello, 

I would like to suggest a minor and hardly relevant buff to the Shikishima. The Shikishima clearly relies on its massive AP shell damage to deal damage, but whats odd about the Shikishima is that it has by comparison the worst HE shells from any of the IJN battleships. 
In precise terms, the normal HE alpha damage for IJN BBs is between 55% and slightly under 50% of the AP alpha. 
In the case of the Shikishima this would boil down to a range of 9000-10500 HE damage, with the high end being more likely in fact. 

However, the actual HE alpha of the Shikishima is only 8300- only slightly higher than Thunderers 8200 damage 457mm shells, while also not significantly higher than Yamatos at 7300. 

Traditionally, back in Beta test, strong HE shells were always an important feature for IJN battleships and in my opinion it would be a shame if that went totally lost in the Shikishima. Since you should be using AP only anyway, that one time you DO load HE, make it hit really, really hard. 

Suggested value: 9500 (i do understand the problem of high alpha & high pen HE shells, just think the current value is really too low). 

Grtz Isoruku_yamamoto 

• Cool 1

Players
7,567 posts
245 battles

I would prefer a buff to her penetration rates for AP, as in much higher than yammy's and some of her accuracy (Not too much, to make her mental maybe a 15% buff or something.

sort of off topic:

And with my secondary obsession gib better secondary range and AA range and tick rate buff pls.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

BB HE should be reworked entirely... they dont need DoT aka fires.

0% Firechance, instead buff the HE damage especially on those having weak HE right now. Average player is so obsessed with fires, that it should be removed to make the game healthier.

But dont make it as strong as SAP - thats also dumb.

• Cool 1

Players
7,567 posts
245 battles
30 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

0% Firechance, instead buff the HE damage especially on those having weak HE right now. Average player is so obsessed with fires, that it should be removed to make the game healthier.

Ye i agree with that, also want royal navy HE to toned down as well to make their AP more viable as well.

Since having HE rounds for fire just for russian bb's isn't a great reason entirely.

Dat way humpty dumpty can't spam HE at the back with fires while falling of the wall.

[RODS]
Players
1,825 posts
7,824 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

They could keep the fire chance but reduce the fire damage

I dunno, opening that can of worms could be a big mistake too

Many ships are balanced with good He and poor AP (among many other factors)

WG are already in up to their ears in trying to balance everything with their global buffs, nerfs, CV rework, armour rework etc. (subs ?)

The take this or give that strategy doesn´t always work either when they marginally try to "fix" under or over performing individual ships

How many ships are there in the game, how many need a buff / nerf ? And already so many that are at the most mediocre or power creeped

Players
434 posts
6,857 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Isoruku_Yamamoto sagte:

Hello, 

I would like to suggest a minor and hardly relevant buff to the Shikishima. The Shikishima clearly relies on its massive AP shell damage to deal damage, but whats odd about the Shikishima is that it has by comparison the worst HE shells from any of the IJN battleships. 
In precise terms, the normal HE alpha damage for IJN BBs is between 55% and slightly under 50% of the AP alpha. 
In the case of the Shikishima this would boil down to a range of 9000-10500 HE damage, with the high end being more likely in fact. 

However, the actual HE alpha of the Shikishima is only 8300- only slightly higher than Thunderers 8200 damage 457mm shells, while also not significantly higher than Yamatos at 7300. 

Traditionally, back in Beta test, strong HE shells were always an important feature for IJN battleships and in my opinion it would be a shame if that went totally lost in the Shikishima. Since you should be using AP only anyway, that one time you DO load HE, make it hit really, really hard. 

Suggested value: 9500 (i do understand the problem of high alpha & high pen HE shells, just think the current value is really too low). 

Grtz Isoruku_yamamoto 

you realy want to shoot he in Shikishima?

• Cool 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
10 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

This! Removing HE would be the right course of action when your AP shell weigh more and are as big as a car.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
41 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

29 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

This! Removing HE would be the right course of action when your AP shell weigh more and are as big as a car.

15 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Using HE in Yamato/shikishiki is an insult to its AP :Smile_bajan2:

If id have a Smolensk close to me, i wouldnt hesitate to load HE to be able to citadel it (even with Yamato) because AP overpens it...

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If id have a Smolensk close to me, i wouldnt hesitate to load HE to be able to citadel it (even with Yamato) because AP overpens it...

True but it is just one ship out of 350? :Smile_Default:

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Honestly, the only thing BB HE needs is a rebalance so HE either has good alpha or good fire chance, like it was when the IJn and USN BBs got introduced and just not both. Getting HE damage higher and reducing fire chance to 0 basically means BB HE is less of an issue to ships that burn a lot, like BBs and much more of any class that just gets nuked by the alpha. I know people who are almost as afraid of something like Thunderer as they are about Venezia in a DD, because who doesn't want to get spotted and absolutely demolished by huge non-overpenning alpha strikes in the ~20k hp non-repairable ship? 

• Cool 1