Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Thanks Crysantos

86 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

You did it this time @Crysantos :cap_haloween:

After you said recently on stream, that WG secretly nerfs ships every patch (like tirpitz) all those tinfoilhat guys are running wild everywhere (streams f.e.) claiming its the truth

 

10/10 Crysantos trolling the community :cap_like:

 

Yes i know, not much use in that topic, but i had to share it :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
101 posts
5,826 battles

While I personally find this quite funny, it is definately not clever move to troll your customers in an official function, spreading misinformation... ESPECIALLY with the strong opinion of Russian bias in the community. If I were his boss, he'd get a stern talking from me...

  • Cool 9
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
Players
565 posts
4,933 battles
13 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

While I personally find this quite funny, it is definately not clever move to troll your customers in an official function, spreading misinformation... ESPECIALLY with the strong opinion of Russian bias in the community. If I were his boss, he'd get a stern talking from me...

Didn't do Gerald Ratner any harm... 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,077 battles

Oh but they DO nerf Russian ships. Haven't you seen how much the AA HP nerf has utterly crippled the Kremlin? If that doesn't do it I'm sure they'll bring out the big guns and start hitting it where it hurts. 

 

Expect 1mm of plating on the funnels and masts to be taken off. That'll nerf bat it to existence. 

 

Meanwhile, other ships get their secondaries range cut by 1/3 - reload nerfed by more than 10% - entire citadels raised in one fell swoop - entire playstyles and utilities removed from the game (Atlanta AA says hi). It does seem the nerfing approach of softly - slowly - gradually only appears to apply on one group of ships in particular. 

 

Just saying. 

 

 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
23 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You did it this time @Crysantos :cap_haloween:

After you said recently on stream, that WG secretly nerfs ships every patch (like tirpitz) all those tinfoilhat guys are running wild everywhere (streams f.e.) claiming its the truth

 

10/10 Crysantos trolling the community :cap_like:

 

Yes i know, not much use in that topic, but i had to share it :Smile_hiding:

but what if its true? @Crysantos  self is not game developer. what if developers actually todo that ?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
101 posts
5,826 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Didn't do Gerald Ratner any harm... 

Had to look up the dude, but one might say that jewelry is different from data that is not being disclosed/could not be disclosed in truth vs a physical object that you can own and examine.
Still a bad move in the gaming industry. I mean SC2 could have pulled it off successfully because it was pretty tightly balanced in the first place.
In this game however? You better keep quiet and try to dispel rumours, not create some.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
6 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

but what if its true? @Crysantos  self is not game developer. what if developers actually todo that ?

 

You think if it would be true, he would just say it? Without getting fired?

It wasnt the only sarcastic thing he said btw, there was more...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

You think if it would be true, he would just say it? Without getting fired?

It wasnt the only sarcastic thing he said btw, there was more...

doesn't matter really for me because i seen this before in other games , lack off communication between developers and community  managers  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,702 posts
12 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Oh but they DO nerf Russian ships. Haven't you seen how much the AA HP nerf has utterly crippled the Kremlin? If that doesn't do it I'm sure they'll bring out the big guns and start hitting it where it hurts. 

 

Expect 1mm of plating on the funnels and masts to be taken off. That'll nerf bat it to existence. 

 

Meanwhile, other ships get their secondaries range cut by 1/3 - reload nerfed by more than 10% - entire citadels raised in one fell swoop - entire playstyles and utilities removed from the game (Atlanta AA says hi). It does seem the nerfing approach of softly - slowly - gradually only appears to apply on one group of ships in particular. 

 

Just saying. 

 

 

 

The Russian ships quite understandably need to be nerfed to bring their performance level closer to the fleets of lesser naval powers. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

all those tinfoilhat guys are running wild everywhere (streams f.e.) claiming its the truth

 

Why am I not surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,477 posts
15,412 battles
38 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You did it this time @Crysantos :cap_haloween:

After you said recently on stream, that WG secretly nerfs ships every patch (like tirpitz) all those tinfoilhat guys are running wild everywhere (streams f.e.) claiming its the truth

 

10/10 Crysantos trolling the community :cap_like:

 

Yes i know, not much use in that topic, but i had to share it :Smile_hiding:

Unfortunately these topics always existed and when we talked about it on stream, it was in an obvious joking manner - as we sometimes do even here on forums. The best way to deal with these tinfoil theories is to just show people that it's a silly thought - but if you run into any topics where players take this out of context (because our entire stream was fine with it and understood it) I'm happy to clarify it.

 

Also for context - in the German community the "did they nerf the Tirpitz" question is a well-known tradition and you couldn't imagine the amount of times I had to confirm after each patch for the last 4 years that we did indeed not nerf the ship :cap_haloween:

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Funny 12
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,313 posts
11,668 battles
1 minute ago, Crysantos said:

when we talked about it on stream, it was in an obvious joking manner

 

I saw the stream in question and it was absolutly obvious, that it wasnt serious.

 

37 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

While I personally find this quite funny, it is definately not clever move to troll your customers in an official function, spreading misinformation... ESPECIALLY with the strong opinion of Russian bias in the community. If I were his boss, he'd get a stern talking from me... 

 

I get what you are saying but if even during community streaming activities we have to be 100% correct and sensible then where is the fun. Do we really want life to be so boring and restricted, that we have to think 50 times about every word, before we actually open our mouth?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,477 posts
15,412 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I bet they nerfed Mikasa too! :Smile-angry:

Only its torpedo armament :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Also for context - in the German community the "did they nerf the Tirpitz" question is a well-known tradition and you couldn't imagine the amount of times I had to confirm after each patch for the last 4 years that we did indeed not nerf the ship

At least once, after every single patch, would be my bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,477 posts
15,412 battles
47 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

While I personally find this quite funny, it is definately not clever move to troll your customers in an official function, spreading misinformation... ESPECIALLY with the strong opinion of Russian bias in the community. If I were his boss, he'd get a stern talking from me...

Such things have to be seen in context and we stream every two weeks in German, with a lot of loyal viewers and a very casual approach we've established over the past two years. It's part of building a community and having a friendly relationship - the feedback for these streams has been very good and there were so far no complaints about this. Not everybody will be a fan of this approach but the sad truth is we will never be able to make everybody happy in content creation - but my approach has always been to create as much transparency, communication and a personal, upfront approach. The great thing about streams is if anybody has a question or takes things the wrong way, we can easily clarify it immediately and make sure they don't misunderstand it. But just as with any other means of communication - if somebody wants to misquote me, he will find a way to do it and twist it.

 

But anyway I don't want to sacrifice this positive relationship with the majority for a few players who actively want to misunderstand it.

 

4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

At least once, after every single patch, would be my bet.

Yep, unfortunately!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Unfortunately these topics always existed and when we talked about it on stream, it was in an obvious joking manner - as we sometimes do even here on forums. The best way to deal with these tinfoil theories is to just show people that it's a silly thought - but if you run into any topics where players take this out of context (because our entire stream was fine with it and understood it) I'm happy to clarify it.

 

Also for context - in the German community the "did they nerf the Tirpitz" question is a well-known tradition and you couldn't imagine the amount of times I had to confirm after each patch for the last 4 years that we did indeed not nerf the ship :cap_haloween:

 

Greetings, Crysantos


I tried to tell them, that it was obviously sarcasm, but then i got told "dont you think i notice myself, that ships get worse and worse" :cap_fainting:

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
10 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Unfortunately these topics always existed and when we talked about it on stream, it was in an obvious joking manner - as we sometimes do even here on forums. The best way to deal with these tinfoil theories is to just show people that it's a silly thought - but if you run into any topics where players take this out of context (because our entire stream was fine with it and understood it) I'm happy to clarify it.

Looks like such topics are on the rise again.

And yes, lack of transparancy is encouraging people to be like this.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:


I tried to tell them, that it was obviously sarcasm, but then i got told "dont you think i notice myself, that ships get worse and worse" :cap_fainting:

Confirmation bias is a very strong thing, that is for sure. Also, I am sure you have noticed your fair share of "has (ship) ben nerfed recently" threads since you joined the forums, because I sure have.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,717 battles

They may not nerf ships directly, but older ships are definitely being nerfed indirectly with the addition of stronger ships.

 

 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,532 posts
13,091 battles

I KNEW IT! 

What did you do to my ENTERPRISE... ????

 

Oh.. shoot.. I don't have an enterprise.. .still..

giphy.gif

 

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,477 posts
15,412 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like such topics are on the rise again.

And yes, lack of transparancy is encouraging people to be like this.

But that's the thing I don't understand - there is so much transparency, especially if you compare to like 2-3 years ago. Any change in testing is published weeks in advance and published across forums, portal, SM and even presented on streams, every single slight balance change is noted in the patch notes and so on. I understand if people don't agree with every decision but we do communicate them a lot.

 

4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I tried to tell them, that it was obviously sarcasm, but then i got told "dont you think i notice myself, that ships get worse and worse" :cap_fainting:

They choose to believe what they want to believe - and there's little we can do to change their opinion. We try, we pick up these questions to provide players with answers but I've been doing this for years by now - sometimes the best way is to try to use a different approach with a bit of fun, especially since we've been answering such questions in most cases with clear, serious answers.

 

Anyways, feel free to ping me in topics where people misunderstood me and I will clarify what I can. :Smile_honoring:

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:


I tried to tell them, that it was obviously sarcasm, but then i got told "dont you think i notice myself, that ships get worse and worse" :cap_fainting:

 

If secret nerfs is the answer they are looking for, then secret nerfs is the answer they will find, to the point of taking a joke out of context and calling it truth. 

 

That's how it works. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,532 posts
13,091 battles
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

But that's the thing I don't understand - there is so much transparency, especially it if you compare to like 2-3 years ago. Any change in testing is published weeks in advance and published across forums, portal, SM and even presented on streams, every single slight balance change is noted in the patch notes and so on. I understand if people don't agree with every decision but we do communicate them a lot.

The problem is, some people, they don't believe anything "The Man" says.. which is WG here.. 

They believe the company will lie about anything and everything at everytime... because... reasons.. 

 

the only point I really cannot understand... since your life cannot depend on a video game.. 

Why would you stick around in forums and in game every day after day after day If you believe the company of that game is so evil, liar, cheater (add enough number of negative personal traits here) 

 

It is like being in an abusive relationship :) 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
4 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

They believe the company will lie about anything and everything at everytime... because... reasons.. 

 

Easier to belive that the company will lie about something than admit you're the one wrong, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×