Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Tnx WG for baltimore change!

9 comments in this topic

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

I played my First battles in the Baltimore since it was moved to tier 8 in the current ranked sprint.

At tier IX it had its moments but was normaly a subpar cruiser.

At tier 8 this thing is amazing, it seems they kept the guns, the range, AND the armor, also the AA seems VERY effective.

Am I wrong to think Baltimore may be one of the best tier 8 cruisers?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

Yep, its very strong. Not only good guns (AP) but also radar which helps to win games. Others might be better at damage dealing, but then they dont carry radar.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I played my First battles in the Baltimore since it was moved to tier 8 in the current ranked sprint.

At tier IX it had its moments but was normaly a subpar cruiser.

At tier 8 this thing is amazing, it seems they kept the guns, the range, AND the armor, also the AA seems VERY effective.

It is one of the best. Also gets good concealment with strong radar.

AA is "good" for all it is worth these days. "VERY effective" is a stretch, unless you mean by comparison to other cruisers and DDs. As a CV player, I have not too much respect of any T8 cruiser, if I find no DD on the first rocket pass, Baltimore is as valid a target as any for a rocket attack. It might take out a couple planes, but I miss those less than Balti misses the 7-10k hp. I also torped the thing already with Ark Royal.

Not to smacktalk Balti here, but AA deserves no praise in general.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

It is one of the best. Also gets good concealment with strong radar.

AA is "good" for all it is worth these days. "VERY effective" is a stretch, unless you mean by comparison to other cruisers and DDs. As a CV player, I have not too much respect of any T8 cruiser, if I find no DD on the first rocket pass, Baltimore is as valid a target as any for a rocket attack. It might take out a couple planes, but I miss those less than Balti misses the 7-10k hp. I also torped the thing already with Ark Royal.

Not to smacktalk Balti here, but AA deserves no praise in general.

Fair enough on the AA, Lexington was able to go through my AA screen but with a loss of most of his planes. I used my ok north cal capt that was full AA fit and am running the flag also.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 minute ago, waxx25 said:

Fair enough on the AA, Lexington was able to go through my AA screen but with a loss of most of his planes. I used my ok north cal capt that was full AA fit and am running the flag also.

Feel free to respec to something useful. AA spec is a waste of points. A non AA spec ship is basically able to do 90% of the AA work an AA spec ship does, for none of the investment but way better tankiness to deal with the inevitable damage.

• Cool 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Feel free to respec to something useful. AA spec is a waste of points. A non AA spec ship is basically able to do 90% of the AA work an AA spec ship does, for none of the investment but way better tankiness to deal with the inevitable damage.

In ranked with CV I disagree, I averaged 19.25 planes in 4 battles. For random yes I agree. As long as you know what island to hug you can stay relatively close to your DD's which brings all thebplanes your way lol.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

In ranked with CV I disagree, I averaged 19.25 planes in 4 battles. For random yes I agree. As long as you know what island to hug you can stay relatively close to your DD's which brings all thebplanes your way lol.

And how many would have been killed with non-AA spec? You'd do like 9% less dps and 16% less damage in a flak burst. Flak burst already two shots planes and with 20% more than base... still two shots most planes. Only oneshots lower tier planes, which in ranked don't appear. Massive AA actually decreases your AA by taking away the dps bonus on one side.

Thing is, without AA build you wouldn't suddenly average 0 planes, but maybe 17 or so. Spending all the points to kill 2 more planes is worth it? Honestly, if I can trade 2 planes for you making your ship worse against everything else on my team, I goddamn take it. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,649 battles

Funny thing, out of 5 regular T8 cruisers which could use radar, four of them could stealth radar with only Cleveland, with second best concealment among those five, not be able to do that.

Sign in to follow this