You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xxNihilanxx

A crazy idea but...

11 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,016 posts
13,184 battles

Is it possible, dearest WG, that you could slightly alter the spawn points on the Fault Line map?

The reason I ask is that, due to how the map invariably plays out*, the BBs tend to spawn central with DDs and cruisers closer to the A & C caps and said DDs of one team or both are usually dead before the BBs can get into a support position. This is a low-mid tier map so a lot of the BBs that find themselves on this map are slow as all heck so maybe you could spawn some BBs with the DDs and cruisers north/south of A&C.

While you are at it could you also do something to mix the "division" spawns up a bit on certain maps. So sick of always spawning near C on Fault Line or at B on Trap - some variation would be nice.

*Most people wisely avoid B at the start of the match as it sits in the middle of a crossfire of almost certain peril.

• Cool 12

Players
6,668 posts

Everyone seems to be politely waiting for someone else have the first go at this cake thread.

The only thing I would say is that the spawn positions on all maps are kinda crappy IMO. I'd prefer spawning like we do in the Operations.

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,739 battles
8 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Is it possible, dearest WG, that you could slightly alter the spawn points on the Fault Line map?

The reason I ask is that, due to how the map invariably plays out*, the BBs tend to spawn central with DDs and cruisers closer to the A & C caps and said DDs of one team or both are usually dead before the BBs can get into a support position. This is a low-mid tier map so a lot of the BBs that find themselves on this map are slow as all heck so maybe you could spawn some BBs with the DDs and cruisers north/south of A&C.

While you are at it could you also do something to mix the "division" spawns up a bit on certain maps. So sick of always spawning near C on Fault Line or at B on Trap - some variation would be nice.

*Most people wisely avoid B at the start of the match as it sits in the middle of a crossfire of almost certain peril.

Maybe something like this could be refreshing for a while;

faultlineidea.jpg

• Cool 9

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,527 posts
13,043 battles
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

faultlineidea.jpg

Yes.. .this.. lets try

• Cool 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,879 battles
11 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Just recently I was talking about this exact same thing with @El2aZeR, since I'm regrinding the US BBs, just finished new mex & at lolo now. And indeed, it is godddamn frustrating that 1. you get this map a lot 2. where you spawn centre like 80% of the time and 3. seeing your cruisers/dds that spawned at the flank dying to their counterparts and there is zero you can do about it with 20 knots, especially since I can follow it on the minimap and on those tiers it would have made a big difference . The few times my New Mex spawned at the flank it was almost always a win, cause you can go somewhat full ham & take most of their cruisers out.

It's not the only map with "spawning problems", but at least at high tiers almost every ship has the speed to get in position in a somewhat decent time.

One additional question to WG regarding spawning adjustment: if you're playing with a CV div, can you NOT make the other one always spawn central as well, thankyouverymuch for the love of god. It's not like he needs my AA protection...

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
6,137 posts
12,203 battles
3 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

faultlineidea.jpg

that looks interesting :D

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,739 battles
28 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

that looks interesting :D

I mean it's just an idea. The islands or cap positions could be altered more if necessary, you know. I think we need new maps. 

Is it really that difficult to create new maps? If not, why do we get new ones so seldom?

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
1,580 posts
18,643 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

That's actually a good idea.

Also generally I don't like how often triple divisions spawn in the middle. A division is supposed to stay together to coordinate their tactics. On many maps, if a division spawning in the middle goes to one side, it creates an immediate imbalance, regularly the division even creates a lemming train. So often the only sensible thing to do is splitting up the division.

I'd rather have my division spawn on the flanks, so it's clear, where you go.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
12 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

I mean it's just an idea. The islands or cap positions could be altered more if necessary, you know. I think we need new maps. 

Is it really that difficult to create new maps? If not, why do we get new ones so seldom?

The design team is busy making soviet napikin ships, subs and re***ded new PvP modes nobody asked for?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
703 posts
28,468 battles

Very Important Points there.

I am hopng that BBs will Spawn at the Flanks as well Right next to the Cruisers and DDs.

A slow Ship like the Colorado in the middle is just painfull.

Even if you get to a Flank in Time and have a good Performance. You still want a faster Ship.

Also I hate it when a Division Spawns in the middle.

Several times I was part of a 3 BB Devision of my Clan and we Spawn in the Middle.

In Solo Games you would Split up to Both Sides.

Since this was a Clan-Div we wanted to go to One Side.

The Question was where is the Main force of the Enemy.

Sadly we went to the Wrong Cap.

If we had taken the other Side in this 50-50 Gamble we could have destroyed the Enemies Main Force and we could have won.

That´s also the Reason why you want a CV to Scout the Enemy early so you can Intercept them

[BBMM]
Players
6,980 posts
10,107 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 10:50 PM, xxNihilanxx said:

We often div up 3 BBs at T6 and then go B, after capping it we do (slow) surprise buttsex on A. 

Never fails to get hilarious results and usually a fat win. As the other BBs have moved either A or C... LOOOLLLL!!!