Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fastwolf_66

Anti bot policy?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TOXIC]
Players
26 posts
15,757 battles

Hi, account transferred from NA, almost 10.000 battles (like 9.000 on NA and 1.000 on EU) and I'm surprised about the HUGE quantity of bots here on EU. Playing tiers V-X, mainly IX-X now due to campaigns, and my impression on EVERY game at least 2-3 bots per side... 

 

That of course affects the enjoy of gameplay... playing many years from now, Alpha and Beta tester, got almost all ships, and many, many premiums...and starting to play less and less, not having fun anymore on EU, because of different playstyle and bots.

 

I cannot assure they are bots, but follow same pattern: completely zero situation awareness (they navigate in one direction and seldom change the zone), weird names without clan, no response on chat, shooting a target even if it is out of aim (shooting through an island), stuck on islands many times, around 45%-47% win rate, and a LOT of games. 

 

Is WG actively detecting and eliminating this farming bot accounts? because I see a LOT of them on HIGH tiers... and wonder if the policy here on EU is different than NA. There I seldom saw a bot, and always at very low tiers. Here at tier IX is... like a 10% of ships... that is HUGE and detrimental to the customers, unless bots gave a lot of money, i don't know

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles

I doubt you are seeing Bots. These are just players. Bots do not get to 45%+ WR.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

You got proof of that? I'd love to see it.

 

My bot seems to be running perfectly at almost 65% :cap_tea:

I mean, ive been called Bot a few times by now so must be true!!!!11

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,939 posts
21,689 battles
24 minutes ago, Fastwolf_66 said:

Is WG actively detecting and eliminating this farming bot accounts?

 

Officially yes.

Unofficially they don't care all that much.

 

e8bZQJQ.png

 

That said, most of the players you see doing stupid things are actually players.

Makes things even more sad, doesn't it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-FWS-]
[-FWS-]
Beta Tester
62 posts
15,120 battles

45%WR is like an average player, not a bot. 46% and more is already very good player. 50% is unicum these days, not many of them left in the game.

 

I agree, this game does not make fun anymore. Bots and morons are inevitable. However WG failed to design battle reward system so actual contribution is rewarded, not just win. Therefore ppl just dont care to contribute.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
821 posts
2,298 battles
17 minutes ago, Ocrooch said:

45%WR is like an average player, not a bot. 46% and more is already very good player. 50% is unicum these days, not many of them left in the game.

<snip>

What?! you mean I'm a very good player......   How did that happen?:cap_fainting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,520 posts
12,445 battles

one thing is for sure, bots know how to aim and don't camp.

 

So if your suspected bot shoots well its a bot. A human player will shoot the clouds.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VELOS]
Players
199 posts
2,830 battles

 

Found some bots singing between battles!!!!!!!!

 

Now for the serious part, unless you have solid proof you can't prove anything.

In EU server we are many and active players, enjoy the game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
14,367 battles
1 hour ago, Fastwolf_66 said:

Hi, account transferred from NA, almost 10.000 battles (like 9.000 on NA and 1.000 on EU) and I'm surprised about the HUGE quantity of bots here on EU. Playing tiers V-X, mainly IX-X now due to campaigns, and my impression on EVERY game at least 2-3 bots per side... 

 

 

 

They are no Bots, they are 70+ year old players who use autonavigation and just shoot on everything they see. Or sometimes they drive backwards....

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,824 battles

Amount of bots is gonna increase

You can buy a tier 9 premium and jump in the deep end with like 50 coop battles of experience

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,016 posts
13,184 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

Amount of bots is gonna increase

You can buy a tier 9 premium and jump in the deep end with like 50 coop battles of experience

 

 

 

Surely you can only do that for so long before you run out of credits to pay for your service costs (even with the improved income and reduced service costs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
1,814 posts
7,824 battles

 

13 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

Surely you can only do that for so long before you run out of credits to pay for your service costs (even with the improved income and reduced service costs).

You can buy credits too

 

cred.thumb.jpg.16430817298cc9f5c5f8aa9e9544a574.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,016 posts
13,184 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

You can buy credits too

 

Fair point. Hadn't thought of that what with it being too dumb an idea for words.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
26 posts
15,757 battles

Ok, i was just asking if WG has any kind of policy to avoid bots, IMHO there are lots of bots on EU. Apart from bad players, of course, but bad players behave differently from bots.

 

BTW, a question.... almost 50% percent of players should have a WR above 50%, no? By pure stadistics... nowadays almost always one team wins, so... please enlight me how, reading above, almost all players are below 50%? is that possible?

 

Thanks.

 

PD: Yes, in my experience, NA and EU are way different playstyles, in fact my NA win rate was around 55% and here probably 52% or less... have to check. I am an agressive BB player that likes to push, or advance with DDs, and here many, many players simply ignore caps and snipe/bowtank/kite... boring for me but... and don't know that, sometimes, you NEED to push... I see many times, on one cap 8 ships vs 4, and they just snipe, even the enemy caps, and of course that means that on the other cap the enemy has the reverse superiority, kills our ships there, and then go for the middle cap and they have blatant superiority... because on our side, 8 ships vs 3 were just sniping. Automatic loss. Or when there are few DDs, and a CV, nobody goes close to the caps to provide AA cover for the DDs. In general, as I see, on EU people snipes a lot more, seldom push, and ignore caps on capping games until it is too late. Weird... and the plentiful of bots doesn't helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

I have accounts on both servers and am surprised by OP's post. NA servers are full of.......how to say stupid nicely..........bad compared to EU servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,520 posts
12,445 battles

thinks of how to flame the discussion...lol....

me thinks that Pete is right, no bot has more than 45%. Should it have more we d call it a cheat. LOL

 

moving the goalposts to semantics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,057 posts
15,715 battles
32 minutes ago, Fastwolf_66 said:

Ok, i was just asking if WG has any kind of policy to avoid bots, IMHO there are lots of bots on EU. Apart from bad players, of course, but bad players behave differently from bots.

 

BTW, a question.... almost 50% percent of players should have a WR above 50%, no? By pure stadistics... nowadays almost always one team wins, so... please enlight me how, reading above, almost all players are below 50%? is that possible?

Depends on what stats you look at.

It should be somewhat true when you look at solo winrate, but when you look at overall winrate, the players who do not play in divisions get pushed down.

 

While the data is a bit old, it shows the distribution of overall winrates on the EU server:

Spoiler

dense_winrate_20190413_e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,574 posts
27,817 battles
1 hour ago, Saltface said:

thinks of how to flame the discussion...lol....

me thinks that Pete is right, no bot has more than 45%. Should it have more we d call it a cheat. LOL

 

moving the goalposts to semantics

 

Sry but i have to, can't harrass only Pete:

Do you have proof for your claim? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,574 posts
27,817 battles
1 hour ago, Fastwolf_66 said:

and here many, many players simply ignore caps and snipe/bowtank/kite... boring for me but... and don't know that, sometimes, you NEED to push... 

Sry for that, but WG has spoiled us here in EU server for years and we are used to get stuff(caps) with credit card. Sometimes we just cant agree on who should pay this time so caps stay untaken.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,344 posts
9,502 battles

Hello,

          I think this thread has gone on long enough, locked.

 

Regards,

               Minia

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×