Boondigo

Błyskawica Cap'n Skills Advice

10 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles

Greetings commanders.

I know theres a few out there already in regards to this ship, but they're all pretty old and I'm bored; so here we are.

At the moment I have myself a 13 point Euro captain (approaching 14) and the setup is as follows:

(1) PT - (2) LS - (3) BFT - (3) DE - (4) CE

I do enjoy this build - I think she makes a good 1 v 1 DD hunter in ranked and random.

As I approach my 14th point, I was thinking of ditching DE and taking PM and AR, they both seem to much more effective in terms of what I get out of the perks.

But I do wonder if the 2% extra chance to start a fire is worth it vs the other yummy buffs.

What are your thooughts on this chaps?

(Extra credit to anyone who can pronouce this Michael Fassbender lookalikes name)

Sincerely.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Players
702 posts
28,431 battles

PT, LS, BFT and CE are very good Choices.

I think AFT and Survivabilita Expert might be good pics as well.

That would be my Idea of a 17 Point Captain

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Thats an interesting setup I must say.

Do you not get paranoid with the lack of warning PT gives?

It often allows me to get cheeky HE salvos on BBs that are preoccupied with my comrades.

And I was looking at IFHS, do you think this adds much to the Błyskawica's power?

Thanks for sharing too.

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles
17 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

PT, LS, BFT and CE are very good Choices.

I think AFT and Survivabilita Expert might be good pics as well.

That would be my Idea of a 17 Point Captain

Yes I thought so too mate.

I fel that AFT is good for sure, but maybe not worth 4 points while theres more pressing perks that can buff her up.

SE seems pretty nice though, that would bring her total HP up to 17,950 it seems.

[CATS]
Players
30,973 posts
15,698 battles

Not really.

When I am open, I expect every enemy to shoot at me.

Cheeky shots at BB are a good idea, but I resort to that later in the game, when I can control the encounter better.

IFHE is debatable, but useful when you have smoke left and gunning at bigger ships.

• Cool 1

Players
702 posts
28,431 battles

120mm/6=20mm You can penetrate 20mm without IFHE

20mm*1,25=25 You can penetrate 25mm with IFHE

Cruisers at Tier 6-7 have 25mm Plating

The Battleships have 26mm Plating and therefore too much

Tier 8-10 Cruisers and battleships have all too much Armor

• Cool 1

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles

Baseline for any destroyer is PT(or PM), LS, SE, CE. Thats 10 points. Then you can add BFT, as Błyskawica is definitely gun oriented. Superintendent with additional smoke/engine boost doesn't hurt and its additionally valuable on silver EU destroyers, you can't go wrong with additional heal... at least as long as your average engagement doesn't end by 4min mark due to excessive amounts of yolo.

Then Adrenaline Rush or Expert Marksman, depending how bad you find turret traverse to be.

While Błyskawica herself can capitalize on AFT for open water shenaniganery, silver DDs not so much due to very short base range, thus at best you can get 2km off AFT on them. Not enough to do open water gunboating in slow destroyer.

• Cool 2

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not really.

When I am open, I expect every enemy to shoot at me.

Cheeky shots at BB are a good idea, but I resort to that later in the game, when I can control the encounter better.

IFHE is debatable, but useful when you have smoke left and gunning at bigger ships. 

Yeah I do feel where you're coming from there, perhaps I might give that a shot.

5 hours ago, doerhoff_damian said:

120mm/6=20mm You can penetrate 20mm without IFHE

20mm*1,25=25 You can penetrate 25mm with IFHE

Cruisers at Tier 6-7 have 25mm Plating

The Battleships have 26mm Plating and therefore too much

Tier 8-10 Cruisers and battleships have all too much Armor

Interesting to know, thanks for the knowledge.

5 hours ago, Panocek said:

Baseline for any destroyer is PT(or PM), LS, SE, CE. Thats 10 points. Then you can add BFT, as Błyskawica is definitely gun oriented. Superintendent with additional smoke/engine boost doesn't hurt and its additionally valuable on silver EU destroyers, you can't go wrong with additional heal... at least as long as your average engagement doesn't end by 4min mark due to excessive amounts of yolo.

Then Adrenaline Rush or Expert Marksman, depending how bad you find turret traverse to be.

While Błyskawica herself can capitalize on AFT for open water shenaniganery, silver DDs not so much due to very short base range, thus at best you can get 2km off AFT on them. Not enough to do open water gunboating in slow destroyer.

I might swap out DE for the SE, I do often feel like I draw a lot of damage to myself and the extra health chunk would be nice.

Unfortionately she doesn't have a heal so SI would only offer an extra speed bost and smoke.

I like to run BFT, it really lets you pump out a lot of HE very quickly, it can wither caught out BBs to the bone.

Cheers for the tips anyway lads, going to play around with these ideas and see what happens.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

I use Blyskawacia with as a trainer for my Visby, Vasteras captains as well as throwing my Friesland captain on there.

Friesland is setup with PM, LS, SE, CE and then BFT, AR and with the last 4 I'm trying to decide between RL or SI & PT. Not sure yet, probably SI.

For Visby and Vasteras I'm considering not going AR and going EM as the turrets are slow and with them so good with the WASD hack it will help a lot and would probably be perfect for Blyskawacia as well as the turrets are slow as well.

• Cool 1