You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

PT - 0.9.6 - Balances changes

85 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,196 posts
4,319 battles

We would like to present you the balances changes that are going to be applied on the PT 0.9.6

Read the text

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[SHAD]
Players
3,787 posts
15,168 battles

So premium ships are being nerfed as well as upgrades we've paid coal for?

Under the guise of course of a global change.

While a seemingly global buff to American destroyers is not being extended to premium ships...

A little poor in  my opinion.

• Cool 4

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,125 battles

What are the current parameters of other USN DDs' AA consumable? If it is 50% why are they ommited from this buff?

[TORAZ]
Players
491 posts
26,640 battles

we still dont want these CVs in CBs, the fundamental issues are still not being addressed...

• Cool 5

[NOCAP]
Beta Tester
17 posts
14,855 battles
1 minute ago, OM40 said:

we still dont want these CVs in CBs, the fundamental issues is still not being addressed...

They've just done as expected instead of fixing the problem nerf the only sort of counter available to it 

• Cool 4

[TORAZ]
Players
491 posts
26,640 battles
1 minute ago, Taffia_ said:

They've just done as expected instead of fixing the problem nerf the only sort of counter available to it 

it's like a whole thread of feedback got thrown away and this is what we get...

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, OM40 said:

it's like a whole thread of feedback got thrown away and this is what we get...

Yep, nerf Venezia and nerf AP bombs a little. (tbh i dont have anything against the Venezia nerf in itself)

FIXED COMRADE, DA DA GLORIOUS CV REEEEWORK.

• Cool 1

Players
1,313 posts
19,716 battles

Entire line of USN DDs get def AA buff, what about premiums like Kidd? :Smile_unsure:

What happened to "gradual small changes"? I see 3 Venezia nerfs in one go. :Smile_sceptic:  (and once again, ship that was most picked in CBs get nerfed, what a suprise) :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

[FAILS]
Players
708 posts
21,794 battles

To talk about something else than the complaints about CVs (which I think are legitimate, btw):

Overall, good changes on the Venezia. I like her, but she was a bit too strong, imo. I never understood why she had to have better pen angles than the rest of the line. The reload nerf is negligible and the rudder shift will influence her survivability a bit which was too high with her troll armour. Better to start with small changes instead of nerf hammer.

The speed boost nerf could be sigificant for French and USSR DDs, we will have to see.

US DD Defensive AA: And the premiums? (It won't make a difference anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter).

[BHSFL]
Players
554 posts

Well I hope you dont think anyone is going to get the upcoming German CVs after this little joke of a balance pass ... I suppose Kremlin is now perfectly balanced since no changes to her AA values.

2 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

GZ AP bombers were crap when their bomb damage was 7k max, now it's even worse.

17% reduction of 0 damage is still 0.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles

So instead of adressing any feedback given.

Not giving the option to take anything but AP Bombs we just nerf em.

Also Venezia AS GOD DAMN PREDICTED got the CB Nerf...

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,125 battles

So, the WG has artificialy made Venezia strong pick only for the CBs by defacto removing the DDs, and now they nerf her THREE times?

Remember Venezia has no radar or hydro, unlike other cruisers, and her smokescreeen is almost useless when she is spotted by an enemy ship within 10 km.

• Cool 1

[H4T3]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
205 posts
6,487 battles
3 minutes ago, MarcoGn97 said:

Venezia nerfed, pretože životopisy ju populárny v CB ... dobre urobil: Fish_palm:

did you play clan battles? venezia was popular because the SAP effective melted stalingrads

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
729 posts
8,054 battles
Vor 14 Minuten, Yamashiro42 sagte:

So, the WG has artificialy made Venezia strong pick only for the CBs by defacto removing the DDs, and now they nerf her THREE times?

Remember Venezia has no radar or hydro, unlike other cruisers, and her smokescreeen is almost useless when she is spotted by an enemy ship within 10 km.

👍

Players
703 posts
28,468 battles

Venezia a Cruiser that performed slightly better than the Competition got nerved.

I am looking at the Stats and expect Nervs for Drake, Riga, Petropawlowsk and Alexander Newsky once WG has enough Data on them.

Since these Ships perform even better than the Competition compared to what Venezia did.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles
36 minutes ago, Yamashiro42 said:

What are the current parameters of other USN DDs' AA consumable? If it is 50% why are they ommited from this buff?

Hill, N/A

Monaghan, Sims, Kidd  +50% 

Not sure that Kidd should get the buff - it's already pretty strong, has a heal and a larger health Pool than Benson but Monaghan and Sims certainly should - these are supposed to have better AA than their Tech Tree counterparts, they give things away in comparison (guns, torps, range).

Atlanta could do with it too...

[-MCD-]
Players
67 posts
9,912 battles

So they're buffing the def AA on us tech tree dds. instead they should buff def AA globally and from 50% to 100%. As others have pointed out our us dd premiums aren't getting the buff nor ships like Atlanta, a ship that needs so many more buffs it hurts! As for nerfs to some CV premiums as they are considered too powerful, they wouldn't nerf Belfast, Gulio Cesare etc. I don't have an issue with CV's being nerfed, i don't like the rework play style tbh. But I do have an issue with WG nerfing specific Premiums people have paid for, if they don't nerf other over performing premiums as well. Not sure why they're nerfing the engine mod, but its not a drastic one. As for Venezia, she is over performing and small nerfs like this are a much more welcome way of balancing a ship, like Jutland or Daring and not like the nerf hammer that Henri IV was given and they're now having to redress somewhat.

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles
56 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

We would like to present you the balances changes that are going to be applied on the PT 0.9.6

Read the text

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

I wish WG would drop facade of "we don't nerf premiums", do proper balance check of "deemed OP" ships and bring them back for sale instead usual "we don't nerf premiums but..."

Preferably without going into pay2win territory with purposefully overpowered ship only to be nerfed in three months, conveniently just after Ranked/CB season.

• Cool 4

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,754 battles
13 minuti fa, PanVeduci ha scritto:

did you play clan battles? venezia was popular because the SAP effective melted stalingrads

look at Yamashiro's comment

Players
241 posts
8,067 battles

@TanatoyI remember we begged for GZ DB buff, not a nerf. she always had T6 DB damage if you were lucky to hit 2 bombs but we all know that rarely happens with that trash reticle. Right now GZ is incomplete premium carrier (worst APDB,worst Torpedos and RNG rockets), just like how old RTS GZ was incomplete. So please think about buffing or reworking her so she would be worth her price! But right now she's in the store for stealing money from players.

• Cool 2

[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,874 posts
13,449 battles

Once again you guys show how much you care about your community feedback. Once again you are going to butcher a ship into Portqueen status instead of adressing the shitty MM due to the participation of carriers. At this point its really nothing more then a running gag. 

This is the 4th season in a row where a single ship dominates with at least 3-4 ship participation in setups and everytime you do those thoughtless changes another ship will just take its place. So why aren't you limiting the number of same class ships to 1-2 instead of nerfing another ship into nothingless? I can't understand it. 

If you don't know how to fix those kinda Issues take some Hurricane Players in and make a brainstorming..... 

• Cool 7

[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
4,053 battles

Am I wrong in the belief that Premium ships can’t have their stats changed? If you are needing a premium ship are we them entitled to a full refund?

can I ask, the people making these changes, do they play the game? Or just look at spreadsheets all day? These changes are horrible. I just don’t know what WG is thinking any more, every update is just another nail in the coffin.

i understand people don’t like CVs but the people that moan the most don’t play CVs they don’t understand them, and don’t understand the frustration that comes from playing them. 
mostly it comes from people not being able to adapt to the change in the game. 

id like to point out the time to cause damage. A battleship take in average 25 to 30 seconds to fire, and can fire a salvo that can cause upwards of 10k to 100k damage depending on RNG

a CV takes about 1 minute to 1:30 on average to fly to a part of the map, if the CV is close, most spend the game on the back line. You have to set up a shot, get the alignment right for your run in. That takes another 20 to 30 seconds, then make your run in. In the current meta AA will murder a full flight of planes in the way in And another on the way out, if your wing has 4 flights that’s 2 lost to AA 1 to make the drop and 1 usually sent home early. So you get 1 run in a average of 2 minutes. That 1 run with bombers is usually a total bust thanks to the frankly AWEFUL RNG on dive bombers, so you can quite often spend 4 to 5 minutes with no damage at all due to rubbish RNG and loss of aircraft due to AA.

yes occasionally RNG will be kind and you get 2k to 5k damage. Or in every blue moon 10k but apparently they are OP? WTH are you guys smoking?

and as for torps, yes they are more accurate as they have very little RNG, but the damage on them sucks. They hardly scratch most same tier BBs due to their torpedo belt reduction. 

playing CVs isn’t fun, it’s absolutely frustrating. And I encourage more people to play CVs before they start moaning about how broken they are, because usually they sailed out alone and got picked on by a CV as they were the only viable target that want going to demolish the planes before they have made 1 drop

PLEASE WG think about what you are doing, maybe listen to those who play CVs and not the majority of whining kids who don’t know how to adjust and adapt to CVs in the game.

• Cool 2