Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Knutorius

The report and karma system is broken

77 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
8,472 posts
9,311 battles
1 minute ago, Knutorius said:

Ugh..lol
I didnt mean to say that you dont get good Karma ever! I ment to say that its harder to earn good karma than to lose it.

Which is why the best way to raise Karma is by almost never getting reported.

 

We have only so many reports, yet so many potatos. Obviously most people don't report everyone, but the most eggregious cases, while the instances of complimentable behaviour are so few, most can throw them at any instance they witness. There's a reason why my Karma is increasing and some folks sit with hundreds or thousands of positive Karma...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles
Quote

My karma has risen to 160 lately and before was usually stuck at 130.

how did you get to 130 then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles

So again. What's the point of having a karma system then?

It sounds more like a "shut-up-and-play-well" system, than a thing, we actually need.

If there wasn't a karma system to begin with, what would the game be like?
And what's the advantage of stacking up Karma?

 

Also, did you notice, that the Karma stops at Zero?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,698 battles

I have between 400 - 500 karma IIRC?

Honestly I just don't care. Nobody should. 

 

The system isn't perfect but reporting as far as chat violations are concerned is not useless though, as has been explained by both mods and actual staffers in the countless, near daily threads about this already.

 

Just do your thing, don't worry about Karma, don't be an [edited]in chat, and you won't even know it's there, really. 

 

At this point I think we could do with a sticky thread explaining how reporting/chat banning works. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
4,378 posts
12,742 battles

Why do you care for its existence if it's pointless and doesn't do anything anyway? 

 

This topic and this whole thing screams to me the following:

 

"I'm sure I'm a good player and I'm behaving perfectly fine but my karma is just not rising and it's so easily exploited why isn't it going up? It had to be broken its misrepresenting me and how good I truly am." 

 

 

6 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

how did you get to 130 then?

Obviously hacks... how else. After all the system is flawed. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,472 posts
9,311 battles
Just now, Knutorius said:

So again. What's the point of having a karma system then to begin with?

It sounds more like a "shut-up-and-play-well" system, than a thing, we actually need.

If there wasn't a karma system to begin with, what would the game be like?
And what's the advantage of stacking up Karma?

 

Also, did you notice, that the Karma stops at Zero?

I mean, what offends you so much that you want it gone?

 

Without karma system you'd have the same game, a few more reports via support for stuff like afking and less means of handing out feedback without chatting someone up. It doesn't "hurt" anyone, it usually very well correlates with skill and personality (in that you have to pretty poor or pretty rude to never have at least some Karma after a few thousand battles) and there's not much point to it.

 

Next, are we going to discuss whether we need trees on islands, because they add little to the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,184 battles
2 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

So again. What's the point of having a karma system then?

It sounds more like a "shut-up-and-play-well" system, than a thing, we actually need.

If there wasn't a karma system to begin with, what would the game be like?
And what's the advantage of stacking up Karma?

 

Also, did you notice, that the Karma stops at Zero?

 

I don't see what the issue is. It's tucked away where nobody sees it (including yourself unless you bother to check) and, as you say, is relatively pointless so why fuss? Just let it be. Some of us like having the ability to engage in "positive reinforcement" by giving "props" to others who play in a manner we decree is good. What of it?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,472 posts
9,311 battles
1 minute ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Obviously hacks... how else. After all the system is flawed. 

Bet you paid people or got some bot accounts to syncdrop with you and compliment you.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
698 posts
11,445 battles
6 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

I stfu in chat and don't try to tell people on my team how to play. 

I need to staple that advice to my forehead Warfarin - the stfu in chat that is.

I only suggest which two caps the team should concentrate on. I've learnt that telling someone else to do this or that is never listened to.

As to your post #16 above - that is just despicable of you & you are a purple - you should know better -  but then I guess that just proves how farcial 'karma' really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,184 battles
2 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

I need to staple that advice to my forehead Warfarin - the stfu in chat that is.

 

 

Not a bad idea especially as it is advice that could be extended to other areas of your life too, with positive results.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
698 posts
11,445 battles

I think the Karma/Report system is broken.

! require 100 reports to assign to those who deserve that. 7 is not nearly enough.

It would be nice to have a few more compliments to hand out as well, say 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
4,378 posts
12,742 battles
6 minutes ago, Aethervoxx said:

I need to staple that advice to my forehead Warfarin - the stfu in chat that is.

I only suggest which two caps the team should concentrate on. I've learnt that telling someone else to do this or that is never listened to.

As to your post #16 above - that is just despicable of you & you are a purple - you should know better -  but then I guess that just proves how farcial 'karma' really is.

Don't ever tell your team to only focus 2 caps. that is a mistake. You take all caps. Your team should not abandon any. Even if it just means kiting on the other. 

Also I can understand you getting angry at me but you had it coming. You can't go around talking crap about teammates to seek comfort all day especially not if people like me are around to call you out on it. 

 

I understand that it's nice to seek comfort in the community by blaming others and getting approval here and there by equally unfortunate souls but it's unhealthy for your and everyones performance to always search for excuses. 

 

Look at your stats and tell me those are fine... without lying to me and yourself. 

 

Improving starts with you and not with others. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles
Quote

how did you get to 130 then?

that was a serious question. cause you said you needed to "stfu" to move on.

 

To the people saying "Knutorius, why do you even care?"
Well, its twofold, just as this system is.
My point is "the karma system is useless (and flawed)". Anyone commenting "just forget about it and move on" is making me wonder why they actually commented here. Cause, why don't you just move on, if you don't care?

And yes, I may be a bit butthurt about the karma thing, but my point still remains.
And leads to the second part: Which is the reporting of people..
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,184 battles
3 hours ago, Aethervoxx said:

I think the Karma/Report system is broken.

! require 100 reports to assign to those who deserve that. 7 is not nearly enough.

It would be nice to have a few more compliments to hand out as well, say 10.

 

I have 11 reports and 11 compliments to give out daily.

 

[edited]

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
4,378 posts
12,742 battles
Just now, Knutorius said:

And leads to the second part: Which is the reporting of people..

For a karma decrease of - 1 TWO players need to report you for the same thing. 

That usually means that your misdeed be it Chat or "bad" play needs to be noticed by more than one and a Division of 3 counts as one player. 

 

2 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

that was a serious question. cause you said you needed to "stfu" to move on.

I generally play pretty well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,698 battles
7 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Next, are we going to discuss whether we need trees on islands, because they add little to the game?

 

What?!

Muh Immersion. 

 

Also I find them relaxing. Some islands look like home, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,240 posts
4,335 battles

Hi,

 

It's not because you can use the karma system by crtl + click like the report system that's it's the same.

The karma system is just an indicator for you to know if some players were thinking you were nice/useful in battle. Nothing else. 

 

For the chat ban however, that's quite different, as yes, you have indeed to break the rules to get banned. If you say only "Hey, you played well" you won't get banned.

 

As for the argument between you guys, I might just suggest that calling a part of players "utter garbage" and comparing some other fellow players to cockroaches is probably not the best way to enter in a conversation and moreover : To have a peaceful one. Going directly on the stats is also not the best way too. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,184 battles
4 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

To the people saying "Knutorius, why do you even care?"

Well, its twofold, just as this system is.
My point is "the karma system is useless (and flawed)". Anyone commenting "just forget about it and move on" is making me wonder why they actually commented here. Cause, why don't you just move on, if you don't care?
 

 

Some of us are happy to live and let live, if someone is engaging in a behaviour that doesn't adversely affect me then why should I care? I am not and never have been one of those ... "Grrr those people are having fun doing something I don't like so I MUST put a stop to it" types.

 

I like comping people, so sue me. If it means that others can report me at the same time then what of it? It's not like it's really gonna affect me in any way. I honestly don't get what the fuss is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles
Quote

For a karma decrease of - 1 TWO players need to report you for the same thing.

well, how many things are there to be reported for?

Quote

I generally play pretty well.

thats awesome! so I just have to play well to get 130 karma..

 

Quote

Also I find them relaxing. Some islands look like home, really. 

yeah, yeah. you guys, keep cracking those jokes. :Smile_sceptic: I think I should report you, for being so funny.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,191 posts
15,698 battles
1 minute ago, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

 

It's not because you can use the karma system by crtl + click like the report system that's it's the same.

The karma system is just an indicator for you to know if some players were thinking you were nice/useful in battle. Nothing else. 

 

For the chat ban however, that's quite different, as yes, you have indeed to break the rules to get banned. If you say only "Hey, you played well" you won't get banned.

 

As for the argument between you guys, I might just suggest that calling a part of players "utter garbage" and comparing some other fellow players to cockroaches is probably not the best way to enter in a conversation and moreover : To have a peaceful one. 

 

Tana can't we have a sticky thread about how reporting and chat banning, etc. works?

I mean, we have threads like these popping up all the time, with people confused about how the system works. Especially with regards to chat bans. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,240 posts
4,335 battles
Just now, Miragetank90 said:

 

Tana can't we have a sticky thread about how reporting and chat banning, etc. works?

I mean, we have threads like these popping up all the time, with people confused about how the system works. Especially with regards to chat bans. 

We might yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles

the fuss is about karma being a useless function, and people getting (auto)chatbanned, while being part of the same system.

 

9 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

It's not because you can use the karma system by crtl + click like the report system that's it's the same. 

so, are you saying the chat ban (report) occurs through a different system than the karma system? and does not affect karma?

 

Quote

We might yes. 

that would be lovely.
I am specifically interested in how the chat ban function works :>
in great detail, I mean. Who's involved, what has been reported, how many people reported..all that juicy stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,240 posts
4,335 battles
11 minutes ago, Knutorius said:

so, are you saying the chat ban (report) occurs through a different system than the karma system? and does not affect karma?

For the chat ban we are taking in account the report for somebody who has been reported for a chat violation and if there's indeed a chat violation.

Also, remember than the chat ban doesn't come directly after the chat violation, but sometimes 24h after. 

 

You can be banned for chat violation but without loosing any karma point. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
698 posts
11,445 battles
32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Don't ever tell your team to only focus 2 caps. that is a mistake. You take all caps. Your team should not abandon any. Even if it just means kiting on the other. 

All other things being equal, is not capping & controlling 2 caps a way to win by points, at least? The idea of concentration of forces is less effective ..... than trying to control all three objectives?

 

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Also I can understand you getting angry at me but you had it coming.

No I did not.

 

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

You can't go around talking crap about teammates to seek comfort all day especially not if people like me are around to call you out on it. 

Where do you get this from? We both know everyone gets 'poor' team mates in a Random Battle. 

 

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

I understand that it's nice to seek comfort in the community by blaming others and getting approval here and there by equally unfortunate souls

What? Who is blaming others? I simply express my opinions about the topic - whether Karma & Reports are broken or not. Where do these references to ' approva'l & 'unfortunate souls' come from?

 

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

Look at your stats

Stat Shaming again.

 

32 minutes ago, _Warfarin_ said:

without lying to me

What? 

 'Approval'? Your approval? 'Unfortunate Souls'? Who might they be? You aren't specific. 'Lying'  Where? Who lied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
231 posts
4,974 battles
Quote

For the chat ban we are taking in account the report for somebody who's reported for a chat violation and if there' indeed a chat violation.

Also, remember than the chat ban doesn't come directly after the chat violation, but sometimes 24h after. 



that doesnt answer the question. or any of the other questions..
but it's good to know that getting chat banned takes a while. makes it seem, like something's working in the background :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×