Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kutfroat

WoWs, WH40k and Khorne.

18 comments in this topic

[21DCS]
Beta Tester
295 posts

As the WH40K Crossover was announced, I was really hyped. I hoped for multiple reskins of all types of ships with slight changes to make them a bit unique. So, now we got 2 different new skins for the same japanese battleship.

The minor sigma buff is even well suited for the - death to the false emperor! - puny Imperial vessel...but for Khorne!? Khorne is all about CQ combat! So if you insist on making an Amagi a Khorne ship, at least buff it's secondary range, reload and dispersion and pen/firechance, even if this would mean it needs a nerf for her mainguns.

Or even better, make a Khorne version of the Massachusettes/Tirpitz/Bismarck.

WG, please try to be a bit more "immersive" with the 40k stuff!

Make a Khorne  version of the Sims/Benson/Z23/ with 30-50% reduced range but +25% dpm to collect all those Imperial skulls in the caps! 😈

What im saying...please put a little bit more effort into this. It will pay off! 

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles

Khorne is like the most recognizable... no, easiest to showcase spiky boi deity, because bloodshed is the most straightforward.

I do agree on Khornate Tirpitz being probably the best pick, either as separate ship or as permanent camo. Charles Martel as ramshackle Ork speed freek kruzer, sleek and nimble Benson Eldar destroyer, Tyranid Kaga carrier and Space Marine Amagi for her broadside weight.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles

Meanwhile Krasny Krym is definitely the kind of spammy, semi-obsolete cruiser the Imperial Guard would operate, complete with the massive hats and the purges.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles

I'm just glad you can turn this stuff off. If people want Warhammer ship combat, maybe this is the wrong game?

Players
1,280 posts
10,027 battles
8 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I'm just glad you can turn this stuff off. If people want Warhammer ship combat, maybe this is the wrong game?

As a glass-half-full kinda guy -- hey, at least it's not anime.

I also wonder why it always has to be Khorne. I guess Nurgle is just too disgusting, Tzeentch too weird, and anything connected to Slaanesh while definitely alluring would mess with the game's age group rating.

• Funny 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

All those long, stiff barrels certainly lend themselves to Slaaneshi imagery :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles
Just now, jss78 said:

I also wonder why it always has to be Khorne. I guess Nurgle is just too disgusting, Tzeentch too weird, and anything connected to Slaanesh while definitely alluring would mess with the game's age group rating.

Bloodshed is easiest to portray. Death and disease... I mean, you could create rotting, rusting away ship skin, but then we already have Halloween ones in the same flavor.

Scheming, magic and plans within plans of Tzeentch... how you translate into warboats? You could go with Thousand Sons theme, but then it would be "just blue/gold weirdboat". Slaanesh... yeah, no. Maybe as Emperor Children or somesuch.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,475 posts
4,000 battles
1 hour ago, TeaAndTorps said:

Meanwhile Krasny Krym is definitely the kind of spammy, semi-obsolete cruiser the Imperial Guard would operate, complete with the massive hats and the purges.

Hmm, yes, that would work. But I would have rather gone for something a bit more steam-punkish, with a knife-prow and a lot of turrets. The Bogatyr, perhaps, or the Nassau? The König Albert:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Hmm, yes, that would work. But I would have rather gone for something a bit more steam-punkish, with a knife-prow and a lot of turrets. The Bogatyr, perhaps, or the Nassau? The König Albert:cap_hmm:

How exactly you sell tier 3 ship for 50€:cap_hmm:

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
20 minutes ago, jss78 said:

As a class-half-full kinda guy -- hey, at least it's not anime.

Don't worry, we'll be back soon enough.

And AL Littorio is an interesting, though absolutely bonkers premium, not just reskinned Roma.

Beta Tester
3,475 posts
4,000 battles
24 minutes ago, jss78 said:

What I'm wondering is, why haven't they already gone for an all-out...

Cthulhu Mythos Squamous Camo Collection?

It would be the obvious thing to do. The Mythos already abounds with tentacles and squids and fish-gods and all sorts of squamous horrors, so the marine theme is there from the start. And it's all open source now, or most of it anyway, so they can go right ahead without worrying about intellectual rights and stuff. It would be Eldritch and Unmentionable and Nerdy as Heck. I mean, sure, having "Blood for the Blood God" written in Ruinous Runes on the prow is seriously cool - but does it beat sailing out under the Wrong Stars, flying the Elder Signal and with the call for "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu f'thagn!!!" written i Aklo across the stern? (Hint: No it bloody well doesn't.)

To be fair to Wargaming, they have already come a good part of the way with some of their special halloween camos. It only needs an extra touch of cosmic horror!

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
14,367 battles

I would like to see a WoWs - Star Trek Crossover.

Klingon Disruptor Battleships, Romulan Plasma Cruisers :cap_rambo:

Beta Tester
3,475 posts
4,000 battles
21 minutes ago, Panocek said:

How exactly you sell tier 3 ship for 50€:cap_hmm:

Good point. But I suspect that many who would hesitate to fork over 50€ for a poor man's tier VIII Amagi clone, would happily spend 10€ on an alternate version of a tier III ship, just for laughs.

If you ask me, though, I believe that they should rather sell special camos for existing ships, than push out new premiums that are nothing but clones of old ones but with some tweaked-around stats.

Players
10,377 posts
12,044 battles
9 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Good point. But I suspect that many who would hesitate to fork over 50€ for a poor man's tier VIII Amagi clone, would happily spend 10€ on an alternate version of a tier III ship, just for laughs.

If you ask me, though, I believe that they should rather sell special camos for existing ships, than push out new premiums that are nothing but clones of old ones but with some tweaked-around stats.

Yes, camouflages remove whole need for coming up with ship clones tweaked just for sake of tweaking.

Or just go with clone as is.

• Cool 1

Players
151 posts
4,401 battles

Relam Of Brass And Blood

"I saw constant battle. Man fought Daemon. Lightning fought volcano. Geysers of molten brass fought lakes of steaming blood. There was no respite, no peace. That which emerged victorious was immediately set upon by another foe even more terrible. It was blood, spraying and jetting, and skulls adding to a throne that pierced the red skies. It was endless screams of rage and fury made incarnate. It was... glorious."

— Desark Slet, vision-geist of the Encrusted Blade

Their baying chills the heart and spreads icy tendrils of fear through weak mortal souls. And yet worse, yet more terrible to behold, are the huntsmen of this fell pack. Following close upon the Hounds, urging them ever forward, come deformed shapes, running and shrieking, driven by the insatiable blood-hunger of their kind. With twisted crimson bodies they stride across the blighted land, crouched over as if the better to track their prey's terror. Masters of the hunt, they seek the blood of Man to spill at the foot of their master's Skull Throne.

...That what is to be follower of Khorne not some puny Amagi

[SM0KE]
Players
6,950 posts
15,461 battles
2 hours ago, jss78 said:

Slaanesh while definitely alluring would mess with the game's age group rating.

Apart from the colour palette, the 'gimp suit' ships kind of have a suitable vibe, for those inclined in that sort of direction....

• Funny 3

Players
1,090 posts
3 hours ago, Procrastes said:

What I'm wondering is, why haven't they already gone for an all-out...

Cthulhu Mythos Squamous Camo Collection?

It would be the obvious thing to do. The Mythos already abounds with tentacles and squids and fish-gods and all sorts of squamous horrors, so the marine theme is there from the start. And it's all open source now, or most of it anyway, so they can go right ahead without worrying about intellectual rights and stuff. It would be Eldritch and Unmentionable and Nerdy as Heck. I mean, sure, having "Blood for the Blood God" written in Ruinous Runes on the prow is seriously cool - but does it beat sailing out under the Wrong Stars, flying the Elder Signal and with the call for "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu f'thagn!!!" written i Aklo across the stern? (Hint: No it bloody well doesn't.)

To be fair to Wargaming, they have already come a good part of the way with some of their special halloween camos. It only needs an extra touch of cosmic horror!

:Smile_Default:

Forum, why can I not +like this post more than once?!

And of course we now have subs in-game, so essentially there's no reason not to have dread Cthhulhu himself as a premium, at maybe a tier or two higher than ol' Father Dagon ;)

As for why it's Khorne: that's GW's colour palette nowadays; they're either trying to peddle blue-and-gold Ultrasmurfs vs. red-and-bronze World Eaters (if they're not just using generic Berserkers now...), or gold-and-blue Sigmarines against red-and-bronze Khornate Warriors (or whatever they're called now in Age of Sigmar). Tzeentch is too multi-coloured, Nurgle is too green (doesn't contrast well enough) and Slaanesh is too peni- I mean, pink...

• Cool 2

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,328 battles
5 hours ago, Kutfroat said:

WG, please try to be a bit more "immersive" with the 40k stuff!

Please don't encourage this ........... please (as if anyone will listen to me, lol) ........  :Smile_child:

Sign in to follow this