You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll] Have you bought or will you buy the new KM Tier IX Heavy Cruiser "Ägir" for 1.000.000 "Free XP" ?

Have you bought or will you buy the new KM Tier IX Heavy Cruiser "Ägir" for 1.000.000 "Free XP" ?  

285 members have voted

1. 1. Have you bought or will you buy the new KM Tier IX Heavy Cruiser "Ägir" for 1.000.000 "Free XP" ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

117 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,081 posts
18,883 battles

Hi all,

[Poll] Have you bought or will you buy the new KM Tier IX Heavy Cruiser "Ägir" for 1.000.000 "Free XP" ?

According to "Proships.ru":

https://proships.ru/stat/eu/s/99999-

there are already 6315 unique Player IDs who own this ship... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

No. Already too much ships and Ägir doesn't look very appealing. The "too much ships" is also my main problem, so even for 10k FXP I'd probably skip it.

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,982 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

No. Already too much ships and Ägir doesn't look very appealing. The "too much ships" is also my main problem, so even for 10k FXP I'd probably skip it.

You mean you're fed up with ships? No more new content is needed? 

• Funny 2

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

I bought the Siegfried with RB points, no need for a worse version.

Siegfried is extremely good though. And Odin will be fun when I have her, so why bothering with Ägir? Considering Siegfried and Odin that I have (or will have), I believe I have better to do with free exp.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
2 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

You mean you're fed up with ships? No more new content is needed? 

Not necessarilly ... I'm not the "be all, end all" opinion. If ... let's say ... WG brings Slava for 1 mil FXP, it'd be an insta buy. Others may find Ägir appealing, I do not. Not "broken/OP/fun" enough for me.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
4,381 posts
5,713 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Not necessarilly ... I'm not the "be all, end all" opinion. If ... let's say ... WG brings Slava for 1 mil FXP, it'd be an insta buy. Others may find Ägir appealing, I do not. Not "broken/OP/fun" enough for me.

If Slava ever comes in for FXP I bet it will be at least 2 mil. We all know that wg likes to increase prices.

• Cool 4

Players
563 posts

Not yet. Listening to testers, Siegfried seems to be the better ship and I certainly won't buy both. On the other hand, farming 47k research points take a long, long time while 1 Mio FXP is less daunting.

Hopefully there will be T9 Ranked or Clan Battles in the foreseeable future. Either makes it much easier to evaluate new ships.

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles
2 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

Not yet. Listening to testers, Siegfried seems to be the better ship and I certainly won't buy both. On the other hand, farming 47k research points take a long, long time while 1 Mio FXP is less daunting.

Siegfried is a blast. Very accurate 380mm guns are really fun. Even if you have only 6 of them. 

Actually, if she had more the ship would be blatantly op.

It's the first ship I buy with RB and I really don't regret it.

• Cool 3

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles

A lot of people prefer Agir over Siegfried. I don't have Siegfried yet, but I love the Agir!

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,745 posts
15,129 battles

I bought it, it is a very good ship.

Great fun especially up close where the armour works well.

If you’re planning on buying Siegfried, there is probably no reason to buy the Agir.

Siegfried guns are much better at long range though at close range they are probably worse. Siegfried does have better protected torpedo tubes and long range secondaries that counter this. 

• Cool 2

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
34 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

If Slava ever comes in for FXP I bet it will be at least 2 mil.

Of course inflation is a thing. I just used the 1 mil FXP to make a point. Given Slava's current state I'd deem her still broken enough to be worth 2mil for me.

4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Strangely enough our "April Little White Mose"

Keep in mind though that she has quite a lot of ships to review (given how she always points that out during her reviews). Also have the feeling she dialed back a bit. We'll see. I'm sure it'll come.

Players
77 posts
16,806 battles
40 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

If Slava ever comes in for FXP I bet it will be at least 2 mil. We all know that wg likes to increase prices.

Would have nothing to do with inflation at all. Slava is a T10 and the FXP cost for the two T10s we have so far is 2 mil in both cases. 1 mil FXP is for T9. If you want to argue inflation you would have to throw out a number around 2,5 mil FXP at least.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
1,095 posts
23,279 battles

I bought the Agir with a week cooldown period because I have (had) the 1 mil FXP ready.

it was a trade-off between Ohio, Siegfried and Agir. Have the research tokens for one ship research ship and the 1 m FXP for Agir. But that FXP could also be used to speed up the 2 current re- researched silver lines in progress enabling the purchase of a second research ship at the cost of spending my FXP. In the end decided to buy the Agir. Although with the Odin it’s a bit crowded in the German premiums.

First coop game was fun and scored 950+xp in a coop which is quite good ( not that I claim coop games are skill though, but I like to test a ship out in coop before going untested into randoms) 

Will only buy Siegfried after Ohio though.  And that will require finishing my current 2 lines and one additional one after the reset for double bonus.

But are there more differences between Agir and Siegfried  beyond to the main guns? Thought the platforms were identical.

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles
11 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

I bought the Agir with a week cooldown period because I have (had) the 1 mil FXP ready.

it was a trade-off between Ohio, Siegfried and Agir. Have the research tokens for one ship research ship and the 1 m FXP for Agir. But that FXP could also be used to speed up the 2 current re- researched silver lines in progress enabling the purchase of a second research ship at the cost of spending my FXP. In the end decided to buy the Agir. Although with the Odin it’s a bit crowded in the German premiums.

First coop game was fun and scored 950+xp in a coop which is quite good ( not that I claim coop games are skill though, but I like to test a ship out in coop before going untested into randoms) 

Will only buy Siegfried after Ohio though.  And that will require finishing my current 2 lines and one additional one after the reset for double bonus.

But are there more differences between Agir and Siegfried  beyond to the main guns? Thought the platforms were identical.

Agir has more secondaries but with a much shorter range for them. Agir has lower caliber but higher sigma (needs to be checked) on the main guns, and has more of them with faster reload. It gives you less overpens on some cruisers. Siegfried has a plane, while Agir does not have it. Also, the torpedo launchers are located elsewhere.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,101 posts
11,694 battles

I don't like cruisers that don't have smoke.  So the answer is no.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,081 posts
18,883 battles

Hi all,

43 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Keep in mind though that she has quite a lot of ships to review (given how she always points that out during her reviews). Also have the feeling she dialed back a bit. We'll see. I'm sure it'll come.

I noticed that as well...

BTW, out of the CC's only (AFAIK) "NoZoupForYou" made stand-alone proper "Ägir" review...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SHAD]
Players
3,745 posts
15,129 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

Siegfried has far more accurate guns and 25mm overmatch.

It is great for citadelling cruisers and battleships at range.

Agir is probably better at citadelling cruisers at closer ranges and getting more consistent damage against battleships at close range due to higher dpm.

Siegfried has torps mounted in the case mate so they are less likely to be destroyed. I use the secondary module on the Siegfried so I get nearly 10km of secondary range without a secondary spec. Yesterday I brawled a Yamato with Siegfried  and did 25k secondary damage and killed him. Also got two close quarter experts. I quite like this build.

Siegfried is much better at long range and about as efficient as the Agir at close range.

20200622091452_1.jpg

20200622091441_1.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles
22 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

BTW, out of the CC's only (AFAIK) " NoZoupForYou" made stand-alone proper "Ägir" review...

There were reviews from smaller streamers like Carbine Carlito or Mountbatten. I felt the American bias in NoZoup's review : "I don't know what to say, not a bad ship... (thinking process started, getting stressed that people would not buy American), buy the Alaska".

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Siegfried has far more accurate guns

Any source on that? I've heard people complaining more about Siegfried's accuracy than that of Agir.

[SINT]
Players
1,095 posts
23,279 battles
13 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There were reviews from smaller streamers like Carbine Carlito or Mountbatten. I felt the American bias in NoZoup's review : "I don't know what to say, not a bad ship (thinking process started, getting stressed that people would not buy American), buy the Alaska".

Only played Agir once, but out of the 4 ( edit 5 supercruisers: forgot Siegfried) T9 supercruisers I like it. That’s the gut feeling/ fun factor  not the “ best ship for ranked” POV.

I dislike the Azuma, long ranged HE spamming combined with vulnerability is not my thing ( and others can do better).

Alaska is AP king with good armor and has radar for the team. You have to learn to get around the slow shells. But you can get relatively close to the action. My nr1 out of the supercruisers ( regard Alaska higher then the T10 PR)

Krohnstadt has that Russian Lol pen, radar but a bit squishy armor and sometimes weird dispersion. For me a close runner up to the Alaska but I am a bit positive biased towards the Krohnstadt.

Agir is for me the most active ship. You cannot go yolo from the first minute but there are possibilities the other 3 don’t have. And it’s the sole one that has torps so even more promoting that close and personal attitude. Might be a new love?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,081 posts
18,883 battles

Hi all,

13 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

There were reviews from smaller streamers like Carbine Carlito or Mountbatten. I felt the American bias in NoZoup's review : "I don't know what to say, not a bad ship... (thinking process started, getting stressed that people would not buy American), buy the Alaska".

Yep... and he "mixed up" the Tier IX "Azuma" with Tier X  "Yoshino"... the "Azuma" doesn't have torps... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

As I had the free XP anyway I spend it on her but didn't equip her yet. Just like I spend the free XP for the Nevsky (not going to grind Donskoi again) only to have her sitting in port doing nothing.

At some point they'll get their upgrade selected and mounted but for now they are port queens, like so many other of the ships that I collected in the past few years.

Players
138 posts
19,660 battles

It could be fun...
... but actually, I'm not so much interested in more ships with the german gimmicks (considering I have plenty at t.7 - Sharn and Gnei-, t.8 -Bismark and Tripitz- and t.10 -GK-).

The game's meta is not really (from long ago) so much keen toward (german) secondaries/brawlers above t.8: Massa is the only exception as secondary build t.8, because for me has good point with a bigger caliber to scare/overpen normal cruisers.

At t.9, I already own an Alaska, that I find more useful for a teamplay (radar, sonar, underwater citadel better than a lesser-than-a-battleship turtleback).

Basically, Odini-Siegfrid-Agir seems to me a lazy group of ships made by WG's employees that were not sure which "Proposed Evoulution of Gneisenau/Sharnorst-class" project use, so they made all at once:
- the bigger Sharnorst (battleship Odin at t.8)
- the smaller Gneisenau (battlecruiser Siegfried, t.9, with same guns but lighter armored hull)
- the uptiered Sharnhorst (battlecruiser Agir, t.9 with slightly bigger guns, but slightly less armor)

Naaaah.
A big pass for me.