Sign in to follow this  
Perguru

Yubari 2nd.ary gun nerf?

16 comments in this topic

[GUKA]
Beta Tester
11 posts
6,406 battles

I had a look at the Yubari again after the patch , and noticed the (one and only) 2nd.ary gun just had 2 km in range .... did it not used to have 4km ?   do I remembr it wrong ?

[BALAM]
Beta Tester
103 posts
5,173 battles

The secondary gun is not even that much smaller than the main armament. It's a 120mm cannon which the earlier Japanese DD carries. In a ship with as few guns as the Yuubari, I don't see why it needed this nerf. I hardly get to even use it in the first place, even if it is at 5km. The Yuubari just not very good when the fight gets too close, nerfing OR buffing that single secondary 120mm cannon will not change a thing.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,599 battles

I would not be adverse to them giving it an ahistorical setup, a bit like Warspite. Give it the main gun that used to be in place of the 120mm. 5 guns isn't much, but it is still 25% better than 4. And that 120mm is just bad right now. And it isn't as if the Yubari can't use an extra main gun.

Beta Tester
375 posts
739 battles

Not a very nice thing to do to people who have already paid real money for this thing...

• Cool 1

[-EMM-]
Beta Tester
8 posts
4,047 battles

I dont know if the range changed, but if so:

Im guessing that it has something to do with the fact that the 120mm gun is a multi purpose gun?

At least it was in the ships datasheet as secondary gun and also as AA gun. So maybe to powerfull vs planes if it can hit planes 4km away?

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,599 battles

I dont know if the range changed, but if so:

Im guessing that it has something to do with the fact that the 120mm gun is a multi purpose gun?

At least it was in the ships datasheet as secondary gun and also as AA gun. So maybe to powerfull vs planes if it can hit planes 4km away?

It has always been DP, and it has never really been good. It has been good in the sense that it has often provoked planes to withdraw. But it's actual damage was paltry. As a short range gun with low damage, yeah that's worthless.

The Yubari is not exactly overpowered with guns, so adding in the old single main gun in it's place would help the ship a bit.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,453 posts
7,292 battles

Yuubari, the worse ship of the preorder pack gets its speed and secondaries ninjanerfed.

Meanwhile, Gremiaschy is still the same.

Why WG? This is pure malice.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles

Yuubari, the worse ship of the preorder pack gets its speed and secondaries ninjanerfed.

Then again, Gremmy took an indrect hit.

57 knot torpedoes? Might as well not have them at all.

130mm AP rounds? Forget about it, spam HE like everything that isn't a BB.

Beta Tester
69 posts
1,980 battles

I had a look at the Yubari again after the patch , and noticed the (one and only) 2nd.ary gun just had 2 km in range .... did it not used to have 4km ?   do I remembr it wrong ?

Nope you are spot on, I hadn't noticed the change but yes pre-patch was 4 km now a measly 2 km - when 'viewed' as secondary battery.

Happily, it retains it's 5 km range when 'viewed' as an AA gun.

I didn't understand the discrepancy, 4 km in one mode and 5 km in the other but now I guess it's that it just reacts to vessels less sensitively than aircraft: such that now no reaction until ships enter the 2 km aura.

Strangely, this exemplifies a reverse logic with regards spotting, as ships are considerable larger than planes ... :amazed:

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,510 battles

C'mon guys, that gun clearly made ship OP and you know it, pre 3.1 it was disgusting how much damage Yuubari could do, even more than tier 10 ships could do!

(sarcasm off)

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,453 posts
7,292 battles

What I really don't get is what kind of feedback was the one that made devs nerf her? From players? Like anyone will complain about Yuubari except a CV or a DD whic incidentally should be countered by a cruiser. From battle statistics? What happened? does Russian testers are gods on the Yuubari? because if they are I want to see then.

[BORF]
Beta Tester
581 posts
1,144 battles

you forget my friend that gemiaschy is a russian ship in a russian game

[REKT]
Beta Tester
318 posts
4,181 battles

The only reason i can come up with is if that is done for when DP guns can shoot at torpedoes?

Sign in to follow this