Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Strange players

23 comments in this topic

Players
2,243 posts
9,100 battles

I was in a Shimakaze starting at the C cap. Most of our group decided to go for B, while me and a Montana were heading towards C. I capped C, and was torp hit by a Halland. The red team had two DDs, a radar Puerto Rico, and two more ships against the two of us, so I started to retreat. The Montana was focused and he decided that somehow I was responsible for his downfall and started to shoot me, while retreating. He managed to hit me and got pink. I had to dodge his other two salvos that he fired at me before finally taken out. I finished second of the team, around 2000XP, with 2 DD and a BB kill.

I know that some players cannot see when it's time to retreat, but blaming a single DD teammate and shooting him was new to me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,452 posts
19,868 battles

I've been shot at by teammates as I'm about to launch my torps just so I won't get the kill. Also been shot at after I've sunk an enemy. Been shot at when the game starts for no reason at all. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to human behavior.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

Players
2,308 posts
20,574 battles

Oh getting shot at by a teammate happens to me every now and then, usually it's done either by the person who comes lowest on the team for base XP and/or was someone camping the back of the map all battle and spamming HE. 

I just send the replay to support and hope WG give them a few days ban.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
3,105 posts

different people, different goals and values, I've encountered it in my first game and in many games since. Especially in DDs. Most hated class secretly, despite what most people (not DDs themselves) profess. I suspect ancient hatred boiling here against the class but you never know people can be just weird or greedy :)

• Cool 1

[GJE]
Players
392 posts
5,296 battles

I just can't be asked anymore with carma or reporting, it's pointless. I was torped by Skane today, guy kept behind his team and was just spamming torps in general direction, I was following his salvos - he had no clue how to aim... In other fight most of BBs decided it was good idea to just go full ahead into the enemy one by one and gloriously die, and it was after we managed to get 2 out of 3 caps and had 2 DDs advantage. All we had to do was to defend... And last one, I had a completely brain dead team that left our only cap unattended, ships near by just ignored fact that 2 red DDs were capping! I tried to alert them in chat, but to no effect, tried to get to the cap on time but failed... 7 mins battle lasted. Final straw for today, not playing anymore. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

It happens, don't pay attention amd move on. If it happens a lot then review your gameplay, ypu may be doing something wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

I bet he could have retreated instead of wasting 3 salvos on allied destroyer. 

Or at least slammed them into that Rico while going down, that might seriously ruin his day

[XTREM]
Players
2,138 posts
15,560 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

He managed to hit me and got pink. I had to dodge his other two salvos that he fired at me before finally taken out.

I could be wrong but If he hit you with his 2 other salvos after going pink, wouldn't he have received a harsher penalty? 

Repeated team damage after going pink will result in a ban no?

Maybe shoulda let him hit you :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,543 posts
27,769 battles
40 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Repeated team damage after going pink will result in a ban no?

And lose probably a paying customer? 

You know WG better than this.

Players
156 posts
1,587 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was in a Shimakaze starting at the C cap. Most of our group decided to go for B, while me and a Montana were heading towards C. I capped C, and was torp hit by a Halland. The red team had two DDs, a radar Puerto Rico, and two more ships against the two of us, so I started to retreat. The Montana was focused and he decided that somehow I was responsible for his downfall and started to shoot me, while retreating. He managed to hit me and got pink. I had to dodge his other two salvos that he fired at me before finally taken out. I finished second of the team, around 2000XP, with 2 DD and a BB kill.

I know that some players cannot see when it's time to retreat, but blaming a single DD teammate and shooting him was new to me.

Yeah this happens lateley with disgrunteld players, I was in T10 game witch is commen these days when you are in an T8 carrier. WG thought we didn't have trouble enough allready. But a Halland was hunting me so I called for help but noone came to the rescue so I tried to sail out of sight but the other DD's thought of my other team mates and joined the hunt. After I was destroyed the conversation put up why there was no help. I said because everybody was out on his own. And that set the fire some blammed me. Where I said what the hell you expect me to do against T10 ships grouped together. My planes are toast the moment i enter AA range. Then someone said don't blame the carrier you where going broadside against another BB and an DD with your Agir. There is totaly no team play in Random Battle. Like it is allready no fun fighting T10 in an T8 carrier. You jave a team arguing the whole time and not helping each other. I really hope next patch will solve the match system because this way getting 195.000 xp is gonna be prety hard grind. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,666 posts
22,495 battles
2 hours ago, dommo77 said:

In other fight most of BBs decided it was good idea to just go full ahead into the enemy one by one and gloriously die, and it was after we managed to get 2 out of 3 caps and had 2 DDs advantage. All we had to do was to defend... And last one, I had a completely brain dead team that left our only cap unattended, ships near by just ignored fact that 2 red DDs were capping! I tried to alert them in chat, but to no effect, tried to get to the cap on time but failed... 7 mins battle lasted. Final straw for today, not playing anymore.  

And if You compare people like that to certain vegetables in the game chat You'll get a chat ban... mine started last week and goes on 'til the 24th.. and yes, it's not the first...

Guess I should keep my chat deactivated... seems to be the only way to not get chatbanned, considering how such a large portion of the players act in game ^^

• Cool 3

[TWS]
Players
489 posts
6,207 battles

Problem is, CV's and Radar have made DD play cautious as hell, so the raging starts as soon as the DD's don't yolo a cap from the start.

DD's won't go in because the CA's have all parked behind a safe rock some 13km from cap.

BB's are fighting to be behind eachother on a charge to the flank.

By which point the name calling starts. Then one of those BB's gets obliterated sailing broadside and blames the DD in chat.... descend into toxic hell from there.

Notwithstanding the overwhelming number of bots shooting at the water, beaching, or sailing across the back of the map and back over the last few days....

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,318 battles

I don't always like cap rushing when I play a DD as this can now be a bit of a solo death run but I still do this anyway.

Not because team mates may shoot at me but because if I don't, you all know the Red team will be capping all three caps while my coward team fails to contest even one cap.

This *EDIT* behaviour is seen too often by the green (your) team to not be an intentional  WF dumping of *EDIT* players onto the one team &, ofc, WS giving auto Ws to their preferred paying players.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

An Alasca once charged the cap and I spammed him with "get back". He ignored me, got detected, turned and ate huge salvo while turning.

So I spammed him with couple of "well done". He got mad and started block ramming and shooting at my BB for the rest of his miserable short existence...

• Funny 2

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts

Allied players trying or succeeding to inflict damage on me is common enough (I do not count bots, who obviously have been programmed to teamkill at every opportunity, especially if you bomb an enemy sub). If you get shot at right at the start of the game repeatedly and that person gloats and spams in chat about it, then I shrug and attribute his condition to his parents being probably siblings to continue a family tradtion spanning several generations, and file a report that - in all likelihood - will vanish without a trace.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles

there was a scenario in ranked play that user go afk or he pc crash when battle started, but he ship continue move,

they full team think'ed that its some kind battle tactic and they followed the afk guy.

basically they lose battle because off that one afk guy who lead them location where enemy have good spot to kill them.

sometimes indeed players act strange , like they self not have brain

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
8,160 posts
41,990 battles

People like this should get doubloon penalty so he won't enter any battle unless he'll pay 2k dubs for intended shooting his allies. I'm sure people world never ever do such thing. 

• Cool 3

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

In a DD I've been shot at by a friendly Atlanta for about 45 seconds for the crime of not going where they wanted me to go - In Co-Op of all places :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[GWR]
Players
567 posts
9,710 battles

i asked for intelligence data once and a friendly Ibuki decided to torp me until he died from reflected damage....nice, i had an Akizuki game where i didn't rush into the cap immediately and cap so a friendly Smolensk shot me until he died, i spotted instead we got control of cap and then i capped it, you can't win a game in the first minute but you can lose it....those 20 minutes must be an eternity for some players

Players
813 posts
2,277 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

<snip> I spammed him with "get back".

<snip>

Funnily enough that is one of the things I report people for.

Reasons:

It's always too late,

repetitive use of chat blocks other more usefull messages, like the continual map ping

You don't know what their plan is or what they've talked about in voice chat.

• Bad 2

[TTT]
Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

I genuinely don't want to stifle discussions in any way shape or form but I have to close down one of these threads every other week.

They can all be summed up as "bad players are bad".

Again, I totally understand the sentiment - I have often been frustrated as well. But these threads always just devolve into name-calling which doesn't do anything for them. 

Locked.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1