Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Padds01

Ludendorff for?

86 comments in this topic

[-LA-]
Players
708 posts
5,380 battles

Just wondered if they have mentioned what this t9 upcoming german BB will be bought with ? steel coal research etc 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

They said Coal IIRC but you never know 100% till its final

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
14,368 battles

Im waiting for Champagne, Ludendorff (new name Pommern) or anything new. 

Players
40 posts
9,742 battles
8 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

coal, that what they tell in stream, but i guess it not come anytime soon

I almost sank one last week in Random, so she should be well advanced in testing

[-LA-]
Players
708 posts
5,380 battles

oo thats great guys thanks , got 250k sitting there and nothing i want to buy this will do nicely!

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles
1 hour ago, unterbotesee said:

I almost sank one last week in Random, so she should be well advanced in testing

I would disagree. 

As it is a german ship there will be alot of nerfing-iterations until it is ready to publish. ;-) 

• Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
28 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I would disagree. 

As it is a german ship there will be alot of nerfing-iterations until it is ready to publish. ;-) 

Minimum 35 s of base reload if nothing else... :cap_haloween:

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,330 battles

Nothing.

I will be spending nothing on whatever it is WF will want for this (another) farce ship.

• Cool 1

Players
4,391 posts
5,713 battles

I was hyped about this ship until a lighter in my head pop out and I realized that her guns are Bismarck / Tirpitz guns. Even same model of guns with just addition of 1 on each turret.

If this turns out to be just uptiered Tirpitz than I doubt im gonna buy her.

Now im focused to earn some more Coal as I sit on ~145k to get to 175k for that Legendary Russian Commander Kuznetsov(?)

Players
1,331 posts
21,018 battles
21 hours ago, Honighode said:

Im waiting for Champagne, Ludendorff (new name Pommern) or anything new. 

Renaming it to Pommern would be... quite unfortunate, to say the least. Although not as cursed as Blücher for a combat vessel, the fate of her historical predecessor in WWI isn't a good omen. Or maybe it's precisely being renamed because of that, among other reasons.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Players
294 posts
4,347 battles
10 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Renaming it to Pommern would be... quite unfortunate, to say the least. Although not as cursed as Blücher for a combat vessel, the fate of her historical predecessor in WWI isn't a good omen. Or maybe it's precisely being renamed because of that, among other reasons.

Salute.

I feel like the reasons for the renaming was more to do with what the man stood for. He was an anti-semite amongst other things. 

I honestly still prefer it to the name "Pommern". I think that Ludendorff is a powerful name for a German Battleship, if only just because of the role he played in WW1. 

Players
1,331 posts
21,018 battles
10 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

I feel like the reasons for the renaming was more to do with what the man stood for.

I know, which is why I said "among other reasons".

Salute.

[-LA-]
Players
708 posts
5,380 battles
14 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I was hyped about this ship until a lighter in my head pop out and I realized that her guns are Bismarck / Tirpitz guns. Even same model of guns with just addition of 1 on each turret.

If this turns out to be just uptiered Tirpitz than I doubt im gonna buy her.

Now im focused to earn some more Coal as I sit on ~145k to get to 175k for that Legendary Russian Commander Kuznetsov(?)

as i understand it its along the lines of tirpitz guns and torps on a FDG hull with GK turret layout  

Players
4,391 posts
5,713 battles
8 hours ago, Padds01 said:

as i understand it its along the lines of tirpitz guns and torps on a FDG hull with GK turret layout  

Something like that yes. But this ship would be much better if they make it uptier on TX and replace those Bismarck guns with Grose guns.

That way it would be closer to Kurfurst but with less accuracy.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
54 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Something like that yes. But this ship would be much better if they make it uptier on TX and replace those Bismarck guns with Grose guns.

And Kurf is widely renown as the most accurate BB on T10, oh wait... :cap_yes:

[BABBY]
Players
800 posts
11,632 battles
4 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

This makes no sense, same hull as FdG but with more guns and torps? What would be the reason of FdG having just 8 guns then if this was possible from the beginning?

Players
4,391 posts
5,713 battles
4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

And Kurf is widely renown as the most accurate BB on T10, oh wait... :cap_yes:

Well he maybe isn't the most accurate TX but he can deal some damage for sure. Saw it many times.

And Luden could have similar guns but with lower sigma to counterpart the torpedo ''advantage''.

44 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

This makes no sense, same hull as FdG but with more guns and torps? What would be the reason of FdG having just 8 guns then if this was possible from the beginning?

You didn't saw the 'accurate' part.

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

This ship currently looks a fair bit stronger than Alsace. 
Better accuracy

better secondaries

better armour

Though it is slower.

I expect it will get nerfed in testing.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Making a 12x406 version of Ludendorf for T10 would require them making some other arangement for Furst something like 8x480 or similar ans thats not likely to happen as the previous experience shows the up-gunned version is more likely to be a freemium...

Also FDG is a proper design AFAIK so it definetly has its place in the line as it is, triple 15" version Pommern has become might or might not be one of possible variants, germany did have triple mount turrets for smaller calibers and although these are bigger guns techinical option for them certanly was within their abilities so I have no imersion issues with Pommern

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
22 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Making a 12x406 version of Ludendorf for T10 would require them making some other arangement for Furst something like 8x480 or similar ans thats not likely to happen as the previous experience shows the up-gunned version is likely to be a freemium...

If they'd make a T10 version, I'd honestly prefer if they just take a base FdG with 4x2 406s or the 420s on the 406s reload, give it 2.0 sigma and torps and call it a day. A less accurate Kurfürst is like the least of things we need, even if it gets torps.

24 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Also FDG is a proper design AFAIK so it definetly has its place in the line as it is, triple 15" version Pommern has become might or might not be one of possible variants, germany did have triple mount turrets for smaller calibers and although these are bigger guns techinical option for them certanly was within their abilities so I have no imersion issues with Pommern

Triple 38 cm would likely have been more feasable than actually building the Kurfürst and operating it. While I do keep the GK around for stupid container events, the ship just screams "impractical" and I don't like playing it. Even other paper designs like the British or French seem less silly. Conqueror at least design-wise seems well-balanced.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Players
800 posts
11,632 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

You didn't saw the 'accurate' part.

And you missed my point. From the engineering side, why build a ship with 8 guns if its possible to fit 12 of the same guns? There would need to be weight savings somewhere, possibly reducing the armor to (battle)cruiser levels.

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,782 battles
Vor 15 Stunden, Communist_Loli sagte:

I think that Ludendorff is a powerful name for a German Battleship,

So that at least the name is powerful?

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
9 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

So that at least the name is powerful?

Got an issue with Pommern?

How "powerful" a name is is up to whoever perceives it. Take Yoshino and you likely get people ranging from having no association whatsoever, to people giggling because they think of Yoshi from Super Mario, people who associate it with anime characters like Yoshino from Date a Live to people who consider it a name on par with Yamato, due to the cultural significance of Yoshino and its cherry trees as a symbol of Japanese culture and spirit (or Yamato damashii). A name deserving of what is supposedly the epitome of IJN cruiser design.

Sign in to follow this