Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Purnylla

Submarine captains

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
436 posts
13,443 battles

So my rental period for the submarine just ended, but the captains are placed to reserve. Unfortunately they cannot be retrained for any other ships, so what's the point of having these 3 19-point captains in my reserve? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,313 posts
14,103 battles

I'm sure there will be another testing round and you keep the commanders as long as testing is scheduled. 

 

That's how it works with the supertest-commanders, so will most likely be the same here too.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

I'm sure there will be another testing round and you keep the commanders as long as testing is scheduled. 

 

 

if im not mistaken then there will no test anymore, they will release submarines after this test, either end off year or early next year.

 

also like they tell, captains will be removed from you account. they give those for this test period.

 

what happens after release of submarines? it can be that dd will get the radar jammer.

 

this info is all "maybe". because i not work at there. but i have this huge deja vu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,313 posts
14,103 battles
Vor 35 Minuten, gabberworld sagte:

 

if im not mistaken then there will no test anymore, they will release submarines after this test, either end off year or early next year.

 

I see, then they will probably be removed when all subs are removed and the submarine-battles end.

 

Vor 3 Minuten, U69_2020 sagte:

Do we at least receive the ship XP that we earned with the subs - maybe as free XP?

XP gets usually transfered to the T1-ship of the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
Just now, Smeggo said:

XP gets usually transfered to the T1-ship of the line.

I do not see how this is supposed to be useful, but well... maybe I can upgrade my Hermelin for 200k XP to Super Hermelin...

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Modder
2,313 posts
14,103 battles

Well, you can always throw in dubloons to get free-XP, I suppose :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
5 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Well, you can always throw in dubloons to get free-XP, I suppose :Smile_hiding:

Nah, I do not get enough dubloons from login bonus...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
19 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

I do not see how this is supposed to be useful, but well... maybe I can upgrade my Hermelin for 200k XP to Super Hermelin...

Something like that, maybe...

superhermelin.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
22 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

I do not see how this is supposed to be useful, but well... maybe I can upgrade my Hermelin for 200k XP to Super Hermelin...

that is not bad idea, every time when you regrind the ship line, they will get stronger. at least then there is some purpose for regrind the line again from 0 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

if im not mistaken then there will no test anymore, they will release submarines after this test, either end off year or early next year.

I dont think so, I expect another test iteration with "tweaked" mechanics late summer or early fall, probably for T8 allowing for additional assessment of mechanics themselves as well as initial balance for T8 boats so they can be in early access either in time for anniversary celebrations or christmas campaign...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
24 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I dont think so, I expect another test iteration with "tweaked" mechanics late summer or early fall, probably for T8 allowing for additional assessment of mechanics themselves as well as initial balance for T8 boats so they can be in early access either in time for anniversary celebrations or christmas campaign...

 

other ship tests  i thing will todo the cc guys and st guys. but it is maybe, like i tell.

 

if they give us test every ship, they will spoil event release .

 

also they already included some submarines to the game, those we not have access for playing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,948 posts
10,006 battles
3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

if im not mistaken then there will no test anymore,

Have a look at the submarine-thread, @MrConway stated there will be some changes and then a new test. 

I suppose that they'll keep it T6 again, too. With changes. And then maybe another, if they still do not meet requirements. 

There is PLENTY enough room to get them "in shape" for X-mas. After T6 meets requirements, other tiers. At least that would be my guess. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
10 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Have a look at the submarine-thread, @MrConway stated there will be some changes and then a new test. 

I suppose that they'll keep it T6 again, too. With changes. And then maybe another, if they still do not meet requirements. 

There is PLENTY enough room to get them "in shape" for X-mas. After T6 meets requirements, other tiers. At least that would be my guess. 

yeah i read that, it's really weird tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,948 posts
10,006 battles
2 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

yeah i read that, it's really weird tho.

Why (and what) is weird? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Why (and what) is weird? 

 

it sounds like it will be exactly like TST server tests was, 4 test in public

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,107 battles
22 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Have a look at the submarine-thread, @MrConway stated there will be some changes and then a new test. 

I suppose that they'll keep it T6 again, too. With changes. And then maybe another, if they still do not meet requirements. 

There is PLENTY enough room to get them "in shape" for X-mas. After T6 meets requirements, other tiers. At least that would be my guess. 

 

We will have to see, right now a decision on how to proceed hasn't been made yet.

 

But either way, with our supertest and public test systems, there will be many more tests! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
12 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We will have to see, right now a decision on how to proceed hasn't been made yet.

 

But either way, with our supertest and public test systems, there will be many more tests! :)

There better be couse current implementation is utterly broken... I mean the entire concept is broken but we all know that wont stop it from making it into randoms sooner or later...

 

For instance the air spotting is so low even for a surfaced sub you simply cannot target her with rocket planes and if you come in already in attack mode you cant turn enough hence its just not possible to aim at it and hence you cant decap a base unless you have a permanent spotting...

 

Also the safe depth of 6 m has to go at least in current form, sub can just hover around it when a DD is approaching and you cant use depth charges on it, it just "surfaces" (being immune to depth charges above 5.9 m) and plants you 2-4 torps in the face while you are literally helpless to retaliate with more then a shell or two in return before dying and DDs are supposed to be the prime hard counter... Yeeesss right.... We better dont even mention what happens to a cruiser in that situation as a DD can sometimes at least dodge the salvo cruiser however usually cannot...

 

Also the spotting mechanic is utterly broken as a sub can spot you while underwater for several km even without hydro and even if you are in a smoke, in the meanwhile you need to sail directly overhead to drop the depth charges and avoid getting torped by it, naturally their entire team unloads on you as soon as you start to approach the position to fire, even bots can snuff a DD out in few seconds, if you dont go for the sub only other option (including a DD if she is escorted) is running away and praying you make it out of spotting range before you are annihilated as lingering withing few km guarantees a homing torpedo strike sooner or later...

 

Also capital ships having no counter to submerged subs is well shall we say an "interesting" choice since it makes like 1/3 of the ships in the game and usually 1/2 of the ships in an average  Random team a "speshul choice" and "muh play as a team and keep your DDs/CLs alive" is a moot point as you cannot stop them going forward and besides they need to spot and cap so they will get killed at which point the match is a close aproximation of a T4 CV infestd match only the torps are of the instakill and not a pecking to death variety...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
6,948 posts
10,006 battles
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

 

it sounds like it will be exactly like TST server tests was, 4 test in public

 

Except this time EVERYBODY has access. Not just people that are interested enough to install the lot.

And WG will make sure enough people play it, which was a problem in CV-test. So this time, not just b0ts and CVs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
1,052 posts
4,771 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, BLUB__BLUB sagte:

Except this time EVERYBODY has access. Not just people that are interested enough to install the lot.

And WG will make sure enough people play it, which was a problem in CV-test. So this time, not just b0ts and CVs. 

 

It seems like they hear feedback at least. But we have to see what they are doing based on that feedback. I have the feeling that most people don't want subs at all. Still we will get them for the sake of new content. They can be good. But it will be a game changer no matter what. I just hope that it changes the game to the better not to the worst. But with the current state it's unfortunately closer to the worse and that's sad. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,986 battles
5 minutes ago, Aixin said:

But with the current state it's unfortunately closer to the worse and that's sad. 

 

worse in what way?

current test is tier 6, in most battles there is 65% bots and 35% players. also kill the submarines is easy, maybe even too easy.

but if we talk the tier 10 then detecting ships like that with submarines is actually very bad because tier 10 ships have huge shoot range.

it means also that ships not need move at start position at all ,and start snipe from long range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

worse in what way?

current test is tier 6, in most battles there is 65% bots and 35% players. also kill the submarines is easy, maybe even too easy.

but if we talk the tier 10 then detecting ships like that with submarines is actually very bad because tier 10 ships have huge shoot range.

it means also that ships not need move at start position at all ,and start snipe from long range

Worse like this for instance, doesnt even matter on which side you end up at this moment

ggrgrd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
12 hours ago, Yedwy said:

it just "surfaces" (being immune to depth charges above 5.9 m) and plants you 2-4 torps in the face while you are literally helpless to retaliate with more then a shell or two in return before dying

Sorry, but then you are driving your DD wrong. Do you know the extremely narrow torpedo angles of subs? Their glacial turning capability? Look on the minimap. Point and end of the sub's "arrow" icon = bad. Just approach it from the side, there are some ~150° blind spots where a sub cannot harm you. And you do not need to use your guns if this proves to be ineffective, because on the surface your own torps work totally fine, and they can be launched laterally with you staying out of the sub's engagement vector all the time.

subr1.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
3 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

Sorry, but then you are driving your DD wrong. Do you know the extremely narrow torpedo angles of subs? Their glacial turning capability? Look on the minimap. Point and end of the sub's "arrow" icon = bad. Just approach it from the side, there are some ~150° blind spots where a sub cannot harm you. And you do not need to use your guns if this proves to be ineffective, because on the surface your own torps work totally fine, and they can be launched laterally with you staying out of the sub's engagement vector all the time.

Well you know you dont always have the luxury of aligning for the side you will approach something, there are those things called islands, I know its a travesty... Besides yes I do know and I played few battles in each of the subs and dozens in other ships and I am not pulling this statement out of my a** btw she can dive under torps even easier then under gunfire although that is one off the ways to deal with surfacing issue while divebombing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well you know you dont always have the luxury of aligning for the side you will approach something, there are those things called islands, I know its a travesty... Besides yes I do know and I played few battles in each of the subs and dozens in other ships and I am not pulling this statement out of my a** btw she can dive under torps even easier then under gunfire

Ok, then I am just lucky - because I have played a maybe 100 or so sub battles, both with DD and sub, and only 1 time - before I knew about that unholy 6m crap - has my DD been hit by sub torpedoes. And I go for subs with both DD and sub all the time. If islands are a problem, hydro penetrates them as easily as radar (from what I have heard). So, even with that exploit in existence, a DD is probably the safest ship to use if fighting a cumbersome submarine. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×