You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anktarktic1

enemy bot runs away in coop games

22 comments in this topic

[GABBA]
Players
19 posts
48,510 battles

Enemy bot(s) in coop games run away from me (maybe from other players too, dont know this) from either start of the game or when they spot me. Sometimes it is just one bot who runs away, sometimes it is a group of up to three bots who upon seeing me all turn 180 degrees and run away from me. This makes the game even more unenjoyable, as I have to chase the bots the whole game and I play mostly battleships, which are mostly slow (with few exceptions). One of the reasons I play the coop mode is that I can actually shoot the enemy and even use my secondary guns, while in modes against people (random, ranked...) the gameplay is different, is more about hiding behind islands and in the smoke, therefore the use of secondaries (which I like most) is very limited. But if enemy bots runs away from me in coop battles, it takes all the fun even from coop game mode, becomes running and chasing game, not shooting and fighting.

In my recent battle, enemy battleship changed course from the very beginning of the game: he turned 90 degrees right and run the whole game from me. He didnt run for other targets, nor for capture points, just running away from me to ruin the game for me. Warning, little joke coming: He is evil and he was probably trained in the coward academy!

Screenshots and replay is added as an evidence to this horrible crime.

Literally millions of other similiar crimes are described in my other post, which nobody paid attention to:

evidence1.jpg

evidence2.jpg

20200622_110453_PASB729-Georgia_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles

Bots have some weird way of fighting these days, some (? all?) want to engage specific ships. Ive had incidents, where the entire bot train ran to the border, because a human DD went there :cap_fainting:I think it was that map even, i spawned where you did, all bots ran to 10 line because our DD camped there...

Beta Tester
1,038 posts
16,898 battles
24 minutes ago, Anktarktic1 said:

Enemy bot(s) in coop games run away from me

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Bots have some weird way of fighting these days

Are you sure you dont mistake this with random?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LUZ1]
Players
1,379 posts
14,463 battles

Bots are getting more and more human :cap_haloween:

Would they be sniffing glue already? :Smile_trollface:

[CAIN]
Players
4,937 posts
20,778 battles
26 minutes ago, Anktarktic1 said:

Enemy bot(s) in coop games run away from me (maybe from other players too, dont know this) from either start of the game or when they spot me. Sometimes it is just one bot who runs away, sometimes it is a group of up to three bots who upon seeing me all turn 180 degrees and run away from me. This makes the game even more unenjoyable, as I have to chase the bots the whole game and I play mostly battleships, which are mostly slow (with few exceptions). One of the reasons I play the coop mode is that I can actually shoot the enemy and even use my secondary guns, while in modes against people (random, ranked...) the gameplay is different, is more about hiding behind islands and in the smoke, therefore the use of secondaries (which I like most) is very limited. But if enemy bots runs away from me in coop battles, it takes all the fun even from coop game mode, becomes running and chasing game, not shooting and fighting.

In my recent battle, enemy battleship changed course from the very beginning of the game: he turned 90 degrees right and run the whole game from me. He didnt run for other targets, nor for capture points, just running away from me to ruin the game for me. Warning, little joke coming: He is evil and he was probably trained in the coward academy!

Literally millions of other similiar crimes are described in my other post, which nobody paid attention to:

evidence1.jpg

evidence2.jpg

20200622_110453_PASB729-Georgia_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

Smart AI is smart.

They are learning from actual BB players, which in this case is of course a bad thing.

#ThePu**ificationOfBBKindIsSpreading

• Funny 2

[ENUF_]
Players
647 posts
23,791 battles

My guess is: WG changed the bots to prolong the coop matches. That's basically a nerf of xp, credits etc. and to be able to do mission as effectively as before (you can do more missions/directives in coop now, but WG wants you to do these in randoms). This kind of nerf is much less obvious than the direct one they did with the operations.

Also: The addition of bot CVs on both sides in most coop matches is prolonging it even more. The bot CV will always go to hug the border and that adds boring hunting minutes to the game. But hey, at least WG was able to program a proper CV AI after 1.5 years...oh wait, no, they didn't.

• Cool 2

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
341 posts
41,609 battles

I've seen this sort of thing happen too. But have put it down to the bots, still having a habit of going after dd's. 

In both your examples there was a friendly dd on the opposite flank and the ships you highlight, certainly look like they are going after them.

[GABBA]
Players
19 posts
48,510 battles
11 minutes ago, VonBroich said:

I've seen this sort of thing happen too. But have put it down to the bots, still having a habit of going after dd's. 

In both your examples there was a friendly dd on the opposite flank and the ships you highlight, certainly look like they are going after them.

It is just one ship I highlighted, just split in two screenshots. It is possible that he is going for the dd, seen that many times that whole enemy bot team chases one friendly dd. But we dont know yet for sure, only Wargaming knows and maybe they will tell us...

Players
3,105 posts
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

My guess is: WG changed the bots to prolong the coop matches. That's basically a nerf of xp, credits etc. and to be able to do mission as effectively as before (you can do more missions/directives in coop now, but WG wants you to do these in randoms). This kind of nerf is much less obvious than the direct one they did with the operations.

Also: The addition of bot CVs on both sides in most coop matches is prolonging it even more. The bot CV will always go to hug the border and that adds boring hunting minutes to the game. But hey, at least WG was able to program a proper CV AI after 1.5 years...oh wait, no, they didn't.

You cant do the short campaign in co op though, nor some of the older ones. They should at least add the option.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
241 posts
28 minutes ago, Anktarktic1 said:

[...] seen that many times that whole enemy bot team chases one friendly dd.

To put it simple: The bots usually go for the closest target (no matter wether they can spot it or not). Occasionally that even may be a cap zone. That said since DDs usually are the ones closing in first it often happens they get chased for ages.

That odd behaviour you described is rare, though. I wonder wether it might be related to the very same map since when starting in the north I noticed a bot on my team spawning around C7 turning 90° and heading straight for that island in C4 a few times.

Players
2,797 posts
33,674 battles
2 hours ago, Anktarktic1 said:

giphy (1).gif

Weekend Tester
868 posts
10,241 battles

I had a game where the enemy Colorado managed to stay unspotted the whole match.

It had evidently set out down one flank where it was shielded by an island. By the time it had reached the end of the island, its friends were all dead and we humans were threatening its cap. Therefore it turned around and headed back again.

Players
6,192 posts
12,300 battles

I posted somewhere else that I noticed bot behavior had changed since a patch or so ago.

They aren't all yolorushing anymore and they seem to do more then just dodging torps and moving towards the closest enemy.

I noticed human behavior changed as well btw, with many humans purposefully waiting in the back and letting someone else go first while they move sideways to try and shoot some broadsides.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Players
796 posts
11,578 battles
2 hours ago, Azalgor said:

Are you sure you dont mistake this with random?

WG testing new experimental AI algorithms mimicking real player behaviour. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,412 posts
24,937 battles

From one or two last patches I saw many strange bot behaviours like bots changing flank in the middle of battle, bots making lemmingtrain against one ship or refusal of using ot torpedoes against some targets.

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
412 posts
9,588 battles

Bots are hunting DDs first and foremost. You did not have any friendly DDs on your side so the bot went on a personal assignment. 

If it is only one DD in the game, all the bots will flock towards it.

LE: @Anktarktic1 It's ok. They do that sometimes. :)

• Cool 1

[GABBA]
Players
19 posts
48,510 battles
44 minutes ago, Origin47 said:

Bots are hunting DDs first and foremost. You did not have any friendly DDs on your side so the bot went on a personal assignment. 

If it is only one DD in the game, all the bots will flock towards it.

It could be, but in this battle, all bots went straight ahead, just this one battleship turned and went right the whole battle (possible only he was chasing dd?).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,890 posts
15,440 battles
2 hours ago, BlackYeti said:

WG testing new experimental AI algorithms mimicking real player behaviour. :Smile_teethhappy:

That would explain why I got torped from the second line by some blithering idiot AI a day or two ago...

• Funny 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

This random change in Co-Op Bot AI behaviour happens every so often as WG mess about with AI stuff like adding "Operations" Bot AI levels to the Submarine testing etc.