Bender76048k

Yugumo consumables

21 comments in this topic

[TUICH]
Players
280 posts
5,462 battles

Hi,

I love Yugumo's play style, but there is something that I can't understand. Why you have to choose beetwen smoke and TRB? My point is that in Akizuki you don't have to choose and in addition, the TRB version is better than Yugumo TRB. Yugumo top speed is not the best (35.5) and rudder shift time is hight 3.6 so sometimes, it's not easy throw torps and go, then you need an smoke, even if it would be a lower version of smoke generator.

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
2 minutes ago, Bender76048k said:

Hi,

I love Yugumo's play style, but there is something that I can't understand. Why you have to choose beetwen smoke and TRB? My point is that in Akizuki you don't have to choose and in addition, the TRB version is better than Yugumo TRB. Yugumo top speed is not the best (35.5) and rudder shift time is hight 3.6 so sometimes, it's not easy throw torps and go, then you need an smoke, even if it would be a lower version of smoke generator.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked the wiki and Yugumo has access to 8 - 12 km torps and a concealment below 6 km (?). Also, Akizuki has only 1 launcher, so TRB makes sense to get a 2nd chance if you miss. Yugumo has 2 launchers, and giving her both smoke and effectively 4 launchers would be quite a bit too much to ask imho. You are not supposed to sit conveniently in smoke and spew forth torpedoes continuously. :Smile_smile:

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles
4 minutes ago, Bender76048k said:

Hi,

Akizuki:

image.png.3d963e2c3cd2e8a16a44771ee4cab71e.png

Yugumo:

image.png.aca4f92fc585fd4039fb28eb6d073549.png

There's your answer.

• Cool 1

Players
377 posts
9,102 battles

Shiratsuyu had TRB and Smoke back in the day when it first came out, and throwing 16 torps in the water and having smoke was pretty op, that's why it got removed.

Same would apply for Kagero/Yugumo if you had both probably

• Cool 2

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Both ships have a completely different playstyle. 

Akizuki (and her two follow ups) are pure gun boats with a little dash of torpedos. That gets amplified by her having four quick turning and reloading turrets with only one quadruple torpedo launcher.

Yugumo on the other hand (as well as Kagero before her and Shimakaze that comes after her), are pure torpedo boats. She has 2 x 4 torpedo launchers. That means that for every volley she launches Akikzuki would need her TRB to get equal amount of torps into the water.

On top comes that Yugumo is a far stealthier ship so she can get away with not equipping smoke (although with the number of CV's around that's a high risk tactic).

Also what Dominik_Tirpitz said: 16 torps + smoke would be a tad too strong ... although I'd love to see TRB Shima back in testing ....:cap_haloween:

[TUICH]
Players
280 posts
5,462 battles
5 minutos antes, U69_2020 dijo:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked the wiki and Yugumo has access to 8 - 12 km torps and a concealment below 6 km (?). Also, Akizuki has only 1 launcher, so TRB makes sense to get a 2nd chance if you miss. Yugumo has 2 launchers, and giving her both smoke and effectively 4 launchers would be quite a bit too much to ask imho. You are not supposed to sit conveniently in smoke and spew forth torpedoes continuously. :Smile_smile:

Yes, you are right. But Akizuki TRB reload faster than Yugumo 160 vs 240 seconds. Akizuki have other strengths, reload his main battery in 3 seconds. 

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

although I'd love to see TRB Shima back in testing ....:cap_haloween:

Did the Kitakami have a TRB?

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
1 minute ago, Bender76048k said:

Yes, you are right. But Akizuki TRB reload faster than Yugumo 160 vs 240 seconds. Akizuki have other strengths, reload his main battery in 3 seconds. 

I guess the crew requires not as much time to speedload ONE launcher as to reload TWO launchers. Makes sense to me.

• Funny 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
Just now, U69_2020 said:

Did the Kitakami have a TRB?

Afaik: No. Kitakami was around long looooooong before TRB consumable was brought into the game for the first time.

Back then cruisers had hydro or def. AA (and sometimes a fighter-/spotterplane), DDs had smoke and speed boost, BB's had heal (and sometimes a fighter-/spotterplane). Not the box o' gimmicks that's available today.

[TUICH]
Players
280 posts
5,462 battles

Then in accordance with all your comment, the good version of TRB should go in Yugumo.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
2 minutes ago, Bender76048k said:

Then in accordance with all your comment, the good version of TRB should go in Yugumo.

Maybe? Maybe not. Would it hurt? I don't know. Don't think so. But on the other hand, Yugumo seems ok statswise, so I doubt this QOL change is something WG thinks about.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
8 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Also what Dominik_Tirpitz said: 16 torps + smoke would be a tad too strong ... although I'd love to see TRB Shima back in testing ....:cap_haloween:

Yuudachi exists, lol.

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
9 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Yuudachi exists, lol.

Which, aside from its only trick, appears to be a rather subpar performer. And those torps are so obscenely visible that only the totally oblivious should ever getting hit by them.

Players
2,754 posts
15,320 battles

I play her with TRB only and do not miss the smoke as Yugumo is on the tier that sees CVs the least of all higher tiers.  Lots of t9 only games, and even on t10 CVS are quite rare so it leaves mostly t8 CVs sometimes.

If not this she would be in a similarity poor state as Kagero is now - which should be compared to Aki IMHO- and looks very bad in this comparison.

Low dpm on guns, slow, low HP, torps seen from the moon, no AA whatsever, choice of TRB or smoke on tier where CVs are common, concealment neutered by CVs, outgunned by every one nearly.

She needs buff to speed at least so she would be able to run away, now even some BBs are able to catch you.

Players
10,384 posts
12,044 battles
49 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Akizuki (and her two follow ups) are pure gun boats with a little dash of torpedos. That gets amplified by her having four quick turning and reloading turrets with only one quadruple torpedo launcher.

Yugumo on the other hand (as well as Kagero before her and Shimakaze that comes after her), are pure torpedo boats. She has 2 x 4 torpedo launchers. That means that for every volley she launches Akikzuki would need her TRB to get equal amount of torps into the water.

On top comes that Yugumo is a far stealthier ship so she can get away with not equipping smoke (although with the number of CV's around that's a high risk tactic).

Its not like you can't hint WG idea of a premium Shimakaze sister with TRB and, lets say, Kagero torps :Smile_trollface:

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Its not like you can't hint WG idea of a premium Shimakaze sister with TRB and, lets say, Kagero torps

As far as I remember there has been a dev blog long time ago that mentioned that a Shimakaze with TRB is added to the ST server. Don't know what came from that though.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,625 posts
4,358 battles
On 6/22/2020 at 11:56 AM, Allied_Winter said:

As far as I remember there has been a dev blog long time ago that mentioned that a Shimakaze with TRB is added to the ST server. Don't know what came from that though.

They tested TRB Shima and deemed it too OP ...

• Cool 1

Players
90 posts

Don't try to explain the differences with logic or real life. The numbers are as they are for balancing reasons only (and i don't say that balance is perfect). 

Akizuki (and Kitakaze as its T9 counterpart) are better gun boats with worse conceilment and turning circles like bricks. 

Yugumo works pretty well as a torpedo boat, with smoke or TRB whatever you prefer. If you can manage turning AA on and off and use your 5.5km detection range you don't need smoke. And if you run into enemy DDs: Yugomo does have decent guns agaonst DDs too when you get your aim right and don't run into enemy DDs that are supported  by cruisers. 

Players
1 post
On 6/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, Allied_Winter said:

On top comes that Yugumo is a far stealthier ship so she can get away with not equipping smoke (although with the number of CV's around that's a high risk tactic) word unscrambler.

i agree, You speak very well