You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

My proposal for a new Battle mode in the game...

5 comments in this topic

Players
43 posts
66 battles

In this short video, I highlight a fun clan brawl battle from last night with multiple Rams, and propose an idea to add some much needed variety to World of Warships battle types: "Arcade Battles"

What are your thoughts to improve variety in the game? What additional battle types, missions, styles would you like to see?

Players
43 posts
66 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

This is an Arcade game...

Right you are, but there are a lot of "purists" who only like random and clan battle formats, so anything outside that is not worthy of playing. That is why I was thinking they maybe deserve their own mode  - like Arms race, or the dev blog announced Asymmetrical battles - a lot of variations could be added

:) 

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles

many game modes are good only if player base is huge, separate submarine mode already show that people not interested play in that mode. so they need add submarines to random battles

Players
43 posts
66 battles
13 hours ago, gabberworld said:

many game modes are good only if player base is huge, separate submarine mode already show that people not interested play in that mode. so they need add submarines to random battles

I agree that Warships does not have a very large player base when compared to other games, and that limits the number of different battle modes they can offer us. I think adding this "Arcade Battle" mode, or whatever name they wish to give it, would be a good place to put several of the tried battle modes that we have seen in the game and many have enjoyed, and randomize which ones we get into each battle for some much needed variety. 

Besides my suggestion above, they really only have 2 other options to prevent this game from becoming too stale and seeing the game fade away

1) start adding more battle modes directly to random battles, like Arms race that we could randomly get to play, similar to how we see epicenter/domination/standard battle battle modes today

2) unify the World of warships servers so we have enough players to draw on to be able to add several battle modes - even if they just paired up the servers  NA/EU & Asia/CIS  are probably the most similar time zones would help.  It seems to work well enough in the occasional matches we see in clan battles - a worthy goal to work towards.