Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamuraiFromGreece

What is your Favorite STEEL Ship????

What is your Favorite STEEL Ship????   

78 members have voted

1. 1. What STEEL Ship would you take?

21 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
987 posts
14,018 battles

Bourgogne-because it is fun and the most unique of the ones mentioned above.

Stalingrad-it is a very good ship but not fun to play at least not all the times

Somers-it is a very boring ship and offers nothing new, want a fun torpedo boat? get halland.

Shikishima-a ship that does not offer nothing new and it is a weaker Yamato and that is not good.

SLAVA?))))) Slava will be available for anything but credits and standard experience and coal.

WHERE IS NEUSTRASHIMY? FORGOT THAT IT WAS SOLD FOR  20500 STEEL?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
54 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

WHERE IS NEUSTRASHIMY? FORGOT THAT IT WAS SOLD FOR  20500 STEEL?

i think it was removed along with black and flint.

most probably it wont come back in 6 months like black and Flint , those two will be coal ships

[RO-RN]
Players
987 posts
14,018 battles
39 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

i think it was removed along with black and flint.

most probably it wont come back in 6 months like black and Flint , those two will be coal ships

I know, but it should have been added in the pool since it is an original steel ship, while it can be argued that Black and Flint were obtainable in rank battles, Neustrashimy could have become one of yours by ONLY spending steel(at least for now) while again not every black and flint player seen might have obtained the ship for steel, maybe he got it by reaching rank 1, 5 seasons.

• Funny 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

I know, but it should have been added in the pool since it is an original steel ship, while it can be argued that Black and Flint were obtainable in rank battles, Neustrashimy could have become one of yours by ONLY spending steel(at least for now) while again not every black and flint player seen might have obtained the ship for steel, maybe he got it by reaching rank 1, 5 seasons.

My Flint was 3 seasons iirc and black was 5.  I couldn't be bothered to get the Black back then lol. Most of my clan mates had it and it wasn't very OP.

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles

Mine isn’t on the list, but then again, WG hasn’t announced Kamchatka yet. 

It‘s only a matter of time tho...

• Funny 1

Players
208 posts
23,481 battles

I have 3 of the tier X steel ships (Stalingrad, Bourgogne and Somers) Stalin is the best for me! Somers isnt bad but i havent played it much even i have it for a year or so! Bourgogne is more like a cruiser, its fun when i play it with secondary build even if i die fast in manu cases :D

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

well, unlike Smolensk or JB, Neustrachimy never was a popular ship, i think it was among the least wanted ship by players, never was a big selling point, maybe has something do do with that.

And unlike Smolensk and JB that were removed for being too popular (once i was in a battle where out of 24 ships, 14 were JB) Neutrachimy was removed for not being popular at all.

1 hour ago, waxx25 said:

My Flint was 3 seasons iirc and black was 5.  I couldn't be bothered to get the Black back then lol. Most of my clan mates had it and it wasn't very OP.

That i don't understand.

Before black and Flint were the s hit.

Black, a predator of dds and stuff (just see the videos)

The last video i saw (i think is from Flamu) Black has a boring gameplay with very slow torps.

I couldn't care less about what they say, when Flint show up again i will get one for myself.

Players
3,203 posts
18,614 battles

Flint isnt on the list, so I cant vote.

I dont like Stalin, Bourg or Somer and almost never play them.

Jean Bart, Benham and Smolensk are superior alternatives if you just want to have fun (the tier 9s also earn more credits).

If I'm forced to pick, probably Bourgogne since i love my JB and prefer gunboat DDs over torpedo DDs (benham exception). 

45 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Mine isn’t on the list, but then again, WG hasn’t announced Kamchatka yet. 

Press T to spawn imaginary hostile japanese torpedo boats in the middle of the friendly fleet (looks real enough for everybody else and can do real damage). 

Cooldown 30s.

That one recieving a special review by a certain naval historigrapher?

Players
181 posts
13,810 battles

I can't really vote. My favorite steel ship depends on the game mode:

Stalingrad for Clan Battles, that thing took me into Typhoon league trice

Bourgogne for Ranked battles

Somers( that I'll soon have) for Clan battles if there will not be frikken CV again and I need to be with a DD

Shikishima is just a shitty Shima - forget about it

For random battles: NONE because they are all PR killers (damn you all tryhards) but if I had not cared it would be Bourgogne

• Funny 1

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
2 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

That i don't understand.

Before black and Flint were the s hit.

Black, a predator of dds and stuff (just see the videos)

The last video i saw (i think is from Flamu) Black has a boring gameplay with very slow torps.

I couldn't care less about what they say, when Flint show up again i will get one for myself.

The flint I highly recommend, it is a great ship. The Black was OP only against bad players, otherwise itvwas a Fletcher with super slow torps. In today's meta it is nothing special.

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,649 battles

What is a point of putting Slava on the list? It is still WiP and it is unknown for what currency it will be sold. By same logic you could put there any T9 or T10 premium ship which is announced but never mentioned which resource will require like Roosevelt or Paolo Emilio.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

I tested these but don't have them (sadly there are no steel-rewards for supertest-missions :cap_look:)

And the most fun I had was in Neustrashimy. A jack-of-all-trades that somehow works in most situations. Cannot wait to get her for coal again.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

I got the Flint as I love the Atlanta playstyle but my next ships would be Stalingrad. Any ship so heavily used in "competitive" play and therefore proven to be one of the best ships in-game  is a "must get" I would suggest, just like the Venezia is right now.

[SHAD]
Players
3,797 posts
15,180 battles
5 hours ago, Puffin_ said:

Stalingrad still a favorite?

It burns more now and got shorter radar

No where near as strong as it was but it’s still a very strong ship.

Just burns too much now so you have to keep your distance.