You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarDax

Ignis Purgatio is a bit of a dissapointment... What is even original about the Warhammer theme?

25 comments in this topic

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts

I have played the entire Warhammer Universe games as developed by Relic Entertainment the last dozen of years or so. It is a rather epic feeling but despite that I would not call myself a big fan, more  than that I like the concept. I did not even know what Games Workshop was until well into the Relic games series, so my experience and enjoyment is solely based on those and  Dawn of War series, plus a bit of Battlefleet Gothic.

So it is with some anticipation I purchase Ignis Purgatio. Graphics look nice, flags and camo's are nice. I did expect a Warhammer boat to have a bit more OUMPF but I guess it has to fit the overall game. The I looked at the boat with a default camo, or even without camo. A JAPANESE FLAG? WTF!? As I am still a bit new to WOWS but not new to gaming and developing I instantaneously understood that WG had taken an existing boat and just added the camo. So much for originality. it is Amagi, for those who may want to know,.

The immediate reaction was to get a refund, but alas I already played a few times with the ignis / Amagi, so that would not be possible. I'll have ti endure it. Pondering selling it. Warhammer deserves a better effort. A unique effort.

Amagi will probably dust away in my archive since I do not play Japanese.

Players
270 posts
3,016 battles

A slow reloading repainted Amagi not ticking all those Warhammer boxes for you? That's strange...

Everything about this collab so far has been 'Why?'.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,290 posts
10 minutes ago, WarDax said:

it is Amagi, for those who may want to know,.

what a surprise..

wh40k.thumb.JPG.d89da447458afdd378f39f17e6109a67.JPG

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
  • Feel free to inform yourself before you spend money
  • WG will not make a W40k ship and put into the game, the real ones are "a bit" bigger
  • It is only natural that they take an existing ship and just give it a new appearance
  • Amagi is a good ship, even with the changes, and will earn you quite a bit of silver, remember her when you need money in the game
  • and yes, buying a Tier VIII ship as a new player, with less than 500 matches, might be a bit early

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts

But - correct me if I should err - wasn't it officially announced that these ships would just be reskinned Amagi with minor stat changes? Why would you buy it in the first place and complain afterwards that you got exactly what has been advertised?

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:
  • and yes, buying a Tier VIII ship as a new player, with less than 500 matches, might be a bit early

Not to mention the abundance of Ägir T9 hatchlings with less games than me... :Smile_veryhappy:

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
20 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

But - correct me if I should err - wasn't it officially announced that these ships would just be reskinned Amagi with minor stat changes? Why would you buy it in the first place and complain afterwards that you got exactly what has been advertised?

It won't happen again.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
8,176 posts
42,171 battles

It has slower reload and a bit better sigma - 1.9 instead of 1.8. Well, WG had a good occasion to make a secondary version of Amagi that would be unique feature. But ofc why to bother :fish_aqua:

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles

TBH, gonna put both hands up here and admit.... I kinda... maybe... bought it. (don't look at me I'ma whale meow =(  )

The RNG loot boxes were getting me no where and I reaallllyyy wanted the Captain for his voice overs. So after buying (shudders) played a couple of games with her set up as a secondary BB and.... I F****ING LOVE HER!

So yeah, this was a missed opportunity by WeeGee to promote more GeeDubz products and give us WarHammer40k style ships and yes, her WH40k appearance is... questionable but when you charge a Tirpitz in your Ignis, dodge the torpedo salvo with the Captain going "Incoming Torpedoes, Ignore them and press the attack!" while then engaging in a secondaries slugging match with all 10 of your main guns blazing and then watch as the Tirpitz goes belly up with the Captain saying "Enemy Battleship Destroyed, Find me more Beasts so I may PURGE them!"

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood! (slips into 40k induced indulgence coma)

@MrConway Go to your bosses and DEMAND they bring us a WarHammer 40k + World of Warships crossover part 2 with more ships getting the 40k treatment, I would pay £40 for a really good Imperial skin for my Ryujo or Ark Royal.

Also could you ask your art department pretty please to give us some sound effect changes and/or graphical effects for these ships! Would look awesome if the macro batteries on the sides of Ignis and prow gun of the Ragnarok spouted flames when in secondary gun range as though they were firing.

Also I know this is going to be a no but could you ask if they would consider a minor(ish) change to the ship design? The enclosed 127 cm /40 type 89 A1 mod. 2 used on the Shokaku

IJN 12.7 cm/40 Type 89 Naval Gun (Type-Yamato Shield), Pit-Road GF-92

Would look much better IMO given WarHammer 40k's over the top nature and the Imperiums 'all the armor' approach to design.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

This collab is in essence a homage to W40k and skin is what can in fact be done, WG will have hardly had time to make a completely new ship from scratch, balance it and then put it in game, a "morphogenic" camo is what is a standard for collabs and only sensible thing actually...

My only beef is that both ships are Amagis, would be nicer if they took two different ones say Amagi and Bismarck or Richelieu, they could have put a bit more effort in making them more unique to the original ships say making sec Amagi or accurate Bis or something but then again that would involve more balancing (although not as much as a completely new ship) but one way or the other it was pretty transparent and it was clear what those ships are...

Adding a new nation for collab is not a good idea, we had that in the past with ARP and it didnt end well, in the end all those ships ended up in IJN tree with normal ones...

I for one got the Ragnarok in 4th box and I am pretty happy with it, its a bit more visually interesting and its ok to play for 5€ or so not 2 bad

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,157 posts
22,986 battles
16 hours ago, WarDax said:

Warhammer deserves a better effort.

The whole game deserves a better effort instead of the constant low ball events. But we get what we get from WG.

• Cool 2

[REGIN]
Players
135 posts
16 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

TBH, gonna put both hands up here and admit.... I kinda... maybe... bought it. (don't look at me I'ma whale meow =(  )

The RNG loot boxes were getting me no where and I reaallllyyy wanted the Captain for his voice overs. So after buying (shudders) played a couple of games with her set up as a secondary BB and.... I F****ING LOVE HER!

So yeah, this was a missed opportunity by WeeGee to promote more GeeDubz products and give us WarHammer40k style ships and yes, her WH40k appearance is... questionable but when you charge a Tirpitz in your Ignis, dodge the torpedo salvo with the Captain going "Incoming Torpedoes, Ignore them and press the attack!" while then engaging in a secondaries slugging match with all 10 of your main guns blazing and then watch as the Tirpitz goes belly up with the Captain saying "Enemy Battleship Destroyed, Find me more Beasts so I may PURGE them!"

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood! (slips into 40k induced indulgence coma)

@MrConway Go to your bosses and DEMAND they bring us a WarHammer 40k + World of Warships crossover part 2 with more ships getting the 40k treatment, I would pay £40 for a really good Imperial skin for my Ryujo or Ark Royal.

Also could you ask your art department pretty please to give us some sound effect changes and/or graphical effects for these ships! Would look awesome if the macro batteries on the sides of Ignis and prow gun of the Ragnarok spouted flames when in secondary gun range as though they were firing.

Also I know this is going to be a no but could you ask if they would consider a minor(ish) change to the ship design? The enclosed 127 cm /40 type 89 A1 mod. 2 used on the Shokaku

Would look much better IMO given WarHammer 40k's over the top nature and the Imperiums 'all the armor' approach to design.

Meh. Lame.

I raise you this, which admittedly is an energy weapon, but OOOOOO so AWESOME on a ship...

Lance_Turret_by_The_First_Magelord.png

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,114 battles
19 hours ago, WarDax said:

I have played the entire Warhammer Universe games as developed by Relic Entertainment the last dozen of years or so. It is a rather epic feeling but despite that I would not call myself a big fan, more  than that I like the concept. I did not even know what Games Workshop was until well into the Relic games series, so my experience and enjoyment is solely based on those and  Dawn of War series, plus a bit of Battlefleet Gothic.

So it is with some anticipation I purchase Ignis Purgatio. Graphics look nice, flags and camo's are nice. I did expect a Warhammer boat to have a bit more OUMPF but I guess it has to fit the overall game. The I looked at the boat with a default camo, or even without camo. A JAPANESE FLAG? WTF!? As I am still a bit new to WOWS but not new to gaming and developing I instantaneously understood that WG had taken an existing boat and just added the camo. So much for originality. it is Amagi, for those who may want to know,.

The immediate reaction was to get a refund, but alas I already played a few times with the ignis / Amagi, so that would not be possible. I'll have ti endure it. Pondering selling it. Warhammer deserves a better effort. A unique effort.

Amagi will probably dust away in my archive since I do not play Japanese.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by your purchase, we tried to make everything as clear as possible - but I can understand there is always a lot of information to take it.

Unfortunately creating entirely new Warhammer ships is a tricky proposition as we need to be able to offer other players, that enjoy a more historical appearance, the chance to deactivate the content with the port filters. This means that the underlying geometry of any collaboration ship needs to be very close to another existing in-game model.

I hope that we will be able to do more WH40K content in future, hopefully we can add more variety to that.

17 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

I am afraid model changes are not currently possible, but I do hope we will still be able to add a ship horn to the 40K ships to set them apart some more.

And I agree, the chaos commander especially is absolutely epic!

• Cool 2

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,329 battles

Nothing. This is just a greed collaboration between two of the greediest gaming companies ever.

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

I am afraid model changes are not currently possible, but I do hope we will still be able to add a ship horn to the 40K ships to set them apart some more.

And I agree, the chaos commander especially is absolutely epic!

While understandable that is unfortunate as the WarHammer Amagi's do have an somewhat ugly hole on the model where the standard ships lifeboats would have been which would have looked quiet good with another 127 cm /40 type 89 A1 there instead (and helped differentiate her from the superior standard normal Amagi which has the better reload speed)

image.thumb.png.97b9b1f9d566cc91130d610393ca00a6.png

Players
7,567 posts
245 battles

Well Geewee isn't known for being kind with those who do fan projects so i doubt weegee (lol) was able to get their seven blessings from gurgle to create some noice ships and more in-depth skins.

Also for minis i go to anvil-industries for anything space marine and IG related.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,977 posts
15,475 battles

It's a shame that we can't get the captains alone: I don't have much interest in the ships, but I'm always keen on 'novelty' captains, even when I blatantly don't need them...

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

I have no problem with these WH 40k ships, I have the filter turned on and only see a no-camo Amagi. If people want to pay more than $100 for a skin then by all means go ahead. Somebody has to support the game.

(It is a bit funny though, it is literally just a skin, even Odin would be a better purchase)

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,578 posts
27,844 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 7:32 PM, WarDax said:

It won't happen again.

It will happen again. Just for your sake lets hope you are not involved.

[THESO]
Players
8,176 posts
42,171 battles
15 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

While understandable that is unfortunate as the WarHammer Amagi's do have an somewhat ugly hole on the model where the standard ships lifeboats would have been which would have looked quiet good with another 127 cm /40 type 89 A1 there instead (and helped differentiate her from the superior standard normal Amagi which has the better reload speed)

image.thumb.png.97b9b1f9d566cc91130d610393ca00a6.png

Yeah and overall it's a missed opportunity to make a secondaries gameplay Amagi. 

• Cool 1

Players
310 posts
21,858 battles
14 hours ago, waxx25 said:

I have the filter turned on and only see a no-camo Amagi.

Same

On 6/21/2020 at 5:06 PM, The_White_Whale said:

Everything about this collab so far has been 'Why?'.

The why is money of course. Lowest level effort for maximum cash generation.

[SINT]
Players
1,106 posts
23,387 battles

Well if WG is clear in what’s it is offering ( an Amagi with a hardly noticeable sigma upgrade but a notable 3 sec reload increase) and people still willing to fork the money well good for them.

WG can be blamed to sometimes make the real deal a bit clouded ( like the PR grind with unclear info about how many paid aid packages you need to buy beforehand to make the grind durable for you) in this case it was stated quite clear it’s just a slightly different Amagi with permanent camo.

you just hope that people think in advance before buying. But whether they do or not it is their sole decision.

Either way I think that a permanent camo on your Amagi is a better investment. Or if you don’t have the Amagi or want a real premium buy the Kii. Or a better T8 BB. Or even better for you and the game community any good premium on a tier that you feel comfortable to use and have experience in..