Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

My Worst Tech Tree List. What's Yours?

51 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,262 posts
43,528 battles

My Worst Tech Tree List:-

1- EU DD line. ( Lame Torp Damage )

2- RN Heavy Cruiser line ( Only good for boring damage farming )

3- Italian Cruiser line ( No Hydro, No Radar, No good AA )

4- RU BB line ( Still can't compete with German BBs in terms of brawling and effectiveness in battle )

5- RN BB line ( Just another lame HE spammer that can't decide an outcome of a battle )

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

Players
376 posts
12,376 battles

1. Ru Gunboat line (Literally completely obsolete in the eyes of darings, kleb, haur)

2. Pa dd line (the YY is pretty much still very mediocre and not worth it, not to mention you got a very questionable t8 grind)

3. Km BB line (Even after all the buffs, the curry is still very questionable, same with the fred and gnei, lacks the overmatch, or decent pen, or dispertion, or range, or good gun angles) 

4. Rn CA line (litterally broken armour model meaning when you turn into angle your cit can be overmatched, your reload is Eh, with nothing speical with the ap or HE apart from good salvo alpha, not to mention just trash armour in general, would have been a decent line like 2-3 years ago)

5. Km DD line (though the 32mm buff is nice, its just another gimmick to cover up its weaknesses, trash torps,  trash HE dps, questionable concealment)  

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
600 posts
4,987 battles

I love american ships but here in game I almost quited of how "bad" or should I say hard, struggle to play american BB line. Maybe after tier 8 will get better but until tier 7 is pain. 

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,811 battles

Halland, Venezia, Kremlin, Conqueror bad, confirmed by OP. 

Thats all guys, we dont have to play anymore... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,659 posts
19,113 battles
49 minutes ago, kfa said:

He did ask about Tech Tree lines. The presence of an excellent ship at Tier X will not necessarily make up for a terrible gameplay experience while playing the line, especially if you don't have the resources to skip to high tiers.

For me it's

a) Soviet Light Cruisers. Loathe them. The best thing about the recent event was that I got the Tallinn, and that I never have to look at Shchors again. That Tier V-VII "world of squishy" that used to be light cruisers was agony.

b) Pan-European destroyers. They start off very fun, I'm told the high tiers are good, but it sags badly in the middle.

c) American Battleships. Slow. So very, very slow. Frankly, treacle is faster.

d) Pan-Asian destroyers. Oddly, this is the only line I've got up to Tier IX. But it is a right muddle of ships and playstyles.

German battleships would have been there, but I feel Ok with playing them now that they can actually shoot straight and don't have the aiming qualities of a fairground air rifle.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,095 posts
10,294 battles
  1. UK CLs: I don't know how to play them
  2. RU BBs: I just can't make them work
  3. UK CAs: Nope
  4. PAN EU DDs: They suck for the most part, I just hope I get halland one day

1 hour ago, kfa said:

Deep breaths, not everyone likes the same ships you do.

2 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

No good AA

This on the other hand is just false. At least when it comes to the venezia

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
44 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

He did ask about Tech Tree lines. The presence of an excellent ship at Tier X will not necessarily make up for a terrible gameplay experience while playing the line, especially if you don't have the resources to skip to high tiers.

Pyotr, Sinop, Vladi are all so utterly garbage, right?

Italian cruisers too, ships prior to the Venezia are such trash. No hydro, no radar, DDs utterly disrespect your cruiser.

Right?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,095 posts
10,294 battles
1 minute ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Italian cruisers too, ships prior to the Venezia are such trash.

Well...up to tier 8 they are.

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,257 posts

1. French DD line, Runner Up European DD Line

2. British Heavy Cruiser Line, Poor Armour, (Drake14000 less than Agir) Lack Range and Hitting power. Runner up Italian Cruiser Line.

3. British Battleship Line For no historical reason 12 second longer turret traverse than the worst of the rest to T6, from then on no major hitting power in Tech tree ships. Runner Up Russian Battleship Line, the long reload and the Overwhelming smell of Bull Ship

And an Honourable Mention to the USA Battleship Line They had so Many Great Ships yet WG continue to churn out all the old standards at 20ish Knots whilst the relics the Soviet Navy Had turn into Gods of War. Meet the real Sinop.

My Personal Opinion Only of Course.

sinop.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
Just now, domen3 said:

Well...up to tier 8 they are.

Trento is middle of the pack, Zara is upper half at a tier of actually pretty good cruisers. Just because they aren't ships that can decimate most ships they run into doesn't mean they are trash.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,095 posts
10,294 battles
Just now, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Trento is middle of the pack, Zara is upper half at a tier of actually pretty good cruisers. Just because they aren't ships that can decimate most ships they run into doesn't mean they are trash.

It does when it comes to personal opinion, which is what this thread is about. It's about tech trees you hate and can't do well in. I considered tiers 6 and 7 of the italians to be an absolute garbage. I really like 9 and 10 tho.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, domen3 said:

It does when it comes to personal opinion, which is what this thread is about. It's about tech trees you hate and can't do well in. I considered tiers 6 and 7 of the italians to be an absolute garbage. I really like 9 and 10 tho.

Problem then is, you cannot blame the ship and you cannot blame the tier. You cannot claim, like in the post I originally quoted, that a strong T10 doesn't matter because the tiers prior to the high tiers cannot be skipped, when the ships themselves aren't bad, just a subjective experience is. Either you just call it in generally "my least favourite tech tree lines" based on your experience and dismiss strength outright or you factor in strength and at the point where you cede on a strong T10, you basically cannot say strength doesn't matter.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,659 posts
19,113 battles
23 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Pyotr, Sinop, Vladi are all so utterly garbage, right?

Italian cruisers too, ships prior to the Venezia are such trash. No hydro, no radar, DDs utterly disrespect your cruiser.

Maybe the OP just doesn't like those ships? This isn't "thread to reverse engineer people's psychology on the basis of a few arbitrary dislikes..."

• Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
Just now, invicta2012 said:

Maybe the OP just doesn't like those ships? This isn't "thread to reverse engineer people's psychology on the basis of a few arbitrary dislikes..."

As said before, if that was your point, then you cannot cede on a strong T10 and point at the preceeding ships. Nothing even indicates OP doesn't dislike Kremlin or Venezia.

Players
4,689 posts
7,604 battles
2 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Pa dd line (the YY is pretty much still very mediocre and not worth it, not to mention you got a very questionable t8 grind)

Fushun and Gadjah Mada are probably the two most OP DD in the game.

Players
376 posts
12,376 battles
23 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Fushun and Gadjah Mada are probably the two most OP DD in the game.

They are very good, but they aint OP, the T61 and Shin, are the kings at t6, with the geupard/ aigle being stronger than the fushun. At t7 ,the jervis, leningrad, , haida and Vauquelin are equal and or better.... . Not to mention its pretty hard to argue a line being worth it with the highlights at t6 and t7 due to the changes to mm atm. 

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,235 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, VeryHonarbrah said:

1. Ru Gunboat line (Literally completely obsolete in the eyes of darings, kleb, haur)

The whole line? That is harsh. I think the line is good and Khaba is still ok (but I don't have Kleber to compare to).

Players
376 posts
12,376 battles
27 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

The whole line? That is harsh. I think the line is good and Khaba is still ok (but I don't have Kleber to compare to).

the kbob is literally worse than the kleb in every single way, (jts faster, better guns, reload booster, doesnt eat full ap pens, is more stealthy, better torps, better deteciton)  not to mention server stats point to a very very small active kbob player base. I think the trashcan is not bad, its the kbob with better torps, better detection, doesnt eat full ap pens, better range, with 1 less gun. Its litterallly better than the tx XD. The kiev, minsk, gnvey are very questionable though. 

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, Wulf_Ace said:

I love american ships but here in game I almost quited of how "bad" or should I say hard, struggle to play american BB line. Maybe after tier 8 will get better but until tier 7 is pain. 

North Carolina and Iowa will be hardest in the line to play, but look it on the bright side - When you learn to play NC, any other BB wont be difficult to handle.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

With some exceptions in them :

RN BBs, RN CAs, PA DDs, RM CLs, FR CLs are the stinker lines for me..

That doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, they just don't work for me.

[RONIN]
Players
600 posts
4,987 battles
26 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

North Carolina and Iowa will be hardest in the line to play, but look it on the bright side - When you learn to play NC, any other BB wont be difficult to handle.

Didnt they say that NC is a great ship? How is it compared to Bismarck?

Sign in to follow this