You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Valfaros

VIII RAGNAROK

26 comments in this topic

[PTM]
Players
5 posts
2,820 battles

I bought the ship because I liked the style alot and never really bought any premium ship. The ship looks great and especially the voicelines are amazing. Voice lines like " Firealarm? GOOD LET IT BURN" and many more are quite funny. I get that it's basically a little more precice longer reloading amagi and I have little problem with that. However what would I give to have a working front gun as secondary. This thing looks mean and it's such a waste that it is just decor.

Ragnarok.PNG

• Cool 6

Players
3,108 posts
10 minutes ago, Valfaros said:

I bought the ship because I liked the style alot and never really bought any premium ship. The ship looks great and especially the voicelines are amazing. Voice lines like "We were set on fire...good let it BURN" and many more are quite funny. I get that it's basically a little more precice longer reloading amagi and I have little problem with that. However what would I give to have a working front gun as secondary. This thing looks mean and it's a waste it's just decor.

Ragnarok.PNG

:cap_wander_2:

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles

i looked the wg stream when they showed those first time, yes the sounds are funny for one off those ship

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The problem with W40k guns is that they are "a bit" bigger than earthly ones...

You seen the size of the ships? Even a cruiser is the size of a Star Wars Super Star Destroyer.:Smile_veryhappy:

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,860 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I have some of the ship models, even that one:

They will fit perfectly into the "realistical" models that WG are promoting. I hope we still get the option to disable all the wacko things they make.

• Cool 1

Players
1,090 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I have some of the ship models, even that one:

latest?cb=20120919073041

Pretty sure that one has the biggest gun of the lot (that or a Blackstone Fortress maybe). I remember when I first saw a Planet Killer in a GW shop, I thought someone had kitbashed it from a few Chaos ship bits and a bunch of extra wire or something...

[SHAD]
Players
3,791 posts
15,172 battles

Shame they went really low effort on making unique.

Art department wins again while the combined total of all other contributions is two numbers changed.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
41 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

They will fit perfectly into the "realistical" models that WG are promoting. I hope we still get the option to disable all the wacko things they make.

You dont like the new Kremlin skim comrade? :fish_glass:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
41 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

Pretty sure that one has the biggest gun of the lot (that or a Blackstone Fortress maybe). I remember when I first saw a Planet Killer in a GW shop, I thought someone had kitbashed it from a few Chaos ship bits and a bunch of extra wire or something...

Technically that honour goes to the Blackstone Fortress. Never mind the fact that every cruiser in the Imperial fleet has the ability to render a planet uninhabitable and you don't really need to blow up a planet ala the Death Star..

Or blow up the STAR like three Blackstone Fortresses showed themselves able to do..

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,860 battles
13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You dont like the new Kremlin skim comrade? :fish_glass:

No idea :D Is that good enough answer?

Players
7,561 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

You seen the size of the ships? Even a cruiser is the size of a Star Wars Super Star Destroyer.:Smile_veryhappy:

*Teleports in a squatting postion in front of lafeel*

Actually fam a lunar class is somewhat bigger than your average and largest star wars battlecruiser. And a star destroyer could glass a planet after sometime *posh, snort*

*Teleports out*

Although too be honest, the skins are lazy as hell doe.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
11 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

*Teleports in a squatting postion in front of lafeel*

Actually fam a lunar class is somewhat bigger than your average and largest star wars battlecruiser. And a star destroyer could glass a planet after sometime *posh, snort*

*Teleports out*

Although too be honest, the skins are lazy as hell doe.

Then there's the crew complements..

To be honest, I like the Ragnarök skin. The "Flame of Purity" (at least I think thats what her name translates to), not so much.

• Cool 2

Players
1,090 posts
36 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Technically that honour goes to the Blackstone Fortress. Never mind the fact that every cruiser in the Imperial fleet has the ability to render a planet uninhabitable and you don't really need to blow up a planet ala the Death Star..

Or blow up the STAR like three Blackstone Fortresses showed themselves able to do..

It depends on how you reckon it. Each Blackstone has multiple guns for a start, where the Planet Killer's is explicitly referred to as one gun albeit with multiple prongs(/barrels?). Also, the guns on a Blackstone make up much less of the size of the Fortress itself than does the PK's (it's basically a gun with engines). Imperial cruisers don't use guns to carry out Exterminatus so that is indeed not really worth minding, they use virus bombs/atomics or similar; it's explicitly stated in the BFG big blue book that it took a Retribution-class battleship with specially souped-up lance batteries fourteen hours to glass just the surface of a 'small moon' (in fact I believe from context it was just destroying the atmospherically-sealed facilities on it), which is the closest they came to doing it with guns. Even Nova Cannon aren't all that big comparatively.

Agreed though, the Ragnarok skin is definitely better than the IgPurg's, which is just too clean; like I said before elsewhere, it almost looks like they made the mistake of using a white undercoat...

• Cool 2

[PTM]
Players
5 posts
2,820 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, gopher31 sagte:

Shame they went really low effort on making unique.

Art department wins again while the combined total of all other contributions is two numbers changed.

Yeah it's actually kinda sad that they did this great collab to put it on a amagi. I like my amagi but it's not really that special. Like a brawling monster would have been increadibly fitting with those voice lines. "TORPEDOS dead ahead, ignore them. BRING US CLOSER!"

[XITAX]
Players
108 posts
7,275 battles
4 ore fa, Valfaros ha scritto:

I bought the ship because I liked the style alot and never really bought any premium ship. The ship looks great and especially the voicelines are amazing. Voice lines like " Firealarm? GOOD LET IT BURN" and many more are quite funny. I get that it's basically a little more precice longer reloading amagi and I have little problem with that. However what would I give to have a working front gun as secondary. This thing looks mean and it's a waste it's just decor.

Ragnarok.PNG

If only the front gun was a usable gun...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
11 hours ago, lafeel said:

Then there's the crew complements..

To be honest, I like the Ragnarök skin. The "Flame of Purity" (at least I think thats what her name translates to), not so much.

Isnt that "Cleansing Flame"?

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
607 posts
5,017 battles
9 hours ago, Spruss said:

How about that ramming dragon head, if you ram somebody you dont lose any HP. :P

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
12 hours ago, Spruss said:

Even it it was just classed as an extra secondary gun!

• Cool 1

[PTM]
Players
5 posts
2,820 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, IanH755 sagte:

Even it it was just classed as an extra secondary gun!

You know very very small angle it can actually fire but fast reload would be very funny and really add flavor to this ship. Just my thoughts sadly wg would never do this after adding it to the game already.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
3 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Dumb question, but they both still count as IJN ships, right?

Yes, you can use any IJN skipper you want in them, used my Amagi skipper in Ragnarök the one time I've played her so far.

[PTM]
Players
5 posts
2,820 battles
Vor 11 Minuten, lafeel sagte:

Yes, you can use any IJN skipper you want in them, used my Amagi skipper in Ragnarök the one time I've played her so far.

The captain is the best thing about the ship in my opinion. Of couse I too had to level that guy first from lvl 3...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
3 minutes ago, Valfaros said:

The captain is the best thing about the ship in my opinion. Of couse I too had to level that guy first from lvl 3...

You can also put him in any IJN ship you want. Got him in my Mikasa while the Raggy works on training my Amagi skipper.