Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

What purchases have you enjoyed the most?

67 comments in this topic

Players
6,258 posts
12,320 battles

So I came up with this idea from reading this topic 

I thought it would be fun to add something positive for all to reply to and think about while we try to keep our heads above the water during the incoming onslaught of weekend complaint topics :Smile-_tongue:

Anyway, from hindsight I think my best purchase was converting XP for doubloons that I bought in the shop so I could get my Missouri!

I usually hate her but getting Missouri was the proverbly break that I needed.

I could never play her right but she made me such total frackloads of credits that all my credit problems have since dissipated completely! :Smile_coin::cap_cool:

But tbf, most of my purchases I did end up enjoying, most noticeably getting Cesare before she disappeared forever and getting BrokensaCossack :cap_rambo:

So please, share your best purchases for WoWS that made you the most happy or you enjoyed the most and tell us the story behind it! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
294 posts

For me it’s getting the HMS Warspite. One of the best buys I have made here alongside the Massa.

For coal, the best purchase is the Musashi.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles

Cash Shop?

Dunkerque, because she is one of my favourite RL ships and a great deal of fun to play in game, even if you play it badly, like I do.

Monaghan, as she made me like American DDs. I had always struggled with their short torpedo range and, although a lot of people prefer Farragut, being able to make torpedo attacks without dying allowed me to actually get a grip on the game, rather than constantly failing.

[XTREM]
Players
2,156 posts
15,571 battles

Probably Vanguard. I love everything about that ship and I find her satisfying to play. 

I also find her gorgeous. 

[GW_KR]
Players
376 posts
15,542 battles

T61. Beautiful ship. Very very good at her tier. 

Apart from slow reload and turret traverse she has it all. 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles

Easy: Jean Bart.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,152 posts
22,966 battles
47 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

So please, share your best purchases for WoWS that made you the most happy or you enjoyed the most and tell us the story behind it!

Glenfarclas 105. Because nothing makes the garbage WG devs serve up more palatable than a hard drink of whisky.:cap_tea:

But on a serious note? Christmas boxes. I never had a bad experience with santa boxes. Last Christmas I pulled Nicky I and the Bent Ham. My first Christmas I got a nice spread of premiums that made my second year of playing really fun.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

For cash, Orkan. Having a lot of fun with it at the moment. Guns are good, very manoeuvrable, speed good and the heal helps it stay in the game. Been knife fighting a lot for caps and it works well. Radar obviously helps when the enemy dd decides to smoke up after a few salvos. She's a bit weak after the dd contest is finished, but its guns seem to have good fire chance, which annoys bb's.

Managed to get the Siegfried and Agir (Both free by the way). Both are nice, but the Siegfried feels the better and more satisfying of the 2, due to the guns.

Others worth a mention; Massa, Friesland, JB.

I'm grinding several lines at the moment and the Roon feels good, a challenge, but some real nice hard fought games.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Probably Atlanta. Plenty of fun with it over the years. Perma camos for Gearing and YY were good purchases too.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,319 posts
14,108 battles

Indomitable and Asashio.

Unique gameplay &  I'm always having fun as being uptiered doesn't matter. :cap_yes:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,037 posts

Wasn't so much a purchase. But I got the Warspite in a SC the day after a clanmate had bought her.

His fuming in the TS that whole day was hillarious. :Smile_teethhappy:

But regarding spending my own monays...hmmm.

LolFast: Feels sooo wrong, yet it feels sooo good.

Cesare: Pure powerhouse for it's tier

Massa: Same as Cesare

Arizona: I rly lowed the Taco Bell and wanted a prem version. Did not regret it at all. She packs a punch.

Kamikaze: Downright broken.

But I actually looked at how many prems,coal and free xp ships + those reward ones for missions.....damn.

47 ships. I would have had 50ish, but I got rid of a few of the ARP ones.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Ishizuchi ... my first ever premium ship (almost 5 years ago) ... great ship reminding me of even greater times. Though I don't drive her that much today (far too many other ships to play, plus it's a tad seal clubby).

Apart from that: Belfast.

• Cool 4

[RO-RN]
Players
987 posts
14,018 battles

CASH:

-Tirpitz-very fun ship to play and does very well even when using a tank build it goes down very hard.

-Perth-a unique ship that offers a different play style,crawling smoke,hydro,HE,torpedoes what is not to like?

-Giulio Cesare:This thing fears only T7 ships, god have mercy of the 6 and 5 because this thing wont, I do more damage in this than in t10s, once I was called a hacker and that HE, it is just disquisting 35% fire chance and 4800 HE damage.

Other currencies:

-Bourgogne:a very fun ship to play and a dangerous one to fight against, reload booster,very good maneuverability for a BB and reliable AP and HE shells coupled with fast reloading guns.

-Stalingrad:the ship that learned me what matters the most in this game..the guns, they are amazing, great AP penetration,incredible ballistics and improved ricochet angles and faster fuse time, Kronshtadt wishes to have half the guns capabilities stalingrad has.

-Neustrashimy:one of the rarest ship in this game and a unique one, it has few guns but they hit hard,very good ballistics for a destroyer and good AP shell, the torpedoes reload slowly and 10km range at t9 is quite lacking but they hit hard and they are THE HARDEST NON DEEP WATER TORPEDOES TO DETECT, there is no escape from this things the moment you see them it is already to late do to something. Smoke,defensive fire,speed boost and a super heal. Did I mention that it gets a minimum of 5.6 concealment? 

-Azuma: Managed to reach rank 1 with her in the latest t9 rank battle season, good dispersion for a battle cruiser,good AP and very potent HE, the 40 seconds heal cool down allows it to soak up damage from most cruisers, it could use however a rudder shift buff or to get the same destroyer like ellipse like the other japanese cruisers. Nevertheless azuma has paid her price.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,951 battles

For me

Premum DD - Harekaze and Cossack

Premium CA/CL - Atlanta by a long way.

Premium BB - Ishizuchi or Warspite (although Scharnhorst for Op's is great fun also)

[KAKE]
Players
2,790 posts
6,795 battles

For cash, probably Scharnhorst.

If we include freemiums: Musashi.

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

Roma.

Being able to bi*chslap BBs even those with turtleback (german BBs) for 15k or more with one salvo on broadside is just so satisfying.

She's also fast and stealthiest BB at tier VIII.

Players
3,203 posts
18,614 battles

Jean Bart, with Benham as close second. The only two ships I really bother playing anymore.

For cash the best I bought is Belfast, but it's not nearly as fun.

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles

– Haida. I absolutely must play that ship more; I often leave it in port because I'm grinding other lines, but now I think about it I might put my mind to getting a 19-point commander for it as another long-term project.

– T-61

– Giulio Cesare :Smile_trollface: (even if I know I don't really play it to its full potential)

– Dunkerque. Is so fun it's rather holding up progress down the French BB line.

– Sims and Kidd are both hilarious fun in co-op. I've still not played Kidd in random, but am looking forward to it...

For coal: Charleston

But above all, my best purchase has been premium time (when discounted)

[SHAD]
Players
3,795 posts
15,178 battles
1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

Probably Vanguard. I love everything about that ship and I find her satisfying to play. 

I also find her gorgeous. 

There is another!!!

I also love Vanguard and am

puzzled when other players say it’s bad.

Best purchase is either Mainz or Siegfried.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
1,122 posts
5,879 battles

Right now it'd have to be the Mainz. Only bought it recently, of course, but it's a fun and enjoyable ship without gimmicks. When the going gets rough, a couple of games in the Mainz can really improve my mood (at the occasional cost of one or two karma points from BBs who don't enjoy being spammed with high-penetration HE).

I'm glad I got a Missouri and Belfast before they were removed from sale but I rarely play them. Really should take the Mo out more often instead of moaning about being credit-poor. :fish_palm:

Players
293 posts
4,337 battles

It's definitely the Thunderer for me. The ship has so much going for her that she does great in almost every situation (except for brawling). The versatility between her AP/HE as well as her handling makes her a pleasure to play. 

Players
1,070 posts
15,102 battles

Good topic!

For cash, Scharnhorst, hands down my favourite mid-tier Premium ship because it gives me the feeling of being able to handle anything. Had some great small-action battles on the PTS last night with her, including the final battle, a 1 vs 1 against a Gneisenau on Fault Line map. On Live it mainly gets used in Narai, although not so much these days...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5caa98e9ac27caa65156663bf5a014ed.png

The final two minute climax with the inevitable torpedo jousting in the middle it was always going to be.