You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

9.6 brings permaflages for all tier X german ships (for tokens)

69 comments in this topic

Players
3,146 posts
17,781 battles

image.thumb.png.08a5455823d4b8515f8f267180f34d35.png

From the patch notes, it is not stated how to obtain those special chains of combat missions. 

The patch notes does mention german containers which also drops missions for the german CVs, but nothing about tokens.....

image.thumb.png.67a92393ffd9c198f5fea9a11d8ca4e5.png

There is no mention of random bundles for doubloons anywhere, but....

I cannot imagine WG being that straight forward where TX rewards are involved.

EDIT: updated post with patch notes:

You can get up to 300 tokens from free missions. 

If you have somehow (:cap_money:) obtained all german CVs including GZ, you can get 600 tokens.

1800 tokens are available in bundles for doubloons (looks like 7500 dubs per mission)

600 tokens are available from the premium shop.

image.thumb.png.75cdecb5c0a6ca3768e168fe4ab48263.png

image.thumb.png.728fd204279e3fc2bae3a794acf88941.png

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,193 battles

Considering how "easy" was to obtain camo for Petro with Soviet Tokens I wouldn't be surprised if you need to spend more then for Type 20 camo to get enough tokens for them. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 6

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts

I don't like 'tokens', I always end up short for some reason. If they were cookies, I'd at least understand what the shortage is due to.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 13

Players
1,055 posts
5,362 battles

I like the pattern but I hope it's not set up like the Soviet tokens nonsense where you have to buy one before you're allowed to buy the next. I won't grind my butt off to unlock patterns on ships I never play in the hope reaching one I'll actually use.

• Cool 5

[I-J-N]
Players
5,730 posts
3 minutes ago, Strapps said:

I like the pattern but I hope it's not set up like the Soviet tokens nonsense where you have to buy one before you're allowed to buy the next. I won't grind my butt off to unlock patterns on ships I never play in the hope reaching one I'll actually use.

For me, nothing beats the classy 'Baltic stripe' though.

Players
3,146 posts
17,781 battles
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

Considering how "easy" was to obtain camo for Petro with Soviet Tokens I wouldn't be surprised if you need to spend more then for Type 20 camo to get enough tokens for them. 

If it's the usual WG stuff it's gonna be like....

Buy cheap 500 doubloon RNG bundle containing premium german box with very reasonable 0,00001% chance of giving you special mission to kill 100 CVs with tier X IJN DDs.

Easy comrade!

You only have to do the 100 times to get enough tokens for a permaflage!:Smile_medal:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
4,084 posts
5,469 battles

I believe that those special missions will be Directive, or you get tokens from German containers. IMO.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles

Presumably, the overall amount of work will be at least on a par with what was required in the 'soggy Mad Max' mode (whatever that was called - Rogue Wave?) to get the T10 permaflage.

I don't recall it being easy, but it not being utterly unreasonable though...?

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts

TBH I dont really care anymore, I spent what I intend on the game for now, I dont even have the motivation to grind RIga so I get Petro faster, I am regrinding some lines at a moderate so slow pace and enjoying stress free games, and I especially wont bother for CVs that are not so great a Cv to boot...

I will get what I get for free and thats that...

• Cool 7

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
354 posts
11,915 battles

I do like the looks of these camouflages. I do hope getting the tokens isn't as RNG as the Soviet tokens. That was a horrible thing. 

[KITEN]
Players
156 posts
17,693 battles
4 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

I do like the looks of these camouflages. I do hope getting the tokens isn't as RNG as the Soviet tokens. That was a horrible thing. 

Totally agree! I've finished all the directives, and the tokens I got is a mile away for the first new tech ship Talin. The "early access" is a joke

Players
4,084 posts
5,469 battles

On the 2nd hand, im very sure this tokens will be obtainable the same way as soviet tokens, from containers with RNG rolls of 5+

In that case Iron Cross camo could cost at least 300 tokens(?)

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles

I would like the Z-52 one, but I don't have any hopes there. Cannot complete even the firs directive for Dockyard because I don't have suitable ships ... so much for events ...

Players
183 posts

Nice curiosity. Even nicer if I manage to get something free.

If I have to pay for those I just wont bother and will not shed any tears for that. Not going to ride the fomo train.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I would like the Z-52 one, but I don't have any hopes there. Cannot complete even the firs directive for Dockyard because I don't have suitable ships ... so much for events ...

You dont need special ships for directives, it takes longer but its doable?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,682 posts
45,091 battles

I may be interested for the GK, right now I have the space camo for GK and no other perma , Hinden and Z52 I have got the normal perma on so hope it is a choice.

[-LA-]
Players
695 posts
5,288 battles
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

a lot of the directives require very specific types of sjips for a set nation , i hadnt looked figured first week would auto complete but i still had one objective to do with none of those left organically having had any progress over the week. 

so yeah i can easily imagine people will be missing options or doing these directives . ive basically had just enough ships so far but its been close 

[XITAX]
Players
97 posts
6,018 battles

I hope that this is something reachable and not the usual impossible stuff.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles
10 hours ago, Yedwy said:

There are 5 missions that are generic, the rest are class and even nation specific or premium ship specific ... also somebody like me, that plays only a single class due to time constraints (I don't have time to play everything so I like to focus my attention) simply cannot do the directives as they are structured "to promote diversity" by mission prerequisites rather than completion criteria ...

f.e. hit enemy ships 1600 times with main battery: french or RN DDs or 350k spotting damage PA and european DDs ... missing 3 other nations that have DDs ....

the remaining are skill based (14 torps in single battle, 2500 base exp, 185k damage) ... those while not impossible are really hard for me as I am not a very good player (barely average).

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
8 hours ago, Padds01 said:

a lot of the directives require very specific types of sjips for a set nation , i hadnt looked figured first week would auto complete but i still had one objective to do with none of those left organically having had any progress over the week. 

so yeah i can easily imagine people will be missing options or doing these directives . ive basically had just enough ships so far but its been close 

Dude you do know one can grind a T5 of any nation or class in like a day or two?

1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

There are 5 missions that are generic, the rest are class and even nation specific or premium ship specific ... also somebody like me, that plays only a single class due to time constraints (I don't have time to play everything so I like to focus my attention) simply cannot do the directives as they are structured "to promote diversity" by mission prerequisites rather than completion criteria ...

f.e. hit enemy ships 1600 times with main battery: french or RN DDs or 350k spotting damage PA and european DDs ... missing 3 other nations that have DDs ....

the remaining are skill based (14 torps in single battle, 2500 base exp, 185k damage) ... those while not impossible are really hard for me as I am not a very good player (barely average).

Well the statement above applies here but yea I guess if you are not willing to put ANY effort in the Dockyard then you wont get the Odin or Spee and thats just how it is

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles
13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Dude you do know one can grind a T5 of any nation or class in like a day or two?

Well the statement above applies here but if you are not willing to put ANY effort in the Dockyard then yea I guess you wont get the Odin or Spee and thats just how it is

You are seriously suggesting to people to play T5 when double T4 sealclubbing games are the norm there ? That is your idea of a fun game ? No thanks ... I rather invest my time in progressing the lines I already have than frustration in low tiers .... Look at it this way ... I have all nation DDs available up to tier 9 (except French and PA), RU and KM T10. I am unable to finish the first directive with that ... I simply run out of viable missions by 6 out of 7 ... The directives are structured a bit better than PR event (as they are not an insane grind) but effectively the same for me (and I'd say about 80% of the playerbase).

Playing the game for the directive alone would f.e. mean I take out a Bismarck to farm potential damage. Park myself somewhere to be shot at and simply not care about the game, just about potential damage ... That will surely improve the quality of gameplay ... Are you seriously suggesting THAT ?

• Bad 3

[JRM]
Players
7,211 posts
4 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

You are seriously suggesting to people to play T5 when double T4 sealclubbing games are the norm there ?

Well if they want the prize yes and I am regrinding several trees right now and have 0 issues at T5 the T4 CVs are a bit of a nuisance as ever but I see no special sealclubbing going on there... I mean OFC occasionally you will find clubbing divs so what?

As for tasks themselves if some task is detrimental and has to be worked on specifically its usually doable in coop but most can just be done with enough games played and if you dont care 2 much about the speed of the progress you will get there eventually

• Cool 2