You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Goktsu

Warhammer 4000 Packs VIII ships Do not buy

45 comments in this topic

Players
163 posts

For all the newbies do not waste your money buying those packs , the ships are mediocre .

And you going to face tierIX and Tier X most the times in random battle.

You have been warned, do not waste your hard earned cash

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
5 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's an Amagi so nothing amazing. It was made for Warhammer fans. 

Does it say it's just a graphical reskin of an Amagi, or is it possible people actually buy these ships expecting the full Warhammer 40000 arsenal fully functional?

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles

They are reskins of Amagi, and bad reskins too, they do not have reverse bows, the secondary arnament is left as it is and not visually modded into macrocannos, the turrets do not look like lance turrets, the superstructure does not look like gothic cathedrals etc etc etc. The Khorne ship also lacks skulls and flayed faces, its simply not warhammer 40k, its wargaming 40 euro, and it is lame. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 6

[MORIA]
Players
7,772 posts
39,168 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Does it say it's just a graphical reskin of an Amagi, or is it possible people actually buy these ships expecting the full Warhammer 40000 arsenal fully functional?

Tbh idk what some people think. I just saw a guy yelling that the Devs are bad yet he completed a mission for random battles in coop so he didn't get a reward.... The average players are what they are we can't change them. Though WG could make by this a different ship - yes reskin Amagi but with better secondary range. With less sigma on main guns. It would be way more interesting. 

[CATS]
Players
28,799 posts
15,093 battles
2 hours ago, Goktsu said:

For all the newbies do not waste your money buying those packs , the ships are mediocre .

They are Tier VIII ships, what did you expect?

And Amagi is a good ship.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,340 posts
18,216 battles
2 hours ago, Yxkraft said:

They are reskins of Amagi, and bad reskins too, they do not have reverse bows, the secondary arnament is left as it is and not visually modded into macrocannos, the turrets do not look like lance turrets, the superstructure does not look like gothic cathedrals etc etc etc. The Khorne ship also lacks skulls and flayed faces, its simply not warhammer 40k, its wargaming 40 euro, and it is lame. 

Good. I do not want skulls and flayed faces in game, ta v much, nor do I want WoWs goth mode. I am still reeling from what happened when I turned on the decorative camo options and realised what my Shokaku looks to other players. WTF? 

307694760_ShokakuEek.thumb.png.b51dc36bea32817d3c3a6128e20ac4a6.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
389 posts
8,525 battles
6 minutes ago, Cyanide_NL said:

Are those 2 ships better than Amagi anywhere? Since the reload is 3 secs longer.

1.9 sigma versus 1.8 on amagi.

Players
450 posts
2,392 battles
40 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Good. I do not want skulls and flayed faces in game, ta v much, nor do I want WoWs goth mode. I am still reeling from what happened when I turned on the decorative camo options and realised what my Shokaku looks to other players. WTF? 

307694760_ShokakuEek.thumb.png.b51dc36bea32817d3c3a6128e20ac4a6.png

It's WarHammer 40k.... AKA. Go big or go home. Screaming flesh faces are part of the course alongside over the top designs

WarSeer

I mean these things are supposed to be possessed by extra dimensional demonic entities that view the laws of physics with a casual disdain and are built/repurposed after capture as a mobile alter to the Chaos followers dark gods. Combine this with the fact that most of Chaos's stuff have spent an eternity in what can only be described as a techno colored hell (The Warp) which is a place that defies all reason or science and you get stuff like this:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada - First Impressions & Thoughts On The ...

Wargaming (I feel) seems to have just gone onto GeeDubz store page and looked at the first few listings in the Chaos army and picked the generic store display pics as reference. In fact this was probably the image that fully inspired them...

99120102012_ChaosPredator02.jpg

The Generic Khorne Predator from the Predator store page.

The ships aren't bad per say. But it does feel like a wasted opportunity as it could have been soo much more.. Grand, spectacular, in the case of the Chaos ship... 'Spikier'.. a true colliding of franchises and a way to get every WarHammer fan to open their wallets to give cash for the cash gods and loot for their diamond thrones.

Hell they could have made the skins one of their patented multi use perma flages with how little has been changed on the ship hulls so that players could doll up the ship of their choice.

Or at least fully embraced the cross over and done a DD, CL, BB and CV ship for the Imperium and Chaos and ran a game mode pitting both against each other or hell re-skinned 'Sunray in the Darkness' (the Halloween Op) to be AI Chaos ships attempting to breach a Warp gate and overrun human Imperial defenders which are trying to protect towers full of psykers who are trying to close it.

ATM this whole thing just feels like a poorly thought out cash grab where the only thing decent is the captains.

• Cool 3

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

You cant have warhammer 40k without skulls and flayed faces. You do not know warhammer 40k and the decorations. BTW both ships should have gargyoles everywhere, its part of the anti-daemonic intrusion system in warhammer 40k ships. 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,278 posts
5,706 battles
3 minutes ago, Yxkraft said:

You cant have warhammer 40k without skulls and flayed faces. You do not know warhammer 40k and the decorations. BTW both ships should have gargyoles everywhere, its part of the anti-daemonic intrusion system in warhammer 40k ships. 

Why would a Chaos ship want to keep the daemons out, they're on the same side after all..

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles
8 hours ago, DeviousDave02 said:

ATM this whole thing just feels like a poorly thought out cash grab where the only thing decent is the captains.

They messed that up too, [edited]

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Why would a Chaos ship want to keep the daemons out, they're on the same side after all..

Depends a bit on their warband affilation, but you need to have some kind of integrity field in the warp or your ship starts to melt and flow from the psychic emanations of its human crews.  

• Cool 1

Players
7,417 posts
245 battles

Missed opportunity to make the imperial amagi have 8.0km secondaries plus better accuracy on secondaries and the chaos one more accurate (even if by a little), too make them stand out a little more.

[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles
1 hour ago, Origin47 said:

1.9 sigma versus 1.8 on amagi.

Given the 3 sec longer reload the total hits will likely balance out about the same

Players
929 posts

The designs are a little underwhelming (I think they're supposed to 'suggest' 40k rather than appear like something out of the actual setting; of course, GW design has been getting more homogenised and dull in recent years anyhow), but then as I wasn't planning on throwing any money at WG for them then, at least I'll have virtually no chance of getting them from the rather feeble two crates from a single faction- Imperial obviously, no Traitor scum here :Smile_izmena:- that will be the (two-week grind) combat mission reward...

...Also, it's a shame they didn't take the chance to make the Amagi's Citadel more... Miniature:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
237 posts
2,755 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

It's an Amagi so nothing amazing. It was made for Warhammer fans. 

As a warhammer fan the repainted Amagi does nothing for me. Not to mention that Warmahher is essentially space Royal Navy so it being the Amagi to begin with is an odd choice.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles
4 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I am still reeling from what happened when I turned on the decorative camo options and realised what my Shokaku looks to other players.

I'm quietly hoping that, at some point, WG get round to allowing us to switch off individual 'non standard' skins - entirely because of the Shokek one (I rather like the 'art deco/steampunk' ones and I lose them too if I switch off the entire Halloween set)...

Players
272 posts
9 hours ago, Goktsu said:

I was so excited when I saw a Ragnarok behind an island and to my disappointment, it turned out to be an amagi with a fancy makeover. 

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
349 posts
11,769 battles

I'm not a Warhammer fan, but I like the looks on these ships. I doubt the Amagi really fits my playstyle though, and a tier VIII premium ship is a tad too expensive to buy a ship that doesn't fit my playstyle. 

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles
20 minutes ago, SpartanRenegade said:

I was so excited when I saw a Ragnarok behind an island and to my disappointment, it turned out to be an amagi with a fancy makeover. 

Thats another thing that I find so lame with this collabration, the names. In Warhammer 40k imperial ships have names like "Lord Solar Macharius", "His Will Be Done",  "Fist of Macragge". We get Ignis Purgatio - cleansing fire. Duh. That is lame and not very martial. Chaos ships have names like "Skullfathers Wrath", "The Word of Lorgar", "Tormentor", "Pleasure And Pain" (depending of chaos god affinity and warband) etc etc.  Instead we get "Ragnarok", a name that would fit a vessel of the loyalist Space Wolf legion! Thats just totally utterly tragically laaaaaaaaaaaaame!.  The creative department of wargaming has obviously not read a single warhammer 40k novel.  This creative "collobration" shoudl be redone, with Dasha and Alina dressed up as slaneeshi cultists. 

[SKM71]
[SKM71]
Players
180 posts
14,424 battles
6 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

I'm not a Warhammer fan, but I like the looks on these ships. I doubt the Amagi really fits my playstyle though, and a tier VIII premium ship is a tad too expensive to buy a ship that doesn't fit my playstyle. 

2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Missed opportunity to make the imperial amagi have 8.0km secondaries plus better accuracy on secondaries and the chaos one more accurate (even if by a little), too make them stand out a little more.

You could give Amagi 8 km secondaries and it would do very little difference overall. Being in secondary range is not something you want to be in a battleship. Wargaming could not formulate a theorethical model for secondary batteries so they just gave up, said damn it and introduced the command fire skill that is very user unfriendly.