Sign in to follow this  
elblancogringo

Zao and Yoshino builds

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

Good day to you guys

I have been wondering for a while about the builds for my Zao and Yoshino. 

For both I take the standard 10 points priority target, adrenaline rush, superintendent and concealment expert. My question is how to spend the remaining 9 points.

For Yoshino, which has quite good AA I was considering going AFT, then basics of survivability and turret traverse speed. But the status of AA in the game currently makes me hesitant to go for AFT.

For Zao I was considering RPF, expert marksman, Jack of all trade and expert loader.

What do you think?

Could you guys please share the builds you are using for your Zao and Yoshino?

Thank you and have a great weekend.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles

Don't have a Yoshino, but based on my expirience of the Azuma, a classic stealth/survivability build should work just fine.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I wouldnt take AFT, as you said yourself, AA is not useful anyway. Might take FP, Yoshino is rather huge.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I wouldnt take AFT, as you said yourself, AA is not useful anyway. Might take FP, Yoshino is rather huge.

And burns for the full fire duration, like every other CB.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Yoshino is standard battleship build due to 60 sec fires. EM is very useful

RPF is good on the Zao as you are often close to the front line.

• Cool 1

Players
3,204 posts
18,626 battles

I use my Zao captain on the Yoshino.

RPF is very handy.

Dont see FP being much use since Yoshinos main weakness is eating tonnes penetration damage (both HE and AP) if hit.

Thus is it played at long range and fires simpy dont contribute much.

RPF is better, since it helps a lot for simply going dark if the pressure gets high.

13 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Yoshino is standard battleship build due to 60 45 sec fires.

fixed :Smile-_tongue:

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

pt, pm, el

jot, em, ar

si, de

ce

that's how I roll my Zao

[HAZEL]
Players
55 posts
7,358 battles

For Yoshino i'd get every fire chance and duration reduction skill to max out survivability. Since it has the 1 minute fire timer.

Expert Marksman for turret rotation.

But first the standard build, Priority Target, Adrenaline Rush, Super Intendant and Concealment Expert. 

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles
13 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I use my Zao captain on the Yoshino.

RPF is very handy.

Dont see FP being much use since Yoshinos main weakness is eating tonnes penetration damage (both HE and AP) if hit.

Thus is it played at long range and fires simpy dont contribute much.

RPF is better, since it helps a lot for simply going dark if the pressure gets high.

That was changed long ago! All tier 9 and 10 supercruisers have 60 second fires.

[BABBY]
Players
799 posts
11,630 battles
30 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Only Spee has 45s, supercruisers burn for 60s, they still benefit from cruiser dcp though

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Zao is your typical PT, EL, EM, AR, JoAT, SI, CE, RPF.

Yoshino can work with Zao captain or with Yamato captain, whatever you want. Ideally, whichever your Yamamoto is, unless they are on a DD. RPF is helpful on Yoshino for similar reasons as on Zao. FP can help too, but let's be honest, it's a Yoshino. It's not a Stalingrad. You are not sitting there getting HE shelled all the time, you sit 15-20 km away and fire HE at stuff. You make some dodge moves, most BBs shoot AP back at you, not HE. If you are in danger of getting HE spammed to death, you stop shooting and go dark. You don't need FP, because you aren't going to die to fires most of the time anyway and you get an extra heal, so if you actually take fire damage over the match, you might actually have something to repair back with your fifth heal charge, instead of running out due to all being pen damage or worse.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
1,598 posts
18,675 battles
4 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

Good day to you guys

You just made me laugh. "Good day to you" is a regular re in my spam folder. Could be a billionaire by now, if only I had believed all those accountants of late mrs. higgins trust fund wanting to share with me.

I have been wondering for a while about the builds for my Zao and Yoshino. 

For both I take the standard 10 points priority target, adrenaline rush, superintendent and concealment expert. My question is how to spend the remaining 9 points.

For Yoshino, which has quite good AA I was considering going AFT, then basics of survivability and turret traverse speed. But the status of AA in the game currently makes me hesitant to go for AFT.

For Zao I was considering RPF, expert marksman, Jack of all trade and expert loader.

What do you think?

Could you guys please share the builds you are using for your Zao and Yoshino?

Thank you and have a great weekend.

This is my old Clan Battles build. You will notice there are only few expensive skills in it. One may even argue that DE is questionable, but since fires are important for your damage total, it is imo worth it. I tried other builds with RPF or Vigilance. They are valid. But I lost guns or torp launcher and steering gear way too often, when kiting bigger ships, so PM was important and JoaT the nwas just to round up the build. This is a typical build for a Zao playing at long range.

There are people playing Zao a bit closer, which I find difficult. The armor scheme is not sufficient to tank and the ship relies on enemy shell flying time in combination with good maneuverablility to avoid damage. However, if this is your playstyle, I would suggest this build.

It trades a few of the skills needed in competitive environment, like EL, for RPF and Vigilance, which enables the Zao to hunt down DDs closer to the center. Also you sacrifice some of the excelled dispersion for faster turret traverse to better deal with surprises jumping you from islands. Both builds and a lot between are valid.

The Yoshino is different. It should not be treated as a cruiser, cause it suffers from longer fire duration. Personally, I also don't want to waste a dedicated captain for the Yoshino. So for me the choice is to use my Yamato captain. The survivability build works fine on Yoshino. Ofc you can also use the second build for the Zao captain. There is no perfect build. Each of them has downsides in certain situations, but depending on your playstyle and what you know about yourself, you should be able to make the right pick.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

This is my old Clan Battles build. You will notice there are only few expensive skills in it. One may even argue that DE is questionable, but since fires are important for your damage total, it is imo worth it. I tried other builds with RPF or Vigilance. They are valid. But I lost guns or torp launcher and steering gear way too often, when kiting bigger ships, so PM was important and JoaT the nwas just to round up the build. This is a typical build for a Zao playing at long range.

There are people playing Zao a bit closer, which I find difficult. The armor scheme is not sufficient to tank and the ship relies on enemy shell flying time in combination with good maneuverablility to avoid damage. However, if this is your playstyle, I would suggest this build.

It trades a few of the skills needed in competitive environment, like EL, for RPF and Vigilance, which enables the Zao to hunt down DDs closer to the center. Also you sacrifice some of the excelled dispersion for faster turret traverse to better deal with surprises jumping you from islands. Both builds and a lot between are valid.

Comparing the two builds, I feel like the first is there to make best use out of Yamamoto, which is fair, second though... given you have a hydro for the times you need to deal with torp threats, I feel like the Vigilence is 3 wasted points. If i do go closer with zao, I feel though that one thing definitely worthwhile is EL, because you will start having way more opportunities to throw pinpoint AP salvos at broadside cruisers from 10 km popping out of nowhere.

Also, in competitive, RPF beat DE + PM. Insofar as Zao was used in competitive, it usually secured flanks and for that the RPF gave a ton of intel, while the reduced fire chance is not that terrible when the main job of Zao was to slap Henris and such with large alpha salvos. But I speak past tense, because who runs Zao still in any competitive lineup? Except those who have no better cruiser...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this