Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

WoWS x Warhammer 40,000 — Demonstrate Your Allegiance to the Imperium or Chaos in World of Warships

29 comments in this topic

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,261 posts
4,988 battles

Not going to lie, I went and jumped on Ragnarök as soon as I could.

Combines my love of the Warhammer universe (not so much the games any more (long story, and not really the place for it here) and my Norse heritage.:cap_viking:

• Cool 2

[TPSFQ]
Players
13 posts
1,406 battles

While I love warhammer, I'll pass this one.

Seriously, just reskinned amagis?

and to get a basic level 10 commander we need to put 80$? That's a whole AAA game!

I did buy the pre bundle thing, but only got cammos out of the containers...

• Cool 5

Players
397 posts
13 minutes ago, Traeng said:

Seriously, just reskinned amagis?

Have they slapped them with a 33 sec reload as well. I was up for it till I noticed that, May be mistaken though? I'd even bought the pack :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_facepalm: I'll never learn.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,261 posts
4,988 battles
6 minutes ago, motor_g_b said:

Have they slapped them with a 33 sec reload as well. I was up for it till I noticed that, May be mistaken though? I'd even bought the pack :Smile_facepalm: :Smile_facepalm: I'll never learn.

You're not, unless the UI in game is mistaken as well. Not played the Ragnarök yet to see for sure mind.

19 minutes ago, Traeng said:

and to get a basic level 10 commander we need to put 80$? That's a whole AAA game!

To be fair you can put any IJN skipper in them..

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
2,264 battles

nEAR  as I can see, they are flashy versions of the amagi, but 1: two knots faster, 3 sec faster rudder turn, and slightly less stock range.However, until we hear from someone who puts em in the water, we won't know if any more subtle changes have also been made. They do look wild tho LOL.

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
5 posts
2,971 battles

Cool, cool... now where is that Hololive collab.

• Cool 1

[TPSFQ]
Players
13 posts
1,406 battles
6 minutes ago, Draelaen_Silverfury said:

Is it possible to get at least 1 of these ships for free using the combat missions or even if i complete them all is there a chance that I won't get them?

I completed all combat missions, as I bought the pre order thing hoping it'd be the case.

I then bought 5 imperium crates.

That's a total of 15 crates opened.

I got: only camos.

• Cool 1

[OMPG]
Beta Tester
317 posts
5,844 battles
12 hours ago, bondone said:

Also the Graf Spee  shot it out for over 30 min. with 3 Brit CLs , no ship sank ! over 600 shots fired ! That is a realistic fight . The Brits won on points when the G S was sunk by their own crew .  A REALISTIC MODE WOULD BE MORE FUN , EVEN SORT OF REALISTIC .

Exeter was a CA not a CL thus Graf Spee fought one CA and two CLs.

• Cool 1

[HEL-]
Players
4 posts
1,902 battles

I brought the prepack and completed the challenges and only got camo's. However I brought 5 Imperial containers from the store and only got camos (max crates i can buy) but brought 1 chaos and got the ragnarok with 10 point captain. 

Shame, I preferred the Imperal ship but can't complain!

Players
128 posts
185 battles

Ridiculous high prices again, I have all ships on my main ( up till xmas ) except steel ships as I am a solo player and collector. I don't benefit from the clan boosts or play much past Rank 8 in ranked battles so steel is hard to come by. I stopped buying anything from WG after the xmas event due to the rigged crates where all the tiers almost exclusively came out in order, 5/6/7/cv/8 and finally the 9's. I'v always spent well at Xmas and always considered it pretty good value but not this year. I got 21 ships this year and only 1 ship came out of that tier order clearly pointing to them being rigged to appear that way ( on my account and the vast majority of YouTube openings ) so my in tier order drop was not an isolated event. Next is the fact that they removed doubloons compensation totally from the xmas crates again devaluing them along with the rigging. I say this laying the ground for my initial point of stupidly high prices WG charge these days. 

Your paying £150 euros for some of these Warhammer packs which literally give you a reskinned Amagi and some flags. The more we jump on these overpriced, little effort packs the more WG will pump them out and slowly inflate the prices looking for that ceiling cap where players stop spending. (for me that was xmas). Its your money spend it how you will, but do consider the drop in original content from WG, and instead the lazy copy paste junk with minor tweaks they are currently spamming. Im not a fan of over the top skins and more interested in traditional camo, tho I do get others interest in this kind of content. As usual the art department knocked it out of the park. But WG as a company use some pretty dubious tactics to part us from our money without putting in much effort. 

Finally Mr FidelisRaven, Darth I think is simply making the point that with everything happening around the world at the moment WG's pricing policy is a little obscene. Which I kinda agree with, especially as most of the content is no longer unique merely copy paste tech tree ships with minor tweaks. In the end it's your money, and people are free to do what the hell they want with their hard earned cash, but do consider what kind of copy paste junk your supporting when paying these over inflated prices, think how many full games you could buy with that 150 euro's. Or anything else you fancy. I'm done supporting WG, WoW's this year went from a must play game to an occasional drop in for me now and I would never start another WG title.

• Cool 8

[TPSFQ]
Players
13 posts
1,406 battles
On 6/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, HazmatUK said:

I brought the prepack and completed the challenges and only got camo's. However I brought 5 Imperial containers from the store and only got camos (max crates i can buy) but brought 1 chaos and got the ragnarok with 10 point captain. 

Shame, I preferred the Imperal ship but can't complain!

I bought all 10 containers and got nothing. Got the prepack and got nothing too, just camos.

Also did the 2 extra containers and got nothing but camos.

Cmon...

[SE_WO]
Players
228 posts
18,132 battles
On 6/20/2020 at 2:31 AM, TohtoriP said:

Exeter was a CA not a CL thus Graf Spee fought one CA and two CLs.

even better example of hard to sink ships . 

Players
195 posts
13,677 battles

I would buy the 2 commanders and the 2 camos (if i could mount them on any ship like the christmas camos)  + patches for 80euros (as you see i am quite generous) but without the double Amagi crappy ships. 

So WG when this offer fails consider my suggestion for a bundle with just the 2 captains + their 2 camos (able to chose where to put just like the christmas camos)+ patches

for 80euros

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,300 posts
15,645 battles
On 6/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, bondone said:

Also the Graf Spee  shot it out for over 30 min. with 3 Brit CLs , no ship sank ! over 600 shots fired ! That is a realistic fight . The Brits won on points when the G S was sunk by their own crew .  A REALISTIC MODE WOULD BE MORE FUN , EVEN SORT OF REALISTIC .

The shooting lasted for almost an hour and a half. Exeter was hit seven times. That's one hit every 13 minutes. Also the accuracy is way lower IRL than in game. At the battle of Jutland the hitratio was 2-3%. Imagine that in the game. You hit once every 50 shots and it takes two hours to sink a T6 cruiser.

No thanks.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SE_WO]
Players
228 posts
18,132 battles
6 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The shooting lasted for almost an hour and a half. Exeter was hit seven times. That's one hit every 13 minutes. Also the accuracy is way lower IRL than in game. At the battle of Jutland the hitratio was 2-3%. Imagine that in the game. You hit once every 50 shots and it takes two hours to sink a T6 cruiser.

No thanks.

maybe quality gaming could be better than high speed big scores .  game is looking more like arcade play with CV s and poorly controlled planes and the new silly subs , how soon will land based jets with nukes be on tap .maybe quality should be a option . every time I shoot at a BISMARK  with my BISMARK I feel bad .

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,300 posts
15,645 battles
1 hour ago, bondone said:

maybe quality gaming could be better than high speed big scores .  game is looking more like arcade play with CV s and poorly controlled planes and the new silly subs , how soon will land based jets with nukes be on tap .maybe quality should be a option . every time I shoot at a BISMARK  with my BISMARK I feel bad .

Back in the day I used to play a game called "B-17 Flying Fortress" As the name says you fly bombing mission with B-17s. Once I tried to play in real-time. One mission took seven hours. Never again!

To go back to the Battle of Jutland. First shots fired just before 16:00 and it broke of by 20:00. That's four hours. Could you sit by your computer for four hours straight just to play one match? This is an arcade game. Good graphics for an arcade game but an arcade game none the less. If you don't like it then perhaps you should look for another game.

You use the term "quality". What do you mean by that?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles

As there were some requests to share the finished model from Friday's stream, here it is ;)

Spoiler

IMG_20200622_090334.jpgIMG_20200622_090236.jpgIMG_20200622_090427.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TDVAS]
Players
721 posts
6,720 battles
12 minutes ago, MrConway said:

As there were some requests to share the finished model from Friday's stream, here it is ;)

Hide contents

IMG_20200622_090334.jpgIMG_20200622_090236.jpgIMG_20200622_090427.jpg

that thing starts shoot ships from island ? :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[SE_WO]
Players
228 posts
18,132 battles
On 6/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, Hanse77SWE said:

Back in the day I used to play a game called "B-17 Flying Fortress" As the name says you fly bombing mission with B-17s. Once I tried to play in real-time. One mission took seven hours. Never again!

To go back to the Battle of Jutland. First shots fired just before 16:00 and it broke of by 20:00. That's four hours. Could you sit by your computer for four hours straight just to play one match? This is an arcade game. Good graphics for an arcade game but an arcade game none the less. If you don't like it then perhaps you should look for another game.

You use the term "quality". What do you mean by that?

Well some amount of RTS should come into play ,when the game had RTS CVs the game was better . Now the planes have poor control and its hard to run a ship and do bomb runs at the same time . The new subs are just silly at best . However  ships that are German should only face off with British or USA ,and so on .I was doing WOW plains some time ago and they did have Allied vs Axes games with WW2 planes vs WW2 planes then the changed to 100 % arcade jets vs prop jobs same jets vs same  and I quit the game . I had a lot of real time airplane games ,every one had a jump to a combat zone key on the key board so the game did not take hours , only the super sonic jets doing base local dog fights did not need the jump to another location key . Also had a few sub games , most had long games as well as combat zone games . A short game took maybe 30 min.  to  1 hour  depending on  what type sub and mission . Sub controls and weapons at least was historic correct for the sub type .  Well to sum up quality" a realistic game mode as a option would be nice for them who would like a slower more realistic game "  , planes with full control and ships with Ai helm when gunning so you don't hit rocks and your team ships . but you can still play arcade mode if like short time games . .

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,300 posts
15,645 battles
2 hours ago, bondone said:

Things

Then pehaps this game isn't what you want anymore. If you want the stuff you are describing, find a game like that and play it. It's easier than trying to change WoWs.

• Cool 1

Players
128 posts
185 battles
On 6/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, gabberworld said:

that thing starts shoot ships from island ? :cap_haloween:

If WG can shoehorn broken square shaped pegs like subs and CV into a round hole game like WoW's then i would not be suprised if they could justify sledgehammering and justifying introducing mechs into the game as well , after all HG Wells had HMS Thunderchild fighting a martian tripod in War of the Worlds, so its not beyond realms of fantasy that WG can somehow get Warhammer mechs into the game. Another mysteriously found blueprint of some OP mech styled russian bb on the back of a second world war russian ciggie pack...like all the other fantasy ships they bring out, as long as they can sell it i'm sure they will find a justification for its introduction.

What suprises me is after what WG did to Total war Arena's, taking an A class franchise and destroying it in less than 12 months why would Games Workshop risk their brand by allowing WG to mess about with it lol

• Cool 1

[LT-NF]
Players
4 posts

bought 10 containers, spent 10€ and got nothing more than minimum - 50 camos. wg you are disappointing players who pays you money. on new yer spent about 160€ on new year boxes and was disappointed too. i doubt i will buy anything more in premium shop ever again... i think many players are in the same situation too. you pushing your players go play something else, where they will get something more than minimum of promised reward...

Players
145 posts
18 hours ago, bondone said:

a realistic game mode as a option would be nice for them who would like a slower more realistic game

You would be better off playing Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts for that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this