Sign in to follow this  
Sander93

'Clear sky' achievement not awarded

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Not much to add to the title really, shot down 33 planes in my USS Iowa but didn't get the achievement (30 airplane kills). 

shot_15_05_18_16_45_34_0836.jpg

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Thanks for the report, do you have a replay of the battle you could upload as well?

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Thanks for the report, do you have a replay of the battle you could upload as well?

If the game now saves replays automatically now I suppose I do, but I can't find anything in my install folder. 

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

If the game now saves replays automatically now I suppose I do, but I can't find anything in my install folder. 

You need to enable them for the game to save the replays, here's a guide written by tuccy about how you can go about activating them :D

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/11679-replay-function/

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Right, well in that case I'm afraid I don't have a replay available.

All I can tell is that I vaguely remember shooting down a few scout planes along with a load of carrier planes. 

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

It wasn't a one-time bug, happened again. This time I took a screen of the types of planes I killed as well.

Thought maybe last time it was due to scout planes not being counted or something but this time I shot down over 30 combat aircraft for sure. 

shot_15_05_20_22_43_04_0848.jpgshot_15_05_20_22_43_09_0178.jpg

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

It happened to me too at least twice. As you can see in my ship stats I got 36 planes downed records for both the Colorado as well as the North Carolina but never got the achievment. I also am pretty sure I have both replays. But they are buried between the 68 other replays I have from these 2 ships. Please don't make me watch all 70 to find these 2. Is there an easier way to find them?

edit: I also noticed while watching a stream of someone driving his Iowa, that he got this achievment when he killed the 40th aircraft in a match. So maybe the description is just wrong? nvm, if that were the case Sander93 would have gotten it for his 49 kill match.

edit2: ok found one replay quickly, because I had a screenshot of the scorecard giving me the time stamp. uploaded it here.

edit3: found the other one, as I remembered the map and the fact, that there was a "fail platoon" with a Langley involved. Uploaded it here.

Edited by Djerin

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Djerin did this happen in 3.1.1? I think the friday patch fixed the award, I've started to receive it since then. Got 3 so far on the Iowa. 

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

Djerin did this happen in 3.1.1? I think the friday patch fixed the award, I've started to receive it since then. Got 3 so far on the Iowa. 

The one in the North Carolina (in edit2) happened yesterday. The other one before 0.3.1.1 was deployed.
Edited by Djerin

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Right, that's odd. Which aircraft carrier were you fighting?

Perhaps the planes from certain carriers (Hirya in my case) aren't counted properly.

It's the only thing I can think of that could be wrong other than that it's a completely random bug.

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

With the NC the planes belonged to a Hiryu (sp? the tier7 Japanese one). In the other game the planes belonged to a Langley and a Riyu (sp? tier6 Japanese one).

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,954 battles

Can confirm as well having had the same thing several times. It seems somewhat random when it does or doesn't happen and I even had instances where I got it but an enemy CV with 30+ kills didn't get it. It doesn't seem to depend on a certain plane type or kill count, no replays though as I didn't even know they existed till just now x.X

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

Happened to me again. This time an enemyRyujo send wave after wave to me. And I didn't get the achievement despite having downed the required 30 planes.

bQKHprE.jpg

replay

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

I did get the achievement several times, but sometimes only after shooting down way more than 30. I suspect that the planes of some carriers (some Japanese ones) don't count for the achievement.

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

I did get the achievement several times, but sometimes only after shooting down way more than 30. I suspect that the planes of some carriers (some Japanese ones) don't count for the achievement.

I'll just keep reporting. Hopefully the bug gets fixed eventually. But I understand it's not the most important thing, because it doesn't actually impact gameplay in any way.

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

Well today I played several matches where I shot down over 30 US aircraft and didn't get the achievement. My previous suspicion that some Japanese planes don't get counted is apparently incorrect.

It seems like whether or not the award is awarded is completely random.

Beta Tester
307 posts
2,194 battles

And it happened again. 30 planes killed with the Iowa. No Clear Sky achievement. I'm still at a total count of 0 for this achievement by the way...

lzuucCN.jpg

They belonged to a Ranger CV.

Edited by Djerin

Alpha Tester
2,271 posts
1,040 battles

It's not a bug, it's bad translation ... again.

You need to kill the planes intentionally = you need to focus them with Ctrl. 30 such planes and you get the achievment.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
870 posts
20,504 battles

It's not a bug, it's bad translation ... again.

You need to kill the planes intentionally = you need to focus them with Ctrl. 30 such planes and you get the achievment.

That is bull (the mechanism, not your explanation).

What is next ? Torpedos only explode on the ship they were originally aimed and shot at ?

38 planes in my Baltimore and nothing.

Sign in to follow this