You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Europizza

What is your biggest purchase regret! (edited)

129 comments in this topic

Players
3,901 posts
21,075 battles

Surfing the new cool, I'd figured it would be interesting to see what purchase you regret most. Either because it never agreed with you, or it has been powercrept or meta changed so much you hardly touch it ever.

Blyskawica: one of my big loves during the great war of blind fire, the thing has been sitting in my port for ages, the love has fainted. Too big, too clumsy, not a bad ship, but not something you can dictate a match with anymore.

What's your biggest regret? Can be crates, bundles, ships, anything...

• Cool 7

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,521 posts
12,980 battles

I edited the title! 

Topic can be cool... so better title :) 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

As I only purchased a few doubloons, as well as a few gifts for forum events I ran or for christmas giveaways, there is nothing to regret.

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles

Probably Blyska as well tbh. That said, I bought both Blys and Sims at a time when I was (for various reasons) mostly playing co-op, and they're both still hilarious fun to run and gun with there. Just not as much fun to try and make them work in randoms...

Players
3,901 posts
21,075 battles
18 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I edited the title! 

Topic can be cool... so better title :) 

But.. my title had great clickbait :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SPURD]
Players
861 posts
6,535 battles

The hunt for bismark set. So much wasted coal for a camo I don't need.

And Duca d'aosta. While cheap, it's a pile of garbage!

• Bad 1

Players
2,243 posts
9,097 battles

When I started the game, I bought a few days of premium time here and there. It got me stressed and I played too much beyond my enjoyment to max out the benefits. Since, I buy the discounted one year premium at Christmas, and I'm chilled. I bought a couple of discounted premium ships that I don't regret, as they are all fun. I also bought premium camos for Hakuryu, Yamato, and GK. I play the Haku much less since the introduction of AA DDs, I obtained the HSF camo for Yamato since, and I rarely play the GK. It's nice to have those premium camos, but they are overpriced compared to the benefits. I stopped buying perma camos. Maybe if they would allow to move captains free to ships with perma camos, I'd buy them again.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,810 posts
47,325 battles

I guess as a collector it is difficult to regret ships you buy but seldom /never play Marblehead Lima and such, it is in the collectors nature. It is more when you buy things and are unlucky with timing, sale next week or so.

The whole collector approach in itself maybe.:cap_fainting: 

I have a better income now so I can do more purchases to save time for the ships that I like i.e. to buy horrible lootboxes with special signals that makes you grind faster, I still want the ships with a good captain in my collection so signals and camos help with that on shorter time, so skipping ships is not the primary goal. But probelm is taht it is hopeless often to do a informed purchasing choice. F.e. In the latest Russian event it was after a while clear that the drops were horrible and I did in fact made the right choice to buy one premium at the start to get a decent number of tokens, but I did not know that then, in other events I have done the wrong choice. 

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,610 posts
13,923 battles

Blyskawica. :[ It got creept to death..

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,741 posts
15,095 battles

I had a 30 coupon around lunar new year and bought the Bajie. It’s a very good ship with consistent guns but it was a lot of money.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
16 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Those mod edits are pretty good bait too, tbh.

I've got no purchase regrets in wows. Some ships I've played less, I suppose and the YY camo isn't as useful as it once was, but it served a good purpose for a long enough time. Småland was costly in terms of in game economy and I'm not sure it was worth the cost, but I'm not regretting getting it.

In terms of playing hours and fun (not sure how to calculate the frustration), I've not spent more than what I've gotten out of the game. Otoh, I've spent more on wows than any other game (still not a fraction of what the whales do).

I don't see much point in regretting unless you've spent over your head.

Players
3,901 posts
21,075 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Those mod edits are pretty good bait too, tbh.

I've got no purchase regrets in wows. Some ships I've played less, I suppose and the YY camo isn't as useful as it once was, but it served a good purpose for a long enough time. Småland was costly in terms of in game economy and I'm not sure it was worth the cost, but I'm not regretting getting it.

In terms of playing hours and fun (not sure how to calculate the frustration), I've not spent more than what I've gotten out of the game. Otoh, I've spent more on wows than any other game (still not a fraction of what the whales do).

I don't see much point in regretting unless you've spent over your head.

Yeah I don't regret buying the Blyskawica per se, as I've spend a good amount of hours having a blast in it. I just regret it's current state so to speak. Same with Atlanta. Two of my most loved ships, never played anymore.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
1 minute ago, Europizza said:

Yeah I don't regret buying the Blyskawica per se, as I've spend a good amount of hours having a blast in it. I just regret it's current state so to speak. Same with Atlanta. Two of my most loved ships, never played anymore.

Yea, Atlanta is collecting dust. Used to be great and the amount of fun in it was well worth the money. Both Blyska and and Atlanta might have been a tad OP though. Still, Atlanta did great in last Ranked season, so it's not bad, I suppose, just not as good as it once was.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,941 battles

I think my regrets may be around premium ships that WG released prior to the tech tree line and the premiums were different to the tech tree line.

So Anshan and Lo Yang (both don't have DWTs) while all the tech tree ships do have DWTs.  I don't mind playing either though TBH and some DD players see a Pan Asian DD and assume it has DWTs and find out the hard way that it does not.

Aigle (has smoke) while the rest of the line does not.  I still use her every now and then for missions.  I've gotten used to smokeless DDs (sort of).

The Italian cruisers Duca D'Aosta and Abruzzi - both use HE and AP while the tech tree line has SAP and AP.   I've not played either since the snowflake event and I'll probably not play them until the next snowflake event.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,418 battles

I am a bit of a whale and Ive basiclly bought all tier 9 premiums released with money. I still dont even regret anything. The ship Im least satisified with buying is probably Friesland, simply because its a pretty boring ship to play and its honestly not that good.

Ive also got perma camo for a LOT of ships and some ships I have it on that I never play, even some that Ive sold. 

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
748 posts
13,587 battles

I just regret that I have not bought this or that, but not as much to overpay at next occuring occasion or buying lootboxes.

As I play only ships that progress missions, most fo them is just useless at any given moment, but I have ship for every occasion :D

Players
2,130 posts
57 minutes ago, Europizza said:

change the title to 'My title was edited by a mod because…' this is a ever bigger clickbait :p

On Topic

without a doubt Blys as well. I don't really care about the stealth fire nerf, but this ship was powercrept so hard it's not even funny. It still is trash compared to pretty much any other t7 DD. Also kinda unplayable nowadays is Loyang because the gimmick it once had is useless in todays games.

[TACHA]
Players
1,550 posts
17,612 battles

I don't regret anything though I have plenty of ships I just don't play - Dreadnought and Vanguard are both gently rusting as neither are very good though Vanguard is at least pretty! One day I suppose I'll play everything again but really enjoy playing three ships of my over 200 and so play those mainly! Icarus however has recently come out of retirement so I can torment submarines! Gallant not as good so remains in port!

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
205 posts
6,463 battles

i have pan-asia dds and i wanted a ship to train the captain. loyang is a complete disappointment, very weak ship and ugly permanent camouflage

• Bad 1

[ANV]
Players
563 posts
4,919 battles

Asashio - watched CCs playing it and thought that'll do for me. Suffice to say I didn't get the same results. Tried to get money back but had "played too many battles" (at the time about 6). Haven't played it in, I think literally, years. Actually I wonder... 

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
524 posts
6,875 battles

Graf Zeppelin

I just dont like her and the only time I had something remotely enjoyable with her was during the 1v1 T8 Ranked and a 200k dmg game I did once. Otherwise she just felt like a waste of dubloons and a coupon, especially compared to the other two T8 Prem-CVs (Enterprise and Kaga) I bought. Saipan dropped from a free event container, so I am not going to complain. Other ships I bought like the Atago and Bayard are/were actually pretty enjoyable, for the 100 games I played both.

Oh and I regret the few dubloons I lost by automated re-stock of signals.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,718 posts
11,786 battles

All.

The game changed so much since I paid for it that basically none of my payments worth it now.

Blyska - Invisi fire gone.

Impregnator - Same ship is now silver.

Duca d'Aosta - Jeez I don't even remember that thing.

Molotov - Yepp, nothing special now.

Lo Yang? - LOL, every second destroyer has hydro now.

Atalanta? - Ten times nerfed. "AA cruiser"

Atago? - So powercrept I haven't played it like a year...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2