You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

For how long will the new "Submarine Battles" event last?

21 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,082 posts
18,905 battles

Hi all,

For how long will the new "Submarine Battles" event last?

According to the News article:

"Submarine Battles"

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/submarine-battles/

Submarine Battles

Starts: Wed. 27 May 06:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Wed. 27 May 06:00
Ends: Wed. 24 Jun. 06:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Wed. 24 Jun. 06:00

but inside the game on the submarines it says (right now = Thursday 18th June 2020. 4PM):

"Available for 1 Day and 16 hours"

in other words... much sooner than Wed. 24 Jun. 06:00 CEST (UTC+2) ...:Smile_hiding:

Any ideas gentleman? :Smile_unsure:

Leo "Apollo11"

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,274 posts
16 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Any ideas gentleman? :Smile_unsure:

we get the subs for 21 days, but the mode is active for 28 days. Due to the distribution of the subs in random bundles, other players will have subs until the end of the mode

• Cool 2

Players
3,105 posts

I dont understand why stopping the mode. It is fun, people play it, there's no toxicity, everyone is pretty pleased. I like it. No stress, camaraderie to deal with the common threat. I vote for it to stay; It causes absolutely no harm. It can be tweaked easily to include a couple of more tiers etc. Maybe I make a poll, or someone else to see if people want to keep it around :) 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,082 posts
18,905 battles

Hi all,

39 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

we get the subs for 21 days, but the mode is active for 28 days. Due to the distribution of the subs in random bundles, other players will have subs until the end of the mode

RGR! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I will then continue to farm with my "T-61" DD... :Smile_great::Smile_coin:

• Cool 3

[-LA-]
Players
706 posts
5,357 battles

yeah great event subs are fun and i got through the icarus and bayern grinds in a fraction of the time

• Cool 2

[U69]
[U69]
Players
210 posts
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

camaraderie to deal with the common threat

You are doubtlessly referring to those CV. Sink them all!

• Funny 2

Players
3,105 posts
12 minutes ago, U69_2020 said:

You are doubtlessly referring to those CV. Sink them all!

I was talking about the subs haha ;) but hey that works as well sure :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles

Im going to assume theyre gonna make some changes based on our feedback and then relaunch the event again.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,308 posts
20,574 battles
6 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

I dont understand why stopping the mode. It is fun, people play it, there's no toxicity, everyone is pretty pleased. I like it. No stress, camaraderie to deal with the common threat. I vote for it to stay; It causes absolutely no harm. It can be tweaked easily to include a couple of more tiers etc. Maybe I make a poll, or someone else to see if people want to keep it around :) 

You have had a very different experience of sub battles to me then I found it way more rude and blame filled than ranked battles

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,666 posts
22,495 battles
7 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

I dont understand why stopping the mode. It is fun for some people, a few people play it, there's not much toxicity, everyone is some people are pretty pleased and others are pretty p*ssed. I like it. No stress, camaraderie to deal with the common threat. I vote for it to stay; It causes absolutely no harm. It can be tweaked easily to include a couple of more tiers etc. Maybe I make a poll, or someone else to see if people want to keep it around :)  could work if subs came only for special sub missions...

Corrected that for You... :)

• Funny 1

Players
3,105 posts
20 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

You have had a very different experience of sub battles to me then I found it way more rude and blame filled than ranked battles

haven't played lately due to work, perhaps it deteriorated?

Players
2,308 posts
20,574 battles
3 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

haven't played lately due to work, perhaps it deteriorated?

I played it at the start, I guess just random luck but I found both the game play and the attitude of most people I encountered in subs mode very off putting 

Players
3,105 posts
35 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I played it at the start, I guess just random luck but I found both the game play and the attitude of most people I encountered in subs mode very off putting 

Don't make me doubt my teamates now, probably some were bots tbh, which means i wasted some upvotes for gut plays geez :O

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
5,666 posts
22,495 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Don't make me doubt my teamates now, probably some were bots tbh, which means i wasted some upvotes for gut plays geez :O

Well, I didn't play that many battles in sub mode and usually only during early/late afternoon, but each team usually had three human sub players and around three human players in surface ships...

So you probably only wasted 50% of your upvotes....

• Cool 2

Players
3,105 posts
2 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, I didn't play that many battles in sub mode and usually only during early/late afternoon, but each team usually had three human sub players and around three human players in surface ships...

So you probably only wasted 50% of your upvotes....

thank god then :D

Beta Tester
5,666 posts
22,495 battles
6 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

thank god then :D

I always hoped for WG meking those upvoted for bots to have an effect.. like... making them better by giving them some better aim or whatnot... alas, sooner or later they then would end up better than 70% of the players, instead like now only better than 50% of human players ^^

• Cool 1

Players
3,575 posts
2 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Nope I have not experienced any rudeness, but still having major problems withe the homing signal not getting picked up by the torps.

Players
3,914 posts
21,084 battles
35 minutes ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

Nope I have not experienced any rudeness, but still having major problems withe the homing signal not getting picked up by the torps.

Bots usually dont use chat much :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[IRON7]
Players
698 posts
11,318 battles
5 hours ago, Inappropriate_noob said:

I will be interested in what WG have to say about the success of this event, what feedback they get back from the playerbase, which no doubt they will ignore:Smile_popcorn:

The odds are anything that conflicts with the pre-determined plan to have Subs in WoWS will be ignored just like in their farce CV rework plan.

3 hours ago, Floofz said:

Im going to assume theyre gonna make some changes based on our feedback and then relaunch the event again.

There will likely be some more testing of Subs and their interactions with the other ship classes.

What has surprised me is - there has been not one specific Captain skill for Subs yet the Cpt skill chart/table  literally cries out for something Sub specific.

• Cool 2