You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Floofz

Now Im fed up with the chatbans

54 comments in this topic

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles

Honestly. I log in today and see once again that Ive been chatbanned. Last time I got chatbanned I knew for a fact that I hadnt said or done anything wrong. This time I can prove it, simply because I HAVENT PLAYED THE [edited]GAME. Its impossible for me to get chatbanned when I have played ONE random battle in the past week. And I can link this replay to you.

Can we now admit that this doesnt work as it should, that you get randomly chatbanned for absolutely no reason? It is 100% impossible for me to have said or done ANYTHING wrong, is there even a point in writing a ticket to WG? Will they care?

20200617_223005_PGSB506-Prinz-Eithel-Friedrich_05_Ring.wowsreplay

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Only one game played. How much did you chat while in port and what did you write there?

Chat in battles is only half the story.

As it has already been said a hundred thousend times:

If you have an issue with a chat ban, contact Tanatoy or Crysantos or one of the other community managers via private message and ask for the excerpt of the chat log that lead to your ban. Discussing this, more like ranting, here, does nothing to help.

• Cool 3

[EUTF]
Players
279 posts
6,981 battles

Im innocent Mr judge all the victims had deliberate fallen on my big knife that i carry for self defence - i swear it :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
9 minutes ago, Floofz said:

I have played ONE random battle

I am reasonably sure that you can also get chatbanned for things in ranked games, clan battles, coop games, sub games and operations. Maybe even in training rooms.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

Only one game played. How much did you chat while in port and what did you write there?

Chat in battles is only half the story.

As it has already been said a hundred thousend times:

If you have an issue with a chat ban, contact Tanatoy or Crysantos or one of the other community managers via private message and ask for the excerpt of the chat log that lead to your ban. Discussing this, more like ranting, here, does nothing to help.

I have not written a single word in port chat, or via PM. I havent communicated to anyone about anything in the game for atleast a week. The same thing happend to a clanmate of mine yesterday.

I have sent a ticket to the support but I know for a fact that Ill get a copy paste answer back.

@Crysantos @Tanatoy

There, they are tagged. Now for actual real take this seriously because we are more than are reporting this and its hurting gameplay as we cannot communicate with the team.

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
1 minute ago, PeteEarthling said:

I am reasonably sure that you can also get chatbanned for things in ranked games, clan battles, coop games, sub games and operations. Maybe even in training rooms.

Here are the two operations I played yesterday aswell. Feel free to go throu them and tell me what I wrote that isnt allowed.

I did play around in training room aswell, but only with myself so I obviously didnt write anything in chat. Once again I never write to anyone about anything in port, I have not engaged in the chat, I havent written in clanchatt (ever). I have not written in division chat, I havent talked to anyone in PM as we do that on discord.

20200617_212344_PASA106-Ranger_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

20200617_195837_PGSB106-Bayern_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

[RO-RN]
Players
981 posts
13,958 battles

Chat bans are getting ridiculous, you get chat banned today for what? for:

-Having a great battle, 5 kills,above 200k damage, 4 achievements

-For calling out a fool that charges into his secondary german BB GK into 3 smolensk

-For losing a ranked match

-And now apparently not even playing the game you get chat banned, same thing happened to one of my clan mates, not been playing the game for some months and then he enters the game and finds out he has been banned for what? HaRrasMENt? FACK OFF all these people that get offended so quickly and WG because it is they re broken system would not survive 1 HOUR into a Modern Warfare 2 lobby they would start crying after hearing the first "[edited],[edited],[edited], CAMPER"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Tagging them is irrelevant. You need to send a PM to them. That is a private issue between you and Wargaming, even if you want to make it a public one.

• Bad 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Chatbans can take longer, especially when they are manually given.

It does require you to actualy log in to the client thou. Which I havent for almost a week except for the one game yesterday.

Namnlös.jpg

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,419 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Chatbans can take longer, especially when they are manually given.

I didnt write anything in those 15 games either. I cant swear on it but I dont think I wrote a single word in chat and I know for a fact I didnt write anything offensive. But if you want I can link all 15 games and you can take a look and tell me what I did wrong?

The thing is, when I play 3 man divisions we usually win most games. I dont have a reason to get angry or write anything insulting. And as you can see on my stats for those 15 games we won a lot and did well. There were no reason to insult anyone or write anything bad. And I know for a fact that I havent.

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,187 posts
4,302 battles
14 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Tagging them is irrelevant. You need to send a PM to them. That is a private issue between you and Wargaming, even if you want to make it a public one.

Hi, 

And thank you. @Floofz indeed we don't disclose the reasons in public, please feel free to contact me in pm, and i'll check this for you during the day. 

• Cool 3

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts

Only remotely related to chat violations, but the person in question - besides from being aggressive in chat - has THIS clan name. If this is not bannable, I dunno what. Is this an issue for a ticket, or direct message?

shot-20.06.18_12.16.00-0478.png

• Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles
19 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Only remotely related to chat violations, but the person in question - besides from being aggressive in chat - has THIS clan name. If this is not bannable, I dunno what. Is this an issue for a ticket, or direct message?

shot-20.06.18_12.16.00-0478.png

I would guess ticket but probably worth tagging @Tanatoy to be sure. Am pretty sure 'political' clan names are banned anyway; one would hope this is even more the case when they are quoting Nazis.

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
Just now, Gebbly said:

Doesnt that just translate to "Big Germany"?

Sadly, no. It's the N4zi designation of their presumed fascist Empire and still part of modern N4zi jargon. It was also a Division of the SS, afaik. So it should fall under prohibited clan names.

• Cool 1

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
1 minute ago, TeaAndTorps said:

I would guess ticket but probably worth tagging @Tanatoy to be sure. Am pretty sure 'political' clan names are banned anyway; one would hope this is even more the case when they are quoting Nazis.

Thanks!

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,187 posts
4,302 battles

Hi and thanks,

I'll check with my colleagues from the support team. 

• Cool 3

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts

According to support, there is an ingame feature for reporting this kind of violation. No idea where this is supposed to be. The reports available in game do neither refer to player name or clan name, nor can you add any generic info to clarify why you are reporting... :Smile_sceptic:

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles
2 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

According to support, there is an ingame feature for reporting this kind of violation. No idea where this is supposed to be. The reports available in game do neither refer to player name or clan name, nor can you add any generic info to clarify why you are reporting... :Smile_sceptic:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/29948/29949/

Maybe useful?

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
5 minutes ago, TeaAndTorps said:

I know this page, but that's not ingame. Ingame are the reports like "misbehaviour in chat", "plays poorly" etc. - that's why I am wondering where this supposed report option for name violations is hidden.

Edit: Did a search in clan names out of curiosity how prevalent such names are. Yes. And if you search for any kind of profanity, you will also find clan names. I guess the filter does only check the clan tags, and nobody actually looks after the full names... :Smile_amazed:

Untitled.png

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,197 posts
9,990 battles
17 minutes ago, Gebbly said:

Doesnt that just translate to "Big Germany"?

14 minutes ago, PeteEarthling said:

Sadly, no. It's the N4zi designation of their presumed fascist Empire and still part of modern N4zi jargon. It was also a Division of the SS, afaik. So it should fall under prohibited clan names.

Thats actually Wrong.

The Romans called it "Magna Germania" which is Translated as "Greater Germany"

The Nazis actually called it "Großdeutsches Reich" which Translated as "Great German Empire"  which was leaning on the "Greater Germanic Empire" which included all Countries with Germanic Heritage.

Grossdeutschland was an Unofficial and Informal Term which People used even before WW1 already. It was also used by the German Population during the Nazi Time.

To be Precise it was used in the Reference of Reuniting the Germanic Countries again. But this was Unofficial Naming by the People.

So in that Regard I am not sure this would Violate the Naming Rules. As its not actually a Reference to an Official Name of the Nazi Empire.

But the Name is likely Violating the Naming Rules in a Different Area.

The Motorized Infantry Division "Grossdeutschland" was a Wehrmacht Division. Not an SS Division. (Just to Correct this Small Error on the Side)

However. The Division Grossdeutschland has been Found to have Committed Racial Motivated Warcrimes in France against African French Soldiers.

And According to the Naming Rules. Referencing any Organizations etc that have Committed Crimes against Humanity is Prohibited.

Meaning that this Reference to a Wehrmacht Division that has Committed Racial Motivated Warcrimes is very likely against the Naming Rules.

• Cool 1

[STEEL]
Players
661 posts
3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Thats actually Wrong.

wikipedia: Großdeutschland (disambiguation)

Großdeutschland is German for "Greater Germany" or "Big Germany." It can refer to:

[...]

Großdeutschland, the name informally adopted by Nazi Germany after annexing Austria in March 1938.

Großdeutsches Reich, Nazi Germany's official state name from 1943 to 1945.

Infantry Regiment Großdeutschland, a German Army formation in World War II

Panzer-Grenadier-Division Großdeutschland, a mechanized infantry / armor division created from the Infantry Regiment in 1942.

Panzerkorps Großdeutschland, a panzer corps created with elements from the Grenadier Division and others in 1944.

[...]