YabbaCoe

PT 0.9.6 - Changes to the Modules tab

16 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles

Commanders! :cap_look:

The Modules tab has been fully reworked. Adjusting warships before battle became too difficult and inconvenient due to the large number of ship classes and types, as well as their available enhancements. Now, the process of outfitting a ship before entering battle is clearer and will take less time.

• The tab has been renamed "Equipment."
  • The interface of the Modules block has been improved.
  • You'll be able to manage the upgrades, consumables, and modules of a ship in the same window, without having to switch between different tabs. You can mount modules with a single click.
  • Dependencies between modules of different types have been removed, which makes for a simpler research process. Modules of different types are now intercompatible.
  • You can view any ships you haven't yet purchased in the new "Ship Preview" mode, without a black-and-white filter. To enter this view, click on the icon depicting a camera in the Modules block under the Equipment tab, or on the button in the ship characteristics section of the Tech Tree.

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_modules_EN_1920x1080.jpg

• Bad 2

Players
65 posts
5,864 battles

After having a look at this.
its not good, I like being able to see my ship at all times along with with the whole screen being grayed out, it doesnt look good on the contrast to the gray boxes
Honestly could of changed the upgrades to the new look, but keep the same UI as this UI feels like something for a console, not for the PC 
Edit: The transition to seeing your ship then msot off the screen grayed out with big selection boxes is very jaring, it to big off a drastic change just for "Changeing modules etc" Again making it seem like this UI was deisgned around having a controller then a mouse.

Overall again, the UI while it tries to go for a mordern look, doesnt work well, esspecialy when the game mainly has ships in the WW2 era and it looks different from every other UI and that makes it more out of place.

Second Edit: After going back to the main game and looking at the Ui, I much prefer the old Icons for two simple things
1: On the Modules, it displays the modules numbers. Example: Typer 93 mod. 2, Typer 93 mod. 3 etc (Having this make it looks more filled out, and the upgrade looks more meaningful as they have a name to them while the new UI doesnt as it just "Another engine or torp tube" unless you hover over it same with guns)
2:The old style Icons are better in my opinion, they are not mordern sure, but they look so much better, all they need is a bit off an upgrade, but the detail looks icons looks better for the type of game this is.
Oh also, I know this is are, but some Module changes actually changes the look off a ship, and I know some people prefer having a style over another and with the new UI you cant see this change unless you click out off the upgrade tab.

Again overall, the game is about the ships, the new UI pretty much put the ship to the side line when upgradeing, and I feel like this could off been done better.. we didnt need upgrades/consumable changes taking up the full screen, it just looks like its very simplifed console like.. I know im repeating myself, but it just doesnt work well for the game.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,314 posts
14,108 battles

I like it, but the camos/flag should be there as well. So I still have to jump around between the tabs.

• Cool 1

[B_G_T]
Players
4 posts
1,976 battles

I don't really like the new modules tab because i'm used to the older version which i prefer.

And that i can see my see my ship change when you upgrade the module.

I hope that they can keep the current version of the modules tab.

• Cool 1

Players
4,382 posts
5,713 battles
8 hours ago, Tankie1900 said:

I don't really like the new modules tab because i'm used to the older version which i prefer.

This.

• Cool 1

[ENUF_]
Players
647 posts
23,808 battles
21 hours ago, Smeggo said:

I like it, but the camos/flag should be there as well. So I still have to jump around between the tabs.

I agree, if they are going full screen with the "Equipment" tab anyway, the whole "Exterior" tab should be integrated as well, especially, because there are some signal flags, that have a direct influence on the consumables.

At the moment, there is so much wasted space. A bit like the new armory which uses only half of my screen. It looks more and more like a console UI.

[LUSOS]
Players
379 posts
22,188 battles

Again, WG changed something that no one asked to, instead of resolving the known bugs and issues.

• Cool 1

Players
158 posts

What I also liked better about the old version is that you could actually SEE what the next and previous tier ship was. Now it just says "VII" or whatever.

If you're gonna make a screen that improves upon the current one, make one that incorporates EVERYTHING that impacts ship performance, i.e. upgrades, modules, consumables, flags/signals/camo's, AND commander skills. That gives you the most effective way to 'tune' your ship with the least amount of going back and forth.

• Cool 1

[TAOWS]
Players
17 posts
7,254 battles

Interesting and not completely convinced. Being able to see upgrades, modules etc all on the same screen is helpful, it saves having to switch all the time but I liked the look of the old views. The new ones are a bit plain and garish.

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
9,383 battles

Its good to have all the the stuff at the same time. But I prefer how it was looking in the old style. The menu is better. But put the original looks of the modules.

• Cool 2

[KANET]
Players
2 posts
2,253 battles

The changes are good. Would be nice to see entire icon set in module tab in one style - I think a little space for improvement is still here.

• Bad 2

WG Staff
2,497 posts
929 battles
13 hours ago, U_PILU_IT said:

perchè state nerfando il Venezia?

Captain, 

This is the English section of the forum, so please be more careful and write your comment in English the next time. Alternatively, you can post your question on the Italian section https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/658-comunità-italiana/

WG Staff
2,497 posts
929 battles
4 hours ago, Silent_Wave said:

The changes are good. Would be nice to see entire icon set in module tab in one style - I think a little space for improvement is still here.

Generally, I also like the UI for the module tab, but I do prefer the old icons. I don't know yet if it is because I am not used to it or for actual aesthetic reasons :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[HGHAS]
[HGHAS]
Players
10 posts
3,147 battles

Hi development,

i do NOT like the new modules  equipement screen !

The former was alot nicer in grafics and more clear. Why fix something that works perfect, when it aint broken ! ? !

I suggest a voting on modules to go back to the old one !!!

Why is AIRPLANES damage HP bin lowered ?

I can understand toward balance i gess, but i feal the T10 airplanes should be some stronger, in HP strenght, because against T10 ships the AA shoot you down like flies !

Will we get a shipbuilding module like in Legends ?

Nevertheless, keep up the good work !

Grtz